Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will never, ever happen, but imagine the pop if right when they were going to announce Taker's opponent the Titan Tron went to static and Cult of Personality hit.

I kind of like the idea of it being Goldberg, but it seems to really piss off Vince when someone isn't a mark for Wrestlemania and actually wants paid.

Taker/Goldberg would be very fun especially with both of them cosplaying MMA during their high profile match. I don't see WWE doing the match and having the balls to do a real finish. I highly doubt Mcmahon/HHH/Taker(?) would want Taker losing at Mania to someone who hasn't been in the business proper for over a decade. Lesnar of course is a different case as he was in WWE and had done some matches prior to his Taker encounter. I also don't see Bill just coming in, taking the check, jobbing out, and leaving without some type of fuss occurring. The match is too big to fail which means that its going to be fucked up 10 ways to Starrcade 1997. The fans will be split as they would not want either to win or loss.

Is it bad to assume Angle is keeping himself in ring-shape for this match?

Taker vs Goldberg would make me give even less of a fuck about Mania, and I didn't think that was possible. Seriously is there anybody out there that wants to see 50 year old Taker vs 49 year old Goldberg in one of the main events to fucking WrestleMania. They didn't bother using Goldberg worth a shit 13 years ago when they actually could've made money off him.

I would want to see it for the same reason I wanted to see Orton/Batista as the main event of WM30...I want to see it for bad reasons. If WWE is going to continue to work to fuck around during Mania season then I want to at least be entertained in how far up their own ass the company is. There is no one they can bring in without booking themselves into a corner.

Why would it matter now if Taker wins or loses in his Mania match? The streak is over. There's no need to protect Taker anymore. If it was ever at all possible to do Taker/Goldberg or any other "dream" pairings for Taker, I think it is okay to have Taker lose sometimes and hell, that's really what he should be doing at this point. Not necessarily against Goldberg but it's time to have him phased out a bit and put over quality workers that the WWE might want as a future cornerstone of Triple H/Stephanie era WWE.

Why would it matter now if Taker wins or loses in his Mania match? The streak is over. There's no need to protect Taker anymore. If it was ever at all possible to do Taker/Goldberg or any other "dream" pairings for Taker, I think it is okay to have Taker lose sometimes and hell, that's really what he should be doing at this point. Not necessarily against Goldberg but it's time to have him phased out a bit and put over quality workers that the WWE might want as a future cornerstone of Triple H/Stephanie era WWE.

To the fans it would. I can see in this super touchy era that people will completely shit on Goldberg beating Taker in a way you cannot imagine. I do agree that beating Taker should still mean something and someone doing it should happen. But if/when it does it should go to someone who needs it. Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose,Finn Balor, etc. I think you are underselling the shit storm that will come if Goldberg or someone like him, not including Sting, beats Taker at Mania. It won't be Lesnar levels of stink, but I would hate to go to some place like DVDVR after that PPV.

Now is this rumor about someone who isn't on the main roster (but actually appearing on NXT right now) or is it someone actually not under the WWE umbrella in any way? I cannot think of someone that the WWE would be comfortable putting in a pretty high profile match with Taker after debuting a mere month before the event who isn't already under contract. The most far out possibility is Finn Balor with his Club as his support and I would imagine Balor needs extra time to get the Club over as a real threat to the WWE roster which obviously you can't establish within omly one month.

I agree that Taker shouldn't be losing to Goldberg, which is why I said "not necessarily Goldberg", my point was really more a general point that Taker losing at Mania is already out there on the table, and so the fans already has that shock of the Lesnar match out of their system so the WWE should rethink what Taker's role should be going forward, and it can't be as the spectre of doom and destroyer of wrestlers' will anymore. That's done with now.

Gallows would make a perfectly suitable Undertaker opponent if he was built up properly, and they'd probably have a pretty good match too. I'm not sure what their plans are there, though, and if I'm WWE, I'm building up Gallows as a Roman Reigns opponent later in the year by pushing him HARD. A loss to Undertaker right away wouldn't destroy that, but it would work against that idea.

I'm with our friend from the frigid north.

Have them show hubris and Taker interrupt them at Fastlane.

That one match would make the Mania card so much better.

Just imagine Xavier and Kofi outside the ring taunting Taker as Big E dances over his prone body. It's money! Plus Big E should get a massive push.

Gallows would make a perfectly suitable Undertaker opponent if he was built up properly, and they'd probably have a pretty good match too. I'm not sure what their plans are there, though, and if I'm WWE, I'm building up Gallows as a Roman Reigns opponent later in the year by pushing him HARD. A loss to Undertaker right away wouldn't destroy that, but it would work against that idea.

This is a pertinent point because, political hit theory aside, if WWE actually want Reigns to be a success as champion then he needs credible heel challengers. That means that WWE are going to have to take the breaks off of the 50/50 booking and actually establish some heels. Owens would have been a good contender for a title feud just a few weeks ago but now he's trading wins with Ziggler on TV and that would tarnish anyone's credibility. If this Wrestlemania is to be a success beyond simply being a big-ass show in a big-ass stadium, then the goal should be to kick off serious pushes for two or three heels with the aim of having them as Roman's main challengers over the next 4-6 months.

If Dean vs. Brock was for the title, this card becomes a million times more interesting. You don't even need to change anything else, you can still have garbage like HHH vs. Reigns and you can still push Shane McMahon off a building for your vanity project retrospective videos. There's a million problems with how they portray Dean but he's got the majority of the people behind him and 90% of the roster can't say that.