Pro Wrestling Only

Hall of Fame 2018

flyonthewall2983

This is the first year since they brought the HOF back where I've had zero intresest in watching it. Normally there's at least one, and I guess the little dude getting the Warrior Award seems like he'd be an entertaining speech to listen to, but there's nothing with that OMGMUSTWATCH appeal.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. I mean I feel like Alfred could have gotten a full induction but I'm glad he's in there anyway. I like that list a lot.

yeah, you'd think they would have had Alfred in the HOF when they were inducting people like Johnny Rodz in the mid-90s. He was in the company until 1995 and only left for the AWF in 1996. Unless the car crash happened that early, or he had some sort of grievance over the paycuts that drove him out in 1995.

Stan Stasiak seems like somebody who would have landed a posthumous induction in the late 90s if they had done any inductions between 1996 and 2003.

Huh. I mean I feel like Alfred could have gotten a full induction but I'm glad he's in there anyway. I like that list a lot.

yeah, you'd think they would have had Alfred in the HOF when they were inducting people like Johnny Rodz in the mid-90s. He was in the company until 1995 and only left for the AWF in 1996. Unless the car crash happened that early, or he had some sort of grievance over the paycuts that drove him out in 1995.

Stan Stasiak seems like somebody who would have landed a posthumous induction in the late 90s if they had done any inductions between 1996 and 2003.

I know Boris didn't rate one (at least the way Stasiak did), but I'm surprised they didn't at least show Dean Malenko at some point during that.

Also I wonder why Koloff didn't get in with this grouping now that he has passed.

My thoughts:

- The Dudley Boys was a decent opener. E&C did a decent job inducting them. I laughed when they said everyone hated Bubba. Based on what I've seen on Twitter, he's a thin-skinned bitch. Still, the Dudley Boys are obviously deserving.

- Hillbilly Jim was surprisingly well-spoken, if a bit on a long side. Much smarter than his gimmick, that's for sure. His inductor Jimmy Hart was short, sweet, and perfect.

- The Legacy Award stuff is nice and classy.

- Ivory was weird and wacky, especially with that trippy wedding stuff, but that's what I expected. Was I the only one surprised that no one's ever asked to marry her? Molly did a nice job of inducting her and is long overdue to go in herself.

- Kid Rock and the Warrior kid were surprisingly good. It probably helps that I had zero expectations for Kid Rock. Dana Warrior is still a fucking weirdo, lol.

- Jeff Jarrett's speech is the only one I wish was longer. What we got was great, but he had so much more to tell. I guess the musical number bit cut into the actual speech time.

- Mark Henry was fantastic, and Show introduced him nicely. I wasn't expecting Henry to bring out the salmon coat. I figured his son wearing the same color would be only Easter Egg we'd get there. I loved what he said about Owen.

- Paul Heyman did a lousy job inducting Goldberg. Not one honest, genuine, human moment. His shtick is awful now and I can't wait for him to go away for a very long time. I hope he does. Of course, he'll probably end up managing Rousey instead. Goldberg was fine. I kinda get why he was miserable in his 2002 run, but I kinda don't - most people would kill for the year he had. I guess he just hated the work environment at the time, which is fair enough. It was nice to see him at peace. He clearly loves his family, and they love him. Unlike so many others in wrestling, he's a normal human being who was successful and got out relatively unscathed - that's always nice to see and should be celebrated.

- Multiple Hogan and Moolah references + Henry name-dropping Owen's widow. I guess people really have no fucks left to give once they're on the HOF stage.

Man Karen Jarrett just does not age. She looks pretty much exactly the same she did in 2001 when they first showed her on camera

Good for her. Nice to hear the Jarrett speach was cool, it's the only one I care about listening eventually. Why am I not surprised to hear Ivory went on forever ?

Never cared for the Hof to begin with and since I'm gonna be on a pro-wrestling orgy all weekend long (I'm gonna be burned out by Mania I fear !), what I get from tis thread is that there's basically nothing special to see here.

Theres really no reason for these things to run so long. Its shitty for Bill for the place to be empty by the time he gets on stage. Ill bet plenty of fans had gone off to go to Spring Break too. They could do four inductions a year and relegate the celebrity and Warrior shit to a video package, but that will obviously never happen cause the mainstream appeal of Kid Rock in 2018 is obviously gigantic

Theres really no reason for these things to run so long. Its shitty for Bill for the place to be empty by the time he gets on stage. Ill bet plenty of fans had gone off to go to Spring Break too. They could do four inductions a year and relegate the celebrity and Warrior shit to a video package, but that will obviously never happen cause the mainstream appeal of Kid Rock in 2018 is obviously gigantic

FWIW, The NFLs in Canton is the same way. Complete with fans heading out after their guy finishes talking.

My thoughts:

- Paul Heyman did a lousy job inducting Goldberg. Not one honest, genuine, human moment. His shtick is awful now and I can't wait for him to go away for a very long time. I hope he does..

I was looking forward to his intro and agreed; can’t imagine how it could have gone worse.