Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestle Mania 32... Live As It Happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a chance that modern WWE booking is a trial of endurance to see how far they have to go to make the hardcore fans break and leave forever?

I really did think that might have been some part of the plan in the booking tonight. But it won't happen. There are people leaving AT&T Stadium right now bitching about how that was the worst Mania ever and already planning in their heads their trip to next year's.

Wyatt interrupting Rock and then Cena coming to save him could have been a cool ten minute segment. But that was like half an hour....

Yep, and this is my problem with "Goosebumps" Rock. The talking segments shouldn't happen, but if they do they should be kept to 10 minutes or less. Rock does his entrance, announces the attendance record, Wyatt's music hits, Wyatt/Rock promo while Wyatt walks down the ramp. By the time they hit the ring Rock and Rowan and do their thing and the rest of the segment finishes out as it should. Again, this could have and should have been 10 minutes and it would have been somewhat fun.

Xavier and LON job to Austin, Foley, and HBK and then latter in the show The Wyatts job out to Rock. I am glad that WWE set the young talent to continue doing stadium shows for years to come by making them look on par or better than the guys from eras long gone.

Xavier and LON job to Austin, Foley, and HBK and then latter in the show The Wyatts job out to Rock. I am glad that WWE set the young talent to continue doing stadium shows for years to come by making them look on par or better than the guys from eras long gone.

They are fine. Their new young ace Roman Reigns drew 101,763 people in the main event this year and 76,976 last year. They have a very hot new star, judging by the growth in attendance from last year to this year they will need to find somewhere where they can draw 126,550 fans next year.

It was incredible how my friends (all super casual) and I went from being super excited to turning it off before the main event. Every single match had the more popular wrestler(s) lose in a deflating fashion

Ryder winning was kind of cool, but set the tone when Zayn didn't win.

Jericho over AJ was a headscratcher, but oh well...

New Day losing had me noticing a trend.

Dean losing wasn't surprising, but it was another flat ending with the popular guy losing.

Neither Sasha or Becky winning got us real frustrated

By the time Taker's match started, I "knew" he'd win since if Shane winning would be the "good" ending, it wasn't gonna happen.

I thought maybe Shaq or Henry (who is about to retire) winning the royal would be nice, but nope just unadvertised or mentioned random big NXT guy.

After the Rock I turned it off.

I hated the Taker match. There were probably less than 30 moves (even counting duplicates) in 30 minutes. Stunt falls do nothing for me if the match is a total slog.

They are fine. Their new young ace Roman Reigns drew 101,763 people in the main event this year and 76,976 last year. They have a very hot new star, judging by the growth in attendance from last year to this year they will need to find somewhere where they can draw 126,550 fans next year.

- WWE Focus Group Dept.

- WWE Focus Group Dept.

Numbers don't lie.

35491.jpg

- WWE Focus Group Dept.

Numbers don't lie.

35491.jpg

So guys with the show over you all still have a couple hours to get your GWE votes in for Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and Triple H.

You spelled Roman Reigns as Chris Jericho for some reason.

So lemme get my 2 cents in.

1- Good to see Ryder get the win. I'm not a fan or anything, but he's been there forever and he's been booked horribly.

2- I typed an excessively long rant about WWE mishandling AJ Styles like 2 months ago. People here thought I was being a total pessimistic asshole. At the risk of being a total asshole, I was kinda right.

3- That was a Bataan death march of a show... What 7 hours including preshow? Christ no wrestling show should ever be that long.

4- Come on, They are never going going to do something of meaning with New Day, face it. Its the WWE, and the New Day is black. There I said it.

5- Lesnar is always fun. Thats the one thing on the show that I think they did well. Lesnar didn't take a fall because in no way could he, but Ambrose went down swinging and comes out better than he went in.

6- Shane McMahon off the top of the cell was crazy, especially with his kids there what the fuck... speaking of McMahons and what the fuck Stephanie's get up.... there is an age limit for crazy stunts and dressing like a street walker out of Mad Max, they are both way past it.

7- the women's match was fun, even if the wrong person won.

8-- The biggest frustration to me was watching Shaq vs Big Show staredown. If they had booked Big Show or Kane consistently well at all in the past 15 years, a match with one of them against Shaq could really draw money. Shaq is still on TV 4 nights a week, and is still in great shape. It just boggles my mind that they never thought that keeping Show, Henry, and Kane strong would be a good idea.

9- YAY Reigns won!!!!!!!

All in all not the worst show ever, not good, worth watching for free.

The show was an endless, bloated slog for me. I haven't hated something in wrestling more than Taker vs Shane in a long time.

Yea that match really was horrible. When your punches are making Makabe/Ishii look like Lawler/Dundee and you're making The Rock feel really good about his Sharpshooter you're doing something very wrong.

Somebody's got to write a book on Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker. Or, at the very least, a blog post with footnotes along the right hand margin. I wrote and submitted my GWE ballot during the main event and it still had The Undertaker's name on it...but I'm not going to pretend that I didn't wince a little bit while I was typing that name.

The show itself was mostly a disaster but, really, quality is a secondary concern to the WWE at this point. All they ever need is two or three things coming out of any show to keep people hanging on and they'll do just that, no matter how bad things get.