Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

they will probably pull a WM 18 and make sure Steph is out there with Hunter (if she's not involved with anything big earlier) thinking that people will not cheer Hunter if she's involved. I still don't think it will work. And obviously putting it on after Shane/Taker is going to be a catastrophe

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the rare times where not ending the show with the title match makes sense. Shane vs Taker is practically for the company...that is more of higher stakes than a title. If Shane is scheduled to win then it would be awkward for him to win then Triple H, a guy who would be negatively impacted by Shane and pretending everything is alright with the Authority and himself. If Shane loses then either Triple H completes a sweep of Authority victories to end the show or have the guy no one could really get behind in Reigns winning and closing the show in a really bad consolation prize for the fans who realizes that the Authority isn't going away. Ending the show with Shane/Taker gives them the ability to create total chaos for the finish to distract the fans from realizing it was not an outcome they want to see (Shane the non wrestler beating a Mania legend or the Authority winning once again).

They still have Texas Death Matches in WWE. They are just called Last Man Standing matches. But a Street Fight is a better stipulation because even though most people already think Dean has no chance of winning, at this point is there anything people would believe would put Brock down for a 10 count in a LMS match?

Maybe they intend to be as literal as possible and have Ambrose and Brock brawling in the streets of Dallas. I do believe that if they really want to get Ambrose over (doubtful if they are really all in on Reigns) then they could have someone be the Goldberg to Ambrose's Eddie Guerrero where they booked it so Ambrose gets to win and looks good for it and Brock isn't weakened because it took Bill F'N Goldberg spearing him to lead to the finish and people forgot about Goldberg quickly enough.

Probably because they don't want to use the word "death".

I understand this but it also makes me laugh a little because my brain goes back to WCW booking a first blood match where they couldn't say BLOOD on TV so they told people to go to the website to find out the stip. And then they didn't do a first blood match anyway.

At least with the WWE I have faith that since they promised us a barbed wire bat, they will actually deliver.

I doubt the bat would really factor in the match. I am thinking it's significance will be that Brock somehow gets possession of the bat and it'd truly be game over for Ambrose. Brock's a tough guy but I can't envision him being willing to get whacked around with that bat. Ambrose, back in his days in the indies as Jon Moxley, has already had a decent amount of experience in garbage wrestling and he is more likely to receive the ass whooping with it. Either so they can put over Ambrose as a guy who came close to beating Brock and the weapon just happened to be his downfall or they will use it to kind of put a damper on his push being a guy who once again failed for taking yet another unnecessary risk and paid the price for it (much like the exploding television and the hologram causing him to lose).

To me, Ambrose has to end up on top because they've done so much half-assed booking with him that they need him to get some kind of momentum before they ruin the whole vibe he has going on. I also agree with the aforementioned statement that giving Ambrose the rub off Lesnar is a great way to have an insurance plan in the even that this Reigns "experiment" fails so they don't go to complete shit. I agree with some people though that the build with Triple H as the chicken shit heel has been much better than has been led on, the problem? Reigns doesn't resonate with enough of the audience that it'll make a huge difference.

Meltz has said numerous times lately that the company legit sees this as elevating Ambrose. I mean he's not going to over Brock but the goal is to get Dean more over. They see him as the new Foley

If they can give him the similar rub as they did Foley in the 99-00 role while jobbing, then I'm ok with it yet this is going to be tough to do in this day and age. While I agree that there's some obvious parallels between Foley and Ambrose, Ambrose is head and shoulders better in the ring.

The way they have built Brock/Ambrose with Ambrose needing weapons to keep Brock at bay it is kind of like the talent level disparity is as bad as the disparity between Taker and Shane.

Well when Ambrose is competing with Dolph Ziggler for weakest looking offense in the WWE that's kind of the only option they have. It's not like he can go out and have a match like Reigns/Lesnar last year where it looked like two dudes really beating the shit out of each other. Everything Ambrose does looks super soft.

Fuck it.... i am embracing this shitty card. I will cheer for Shane O Mac. I will cheer HHH since that is what the company wants us to do. I will pop for the legends of WWE and be better for it. This company has defeated me.

Same here. I've already booked the Monday off work so I can stay up and watch Mania. I'll be watching it at Rileys at 1am onwards with some friends and a few drinks. One of my friends loves Ziggler and hates Reigns, I hate Ziggler and like Reigns, so there'll be some fun rivalry there. I'll wear my Brie Mode t-shirt because it'll be one of the few times it's socially acceptable to do so, then I'll drunkenly catch the first tram home in the wee hours. Even if the card is terrible (and most of the matches should actually be decent), I'll have fun

Fuck it.... i am embracing this shitty card. I will cheer for Shane O Mac. I will cheer HHH since that is what the company wants us to do. I will pop for the legends of WWE and be better for it. This company has defeated me.

Is this a double turn with Johnny?

Meltz has said numerous times lately that the company legit sees this as elevating Ambrose. I mean he's not going to over Brock but the goal is to get Dean more over. They see him as the new Foley

If they can give him the similar rub as they did Foley in the 99-00 role while jobbing, then I'm ok with it yet this is going to be tough to do in this day and age. While I agree that there's some obvious parallels between Foley and Ambrose, Ambrose is head and shoulders better in the ring.

What's Ambrose better at than Foley? I can't think of a single thing.