Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 2

Grimmas

Rogers is one of those guys who was hurt for me by the tag ballot going on at the same time. I didn't treat him as seriously as I should because I knew I'd have The Fantastics high as a team. So he went from 36 on my SC list to not on this one at all.

Invader I is the first person to come up where I felt that he was way too low, but really it's Invader I. It's pretty amazing he finished as high as he did.

Same thing happened to me with Rogers, the tag ballot kind of unintentionally nudged me towards not focusing on people that had largely tag resumes for this list.

And I'd say 15 ballots is way more than I had expected for Invader 1 all things considered.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even that Rollins is "too modern" and still in the prime of his career it's that he isn't very good. He's had a lot of big matches in WWE and very few of them have wound up being memorable or all that good. Compare Sheamus' run as World Champ in 2012 to Rollins reign as WWE champ and Sheamus totally blows him away.

Seth Rollins ahead of Tommy Rogers? Who is responsible for this madness?

Duggan, Rogers and Anjoh were mine. Duggan as walking tall caveman brawler is awesome. Anjoh as pouty, quick-tempered shoot style cheapshot artist is awesome. Rogers as face in peril is awesome. I love all three guys.

Yoji Anjoh is the second entry off of my list at #61. Lots of 101-125 cuts in this group for me too: Nishimura, El Samurai, Rogers, Invader 1, and Chono. (And yeah, Invader 1 was a direct byproduct of being driven to check out more of his work after listening to the Exile episode on Puerto Rico, for what it's worth.)

I feel bad about Nigel McGuinness, though, because I think I may have ended up leaving him off of my ballot entirely through a copy/paste error, even though I meant to vote for him in the 40-50 range. Just a total whiff on my part. @#$%.

It's not even that Rollins is "too modern" and still in the prime of his career it's that he isn't very good. He's had a lot of big matches in WWE and very few of them have wound up being memorable or all that good. Compare Sheamus' run as World Champ in 2012 to Rollins reign as WWE champ and Sheamus totally blows him away.

Cena v Brock v Rollins was better than anything Sheamus has ever done I'd say in all of his life but I haven't seen the TMNT movie yet, also the MITB cash in at Mania was an amazing moment plus the RKO from earlier in the same show and that's all just within the past year. So account for having his hot run in ROH & PWG as well which includes the ATOF debut which is considered one of the biggest moments in the history of ROH I say the kid is fine just where he is

El Samurai???? This is becoming a depressing lunch.

Blame me. I voted for Sammy in 2006 I believe, although I was a bit down on NJ juniors already. Haven't rewatch anything from him and I had too many other "old candidates" that I wanted to put in. But yeah, seems he's a forgotten worker now. Cool, he'll be a "discovery" in 2021 or so. ;) (and yeah, thinking guys like Hall, Luger, both of them whom I like more than most, haven't showed up yet while Sammy or Tommy Rogers are there... well, the comeback of mainstream US wrestling I guess)

And our second (or third, depending) murderer has dropped. I wonder how high the most famous one will get. PR remains one of my black hole that I always wanted to explore.

So you ranked Hogan and Andre really really high then right?

No but I also didn't rank Seth Rollins very high either I'm wonder what has Sheamus done that makes him your measuring stick?

Actually have a long string of good matches while champion. I only used him to compare his World Title run against Rollins WWE Title run.