Pro Wrestling Only

Speculation on the WrestleMania 33 card

BigBadMick

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Show's six pack in 2017 to the list of reasons you never say never in wrestling

I don't love the idea of Reigns vs Strowman, but I imagine that match keeps coming back to vince's brain and either he talks himself out of it or someone else does over and over. That is why I assume Braun wins the Rumble and faces Reigns (despite rumors) and we all subject to hearing Vince in the throes of ecstasy from the back throughout the entire match.

If not that I wont be surprised if they do Braun vs Joe, especially if they really do go with Taker vs Reigns. Joe would make sure Braun looked great on the big stage and they could both come out better for it in a hass battle.

Here is hoping I am wrong. What I "want" changes almost as much as what is rumored but right now I want Joe to win and face Styles or Cena or Both and Reigns vs Balor (I really want Reigns vs Zayn, but I am not getting that).

I can't see how Goldberg vs Lesnar would close the show over Taker vs Reigns for the belt.

I would rather see Cena-Taker and Reigns-Lesnar for each of the belts, and Styles-Balor.

Have Lesnar win the Rumble eliminating Goldberg and Taker, then do Goldberg vs Reigns at Fast Lane and put him in the HOF Mania Wkend and/or vs Strowman.

The latest Observers are saying Taker is not challenging for the title, so if it's Taker/Reigns I guess Reigns wouldn't be champion.

I can't see how Goldberg vs Lesnar would close the show over Taker vs Reigns for the belt.

I would rather see Cena-Taker and Reigns-Lesnar for each of the belts, and Styles-Balor.

Have Lesnar win the Rumble eliminating Goldberg and Taker, then do Goldberg vs Reigns at Fast Lane and put him in the HOF Mania Wkend and/or vs Strowman.

The latest Observers are saying Taker is not challenging for the title, so if it's Taker/Reigns I guess Reigns wouldn't be champion.

I bet there are three more waves of rumors about the situation before its becomes clear what is happening.

I feel like Undertaker vs Cena is such an obvious match that I have no idea why they wouldn't do it. It's one of the last really big matches they have that hasn't been done to death and with Taker getting up there and Cena being more of a part timer, time is running out on having the chance to actually book it.

If true, a win over Undertaker at Wrestlemania should do a great job getting the people to finally accept Reigns. :)

Edit: Kidding aside, if they did want to finally give in, that's the perfect time to do a real heel turn and it would probably be a big deal. One of the few times with WWE that I think "wait and see" would actually have merit.

Meltzer gave these Taker clues:

Not Cena

Not Strowman

Not a title match

Raw opponent

Based on deduction, it's Balor or Reigns. I'd bet on the latter to give Reigns a third straight part-timer at WM. That's also why I predict Goldberg vs. Reigns at WM34.

You are forgetting a NXT call up could be the person too on Raw. There are rumours that Joe is coming up in a big role for Mania, so maybe Joe vs Taker?

Not Cena

Not Strowman

Not a title match

Raw opponent

Based on deduction, it's Balor or Reigns. I'd bet on the latter to give Reigns a third straight part-timer at WM. That's also why I predict Goldberg vs. Reigns at WM34.

You are forgetting a NXT call up could be the person too on Raw. There are rumours that Joe is coming up in a big role for Mania, so maybe Joe vs Taker?

That sounds like a bad idea right there. Would I watch if BattlArts Taker shows up? Totes but if Cena isn't getting the match then Joe definitely shouldn't.

Not Cena

Not Strowman

Not a title match

Raw opponent

That sounds like a bad idea right there. Would I watch if BattlArts Taker shows up? Totes but if Cena isn't getting the match then Joe definitely shouldn't.

Not saying it's a good idea, just one that fits in with the clues.

I mentioned it in the HOF thread, but I won't be SHOCKED if he gets a match with Cena or Shane (maybe if they wanted to get cute Joe or Styles - someone with a name that would be relatively safe to work with), but I would expect something more along the lines of a guest ref or enforcer spot, particularly in the Brock/Goldber or to a lesser extent the HHH/Rollins match.

Not suggesting anything because there's zero reason to think they're calling an audible here and have obviously already started teasing it, but Hunter vs. Rollins feels like the one match they should go out of their way to scrap. Rollins is fairly cold as a babyface and it just doesn't feel like the program has any real heat behind it. Would think they could find better directions for both.

Supposedly Shane McMahon is making a big announcement on Smackdown tonight so we may see him enter the Rumble and then set up a Mania programme from there.

I hope so! But last week on Talking Smack, Renee kinda teased him about maybe entering the Rumble but he was all "no I'm good"

Not suggesting anything because there's zero reason to think they're calling an audible here and have obviously already started teasing it, but Hunter vs. Rollins feels like the one match they should go out of their way to scrap. Rollins is fairly cold as a babyface and it just doesn't feel like the program has any real heat behind it. Would think they could find better directions for both.

They Lex Luger'd Rollins when he came back from the knee injury and first night back heeled on the fans. Really bad booking when it was so obvious he'd be cheered upon his return. Then they realized the screwup and switched him face quick, but it was too little too late and he's been lukewarm ever since

Rollins and HHH doesn't feel like a hot match at all, and it doesn't help that HHH is never on TV but when he is he's a babyface authority figure with NXT and Network stuff. So Rollins is the baby in this match and HHH is the heel? I don't think it'd get that reaction from the WM crowd

Roman vs Taker is the most intriguing to me if they go that route. Roman should be able to get a decent match out of him. As Loss said a win over Taker would not help the crowd reactions to him though unless he does go heel.

A win over Taker would probably garner the exact same reaction regardless if the intention would be a heel turn or not.

And I would love for that to happen either way.