Pro Wrestling Only

Speculation on the WrestleMania 33 card

BigBadMick

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The card as of now makes me sad. It's very possible you come out of that thing without a single great match.

What do you think about it relative to last year?

Last year was a dreadful show, so I was hoping for better. I guess this card might be a little better, but you would think for all the talent they control, they could come up with one legitimately exciting match.

I think the problem is the build up isn't organic anymore. The promotion builds a certain way from post-Mania to the Rumble. Then they toss it all on it's head because they have to work in the part timers. So in the past you would have a big blow off for Cena/Styles at Mania but now that has to end somewhere else because Mania isn't meant for that match anymore.

Yeah, there's a lot of truth in that. I just don't know how you end up with Cena, who's still obviously the biggest star in the company, working a mixed tag with three people who aren't anywhere near his level. Or Styles, who could lock down the Savage/HBK "great match" role for the next three or four years, potentially working Shane. I don't know who that shit is for.

Obviously, they get away with it because Mania is so huge that we all watch anyway. But it's a bummer.

It's not about making the best matches anymore, hasn't been for a while. It's all about making the best Wrestlemania Moments they can put in video packages and do Network specials from.

That's what I don't get. They go on and on about bullshit manufactured Mania moments. What would be better than a bloody John Cena finally conquering his rival from the past year?

I am trying not to get too upset because it is just wrestling after all BUT you got to be fucking shitting me! AJ VS SHANE?!?!?! CENA NOT IN A BIG MATCH!?!?!? HE IS LITERALLY BIG MATCH JOHN!!! Every potential rumored card, I see does NOT EVEN HAVE JOHN CENA ON IT!!! this is ridiculous. In terms of buzz, wrestling ability, star power, Cena and AJ are their best bets. Jericho vs Owens that is great midcard comedy, but cmon. Bray vs Orton, you have got to be shitting me! I am holding out hope. Obviously, Cena HAS to be on the card and so does AJ. I just needed to vent. At the end of the day, not my company and really there is so much wrestling that even if they don't do it right I can always go back and watch other things. After Mania, you know Cena and AJ will still kick ass, but still it is kinda shitty.

I think I may have become resigned to what Wrestlemania is now, because I'm not too bummed about the lacklustre card at this point. Obviously I'd like to see great wrestling throughout, but it looks like it will be another hour and a half of action and four and a half hours of infomercial regardless. In this environment stuff like the mixed tag actually makes a lot of sense. Not saying I like it. More indifferent than anything.

My wife is a casual viewer in that she watches the big shows with me. I told her about Reigns/Taker and Goldberg/Lesnar and her response was to ask "why?" in a very disgusted tone.

My wife, on the other hand, was stoked about Cena/Nikki v. Miz/Maryse.

Dave and Bryan arguing over whether Cena will propose to Nikki at Mania legit made me LOL

Well, given the rumors of Nikki Bella retiring after Wrestlemania, who knows if hell will freeze over and Cena proposes to Nikki after their match.

They would sell this as a wedding even bigger than Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth at Summerslam 1991.

God i hate when they hotshot belts before mania. I already don't love the logic of the rumble winner getting a shot at the biggest show, but I get it and I have come to enjoy it. Trading the belt(s) around right before on top of that is so frustrating.

Dave and Bryan arguing over whether Cena will propose to Nikki at Mania legit made me LOL

Well, given the rumors of Nikki Bella retiring after Wrestlemania, who knows if hell will freeze over and Cena proposes to Nikki after their match.

They would sell this as a wedding even bigger than Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth at Summerslam 1991.

Man, I'd love that just for it getting booed out of the building

Man, I'd love that just for it getting booed out of the building

Lesnar coming out in a tux and giving Cena the F5 would be pretty hilarious.

WM33 card so far per the Observer:

Rollins was getting an evaluation on the knee on 2/1 in Birmingham and the early word was that hed be out about eight weeks, meaning that Mania was possible but not definite. Obviously hell want to do it under any circumstances when its that close of a call but WWE these days, for legal reasons, is far more cautious about throwing talent back into the ring before they are ready than has been the case historically.

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H (up in the air)

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles (not confirmed yet)

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Jax vs. Banks (Raw Women's Title)

The Miz & Maryse vs. John Cena & Nikki Bella

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton (WWE Title)

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (Universal Title)

Well, that looks dire. Only the Raw women's match looks any good. Also not sure why they would waste maybe the best wrestler in the company on Shane McMahon.