Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

I think I prefer Scott Hall's idea of having Shawn Michaels in Triple H's corner, the Rock in Reigns's and Daniel Bryan as special ref.

I love this idea too. But would Rock put the kibosh on working with Shawn? It's something he's never had any interest in (which he outright said in a Torch Talk interview a few years back), even after Shawn's born again conversion.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I prefer Scott Hall's idea of having Shawn Michaels in Triple H's corner, the Rock in Reigns's and Daniel Bryan as special ref.

I love this idea too. But would Rock put the kibosh on working with Shawn? It's something he's never had any interest in (which he outright said in a Torch Talk interview a few years back), even after Shawn's born again conversion.

I thought in recent interviews he was a guy he wanted to work with.

I can't speak for the Rock but I'd imagine it'd make a difference to the Rock to just back Shawn down if it looks like Shawn trying something on Reigns outside the ring. Nobody's asking the Rock to work a program with Shawn or anything. The interaction could be kept to a minimum but still a significant thing for fans to see. The Rock had a problem with Shawn for years way back and he still accepted getting superkicked by HBK on an early Smackdown (I think it was the debut episode of Smackdown actually). And if the end game is getting Reigns to a certain point, why not right? Ending the show with Daniel Bryan and Rock standing tall with Reigns over the beaten body of Triple H might offset any possible negative response to Reigns winning. Maybe not though.

Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt is officially announced for WrestleMania Roadblock. That could have been a pretty interesting match if The Wyatts were kept strong leading into it and not jobbed out to the old giants.

It's just called WWE Roadblock not Wrestlemania Roadblock. I would rather they called the special Saturday Night's Main Event. If fans want Reigns to turn heel, don't expect him to turn face for years after the smarks say he is ready to be a face again.

Not interested in watching the dads fight each other over their sons t-ball game. This kind of thinking needs to die.

This.

Reigns needs to stand alone. If WWE wants him to get over then the worse thing the company can do is have Reigns being all buddy-buddy with Rock, Bryan, whomever is cool at the time. Reigns has rubbed elbows with The Rock before and it didn't work. Reigns and Bryan shook hands at Fastlane last year and it didn't work. Hell, Reigns is still paling around with Dean Ambrose and he is STILL not completely over. Peanut butter doesn't need Jelly and Roman Reigns needs to be peanut butter. Right now he is the fucking mayo being paired with chocolate pudding, Sangaria, and chocolate chip cookies. And people wonder why Roman Reigns is still leaving a bad taste in the fans mouths.

It is true that Reigns needs to stand in his own two feet but they have already booked themselves into a mess. Fans are obviously not going to change their minds about him in a month. Even if his push suddenly started to click this Monday onward, it's too late. So I think it is fair to think of ways to send the fans home happier than they will if Reigns closed the show on his own. It isn't for Reigns's benefit. It's for the however many tens of thousands of fans attending the show. They can worry about Reigns on his own after Mania.

Well if he is in Texas, he is most definitely out there picking up some Whataburger. Best hamburgers bar none.

Can't be better than the vegetarian picnic burger at Fresh in Toronto.

This has to be a troll post. No other explanation. Feeble attempt to compare some tofu bullshit with a Texas burger.

Well if he is in Texas, he is most definitely out there picking up some Whataburger. Best hamburgers bar none.

This has to be a troll post. No other explanation. Feeble attempt to compare some tofu bullshit with a Texas burger.

Has to be a troll post. Whataburger is the best.

I wonder how they get Foley involved. He's not the type of guy the heel Authority would want getting involved with something that has significant value to them. I could see why they want the guy who has only lost one Mania match in 20 years but Foley has always been the weirdo that they only tolerate because he's not affecting anything they care about. But at the same time Shane doesn't really have the power to override everyone's misgivings about Foley. So you kinda practically need Linda for this plothole. She should be getting involved anyways since it is three family members of hers feuding. She can't possibly be okay with the father of her son threatening to disown him.

As a Canadian that eats meat I apologize on behalf of our nation.

What is the over/under percentage on Taker throwing Shane through the roof of the cage, while

ref Foley looks on in horror at a recreation of the shoot-worst bump of his life?

Zero chance. I think the WWE has really moved away from the idea that you have to have big bumps and instead they have done a decent job making it more like a real slugfest that happened to take place inside a cell so no one can run away. Shane only took big bumps in certain parts of the arena set where they could put in something to break his fall more safely. That won't be possible to do at Wrestlemania where they want to maximize seating options. And Shane is obviously much older now than he was back then. He might not even be willing to take those anymore. But obviously they are going to utilize smoke and mirrors to create less of a match and more of a spectacle.

When I peeked into the dregs of online wrestling discussion to see what they were saying about Shane's return that was a heavy focus. "Yes! Shane is back and that means someone is FINALLY going to take a bump off the Cell again!" but I don't see anyway that actually happens. They specifically raised the roof on the Cell to keep people from taking bumps off of it. That combined with the fact that Shane is a lot older now and that there is no way to hide a crash pad under an announce table I don't think there is any way he takes a bump off or especially through the Cell.

I think there is something wrong with people thinking Shane, who has a completely separate life outside of wrestling, would be willing to do something so stupid. I could understand if he had been living in WWE land the past 7 years and was a complete mark, but he is pushing 50, has 3 kids, and a wife at home. Aside from that, I personally don't want to see it. There are some performers who had a good run, but have other things in life playing against them that don't make me want to personally stand up and cheer when I see them go through a table. Father Of Three Shane McMahon is in the same league as Scrambled Eggs and Swiss Cheese Mick Foley and Cocaine With A Side of Crack Jeff Hardy as far as I am concerned.

I seriously doubt that for what is ending up one of their biggest matches for their biggest Mania ever the WWE sitting there giggling about trolling a guy who's been reduced to something little more valuable than Koko B. Ware. So...not happening. I could see that happening if it was any other two guys but not the boss's son and the boss's greatest creation/WWE manufactured icon.