Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

I recently had a dream where I decided to throw a party for Johnny Smith, but I wasn't very good at putting it together and felt bad about how lame the party was (fortunately, Johnny didn't mind. He had a beer and told us Steve Williams stories). I'm more than a little disappointed in my subconscious for going with something so obvious.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was in my early twenties, I worked at a movie theater. One of the assistant managers, Juan, was kind of a tool, and he always seemed to have some minor and confusing problem with me. In this dream I had, there were people from corporate making a visit to the theater one day, and one of them happened to be Ric Flair. 

At this theater, there was this tiny window looking out from the upstairs office onto the floor, right over the concession stand and facing the entrance, I guess so that the manager could keep tabs on the floor and yell down to the floor staff if necessary. As I was sweeping up popcorn from the floor in front of concession, I could hear Flair, up in the office, ‘Woo!’-ing vigorously every so often.

I was pretty excited, because, Ric Flair was at the theater (I didn’t even know he worked for Cinemark), but Juan was a serious jerkoff and passive-aggressively scolded me in front of all of them for some petty, nonexistent infraction, just to humiliate me. However, Ric pulled me aside as they were leaving, putting his hand on my shoulder and telling me “Don’t worry about him, you’re doing great. Just keep doing what you’re doing.” He walked out the door, strutted in front of the box office, and left. And I felt great.

Edited by delacroix

1 hour ago, WingedEagle said:

I'd imagine it depends on the expense involved with editing them to meet any Network/legal standards, but that's just a wild guess.

Yeah, at the very least you'd think they'd use them for "before they were superstars" things for Gargano, Riddle, Gulak, etc. Not sure how careful Evolve was with copyrighted music, which would effect how quickly they put full shows up there.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:11 AM, NintendoLogic said:

I've had a few wrestling-related dreams myself. The other night, I dreamt that Kerry Von Erich and I put a Labrador retriever in a washing machine to clean it off. Soon after, I realized I'd made a horrible mistake because the dog would probably drown. Then Toshiaki Kawada showed up and they had a fight.

I'd just like to say that this is hands down the funniest post I've read here at PWO and I want to put it in my signature.

I completely missed 2 days ago was the 20th anniversary of Bash at the Beach 2000. This important milestone is when Vince Russo forever changed wrestling history.  I am surprised nobody created a thread for people to share their thoughts on this historic event and how its implications are still impacting pro wrestling to this day.

Of course, as I am sure you all know, I am talking about when Vampiro and the KISS Demon invented "cinematic wrestling " during their "Graveyard" Match. Boneyard, anyone?

7 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

It still impresses me how VPW2 had such crystal clear quality for the entrance themes. Compared to WWF No Mercy and the likes, it felt like straight out of a CD!

Especially on the N64 which had some famously disastrous audio issues in some games.

There wasn't any technical limitation per se in terms of how high quality the audio could be on the N64 itself, it's just that being cartridge based had file size restrictions.  A *lot* of developers  just decided to do fix that by doing the maximum compression possible which made it sound like shit.  

Does anyone know if this audio recording exists?

WCW @ Inglewood, CA - Great Western Forum - March 6, 1992 (5,000; 2,000 paid)
Broadcast live with play-by-play via Cable Radio Network by Dynamite D
Richard Morton pinned Johnny B. Badd with a roll up at the 10-minute mark
Marcus Alexander Bagwell pinned Terrence Taylor with an inside cradle at the 10-minute mark
Abdullah the Butcher defeated Cactus Jack via count-out
Mr. Hughes & Vinnie Vegas defeated Ron Simmons & Big Josh when Vegas pinned Josh after Harley Race interfered
Barry Windham pinned Larry Zbyzsko in a Death Match at the 3-minute mark
Dustin Rhodes, Rick & Scott Steiner defeated WCW TV Champion Steve Austin, WCW Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton in an elimination match; Rhodes and Austin were both counted out; Scott Steiner was disqualified for throwing Anderson over the top rope; Rick pinned Eaton with a powerslam; Rick pinned Anderson with a clothesline
WCW US Champion Rick Rude pinned WCW World Champion Sting in a non-title steel cage match at the 12-minute mark after hitting Sting with Paul E. Dangerously's phone