Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

If any angle would've/could've potentially irked me, it was the McMahon vs. "God" stuff which was really tasteless to me due to my religious beliefs, but even then I couldn't care less.

I almost forgot about this, but that has to be one of the dumbest and most offensive programs they've ever put on. 90% of the country believes in God, so you've just offended them, and the other 10% is agnostic/atheist/"spiritual," so you've offended them by how stupid it is.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://twitter.com/mlw/status/978291287710420992

It was a given it would be beIN Sports. Awesome. If you're a football fan, then you most likely have beIN already as it airs LaLiga, Serie A, and Ligue 1.

If you don't have beIN Sports, then you can watch it for free live on go 90.

The program will air on Friday nights at 8:00 PM EST starting on April 20 with replys at 11:00 PM. The program will be Friday Nightt Fury.

Penta and Fénix are going to become roster members as they struck a deal with AAA and LU for them.

New tag champs and a middleweight champ will be crowned later this year. The middleweight title was already mentioned at one of the past shows as Aries mentioned it after he beat ACH and he said he wanted to be in the tournament for it.

I pretty much stopped watching this time after the Braun job in September. I wasn't mad or anything, I just got tired of interesting angles popping up and having to be ignored because Brock is a part timer and they are bound and determined to stick to the Mania main event no one wants.

My real exit was the Chris Benoit murders. That was a solid 5 years of watching zero wrestling until I got into Chikara and that brought me back. Now for Chikara, there wasn't a specific angle that made me give up on them. The company just didn't have the same feel that it did before the shutdown angle.

Can we take a moment and talk about the Chikara shutdown angle? I think I would place that as one of the dumbest things a promoter has ever done. They were red hot and firing on all cylinders creatively. It's now been years since that angle and they still haven't recovered from it.

That's what I heard as well that Quack's wife left him after he got busted fooling around with one of his female students. Also while we're talking about Quack has anyone here heard of the Infamous Mike Quackenbush thread on CZWfans that people have referenced on Reddit? It's been taken down but I'd love to see what it was all about as I've heard Quack has quite the list of strange and dickish behavior.

Here's his reply to that question

This story was conceived pretty far in advance. Parts of it had to be put in place years in advance for people to discover in the correct fashion. In a manner of speaking, this one was baked, not microwaved. It was done with extreme secrecy, and on a need-to-know basis as much as possible to avoid the potential for leaks.

In terms of back-up plan: No. The commitment to this was 100%.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1xmixr/ama_mike_quackenbush/cfcnkvv/

Not exactly wrestling related, but does anyone know whatever happened to Ditch? I remember him being a huge All Japan dude over at DVDVR and I saw he posted here regularly too. I checked his profile on here and on DVDVR and he hasn't been on either site in almost 2 years.

I took my nine year old nephew to his first wrestling show at New South in Hartselle. I promised him when he was three I would take him like I did his brother.

The show itself was pretty good. But honestly I rather be at home, I hate crowds and have severe anxiety, I was four nerve pills in just to function.

But it was still an amazing experience because I got to see wrestling thru the eyes of a child. To Connor "my nephew" everyone was a star. He was angry when the bad guys cheated and jubilant when the good guys won. He was not comparing young guys to hazy memories of the past they could not compare to. He ran up to every wrestler and got his arms signed. Cheeseburger made two fans last night in me and the Con Dog. Connor begged me for a mask so I got it telling him that was his big purchase. But he wanted a shirt from Cheeseburger so much. So I got it and he threw in an 8X10.

I saw the current indy wrestlers in a new light. Not these punks trying to usurp my memories. But guys with my old passion who want to make new memories. The whole trip kinda put me in the hole before April even started. But it was all worth it.

Had some questions that I wanted to post here rather than on Reddit -

I just got through watching the 02'-03' WWE PPVs and am now watching the 04' Royal Rumble and I wast just curious if someone who was following at the time, active online, and maybe kept up with the WON could explain some things in regards to the timeline of events.

- In January 04', was it well known that Goldberg would not be re-signing? Is this why they take the title off of him in December 03' and, at least based on what is presented at the Rumble, don't really tie him in at all with Triple H (who he'd been feuding with) and give him the "Its Obvious He's Not Winning" position at #30?

- Going into the show, Benoit's gimmick is that he can't "win the big one" and is feuding with Paul Heyman. Seems like they were telegraphing his victory the whole show and for weeks prior. At the time, was it a given that he was winning or were there people that thought it could go to someone else? Who else was in the running? Cena?

- Immediately after the Rumble, like, the night of, was the expectation that Benoit would challenge Lesnar or was the 3-way expected?

- Speaking of Lesnar, when did his impending departure start getting publicized? Before No Way Out in February or after?

- Finally, earlier in the show, Eddie Guerrero defeats Chavo clean and the crowd cheers and actually chants "Eddie!" at one point, but then, in the post-match, it is very clear that Eddie turns heel. He bloodies Chavo and beats up his brother and there's none of that "I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal" mischief to it - we may not be supposed to have sympathy for Chavo, but we're definitely not supposed to view Eddie's actions are virtuous either. When Eddie leaves, he doesn't get booed, but there are no more chants for him and the crowd is just kind of quiet. So...was this basically just dropped/never spoken of again? By No Way Out, I feel like Eddie was fully the impish, mischievous babyface. Is that accurate?