Pro Wrestling Only

Hall of Fame 2018

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

- Paul Heyman did a lousy job inducting Goldberg. Not one honest, genuine, human moment. His shtick is awful now and I can't wait for him to go away for a very long time. I hope he does..

I was looking forward to his intro and agreed; can’t imagine how it could have gone worse.

For someone who didn't watch, what was wrong with it! Just a by-the-numbers, verbose-without-saying-anything Heyman promo?

For someone who didn't watch, what was wrong with it! Just a by-the-numbers, verbose-without-saying-anything Heyman promo?

It was just Heyman doing one of his typical rasslin' promos, which have been stale for two years already - nothing sincere or "real" at all.

Based on some Reddit pictures, the place was pretty empty at least by the time Big Show was introducing Mark Henry. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to either start the thing earlier or cut down on speech times.

But not cut the time down with the clock that they had one year where I think the funks got 90seconds or something absurd like that.

Based on some Reddit pictures, the place was pretty empty at least by the time Big Show was introducing Mark Henry. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to either start the thing earlier or cut down on speech times.

Clearly they need to revamp the entire show. I would bring the Slammys back to focus the show on the current product and have one or two HOF inductees honored per year. Move it to a theater setting so it's mostly industry professionals. Put it on Thursday night and let there be a 3rd wrestling show on WM wknd, maybe an all women's show even.

I don't think the show needs to be revamped. Take out the celebrity and Warrior stuff (as much as I enjoyed both of those speeches) and the show would be a manageable length again.

Of course, that won't happen, because "charity is the new PR" and mainstream celeb attention has always been important, even though there's no proof it has ever meant anything when connected to the HOF.

I really don't mind the Warrior stuff beyond the obvious issues with him. From all appearances it seems like they're doing something genuinely nice for people who are really admirable that have persevered through terrible hardships and really appreciate being there. Forget whatever motives may or may not be driving it, but I'm glad the people honored in this fashion have had that opportunity.

I really don't mind the Warrior stuff beyond the obvious issues with him. From all appearances it seems like they're doing something genuinely nice for people who are really admirable that have persevered through terrible hardships and really appreciate being there. Forget whatever motives may or may not be driving it, but I'm glad the people honored in this fashion have had that opportunity.

I like it too, especially this year, but the show is too damn long - something has to give.

One less regular inductee? Less Dana Warrior spouting off gibberish? I don't know what the solution is.

I like it too, especially this year, but the show is too damn long - something has to give.

One less regular inductee? Less Dana Warrior spouting off gibberish? I don't know what the solution is.

I'd axe the celebrity induction and Dana Warrior but its unlikely that would happen. I don't think there's any need for a Hillbilly Jim type. Cut 1-2 spots and the show is much more manageable.

I'd axe the celebrity induction and Dana Warrior but its unlikely that would happen. I don't think there's any need for a Hillbilly Jim type. Cut 1-2 spots and the show is much more manageable.

Poor Hillbilly... :) He's probably not an internet/smark favorite, but I'd argue that he's deserving. Remember, he did a lot for Coliseum Video after his in-ring career ended. I thought thought his speech was pretty decent, just TOO long!

Poor Hillbilly... :) He's probably not an internet/smark favorite, but I'd argue that he's deserving. Remember, he did a lot for Coliseum Video after his in-ring career ended. I thought thought his speech was pretty decent, just TOO long!

Ha he may very well be deserving. I just found his speech ridiculously boring and it made me wish they had a band to play him off.

What would call a living Legacy Inductee?

How fucking stupid "Dana Warrior" sounds anyway ? Why the fuck is she even featured ? Her dead husband was a hateful piece of shit, so she gets rewarded to do some PR charity business. That's just cringeworthy on every level.

Just think about what life is like with a name like that -- struggling to order food or make a reservation while keeping a straight face.

Just finished watching it. Yeah, it went on too long. That's why I always just watch it the day after on VLC Media Player on 2x speed.

Henry stole the show. Nearly had me bawling when he mention Owen.

Dudley's speech was great too. Didn't know D'von could be so funny.

I also didn't mind Hillbilly Jim's speech. I was never a fan, but he seemed very humble and an all-around sweet guy.

How fucking stupid "Dana Warrior" sounds anyway ? Why the fuck is she even featured ? Her dead husband was a hateful piece of shit, so she gets rewarded to do some PR charity business. That's just cringeworthy on every level.

It still makes my head spin a little that at the time they brought in Warrior to be the ambassador, they were bringing him into that role where he'd be replacing Mick Foley. Foley is far from perfect, but it's hard to see that as anything but a downgrade.

Wouldn't be the first time people reacted in a weird way to someone's inductor only to discover that the inductee themselves picked them (which almost always seems to be the case anyway). That's happened a lot over the years. With Goldberg, it's pretty well known that he didn't have many good memories of his first stints in the business and this last run in WWE did a lot to right those wrongs. He spoke about how happy he was that the Brock program worked so well and it was reported that Brock went out of his way to push for Goldberg to beat him in the way he did and so on. I'd imagine Goldberg interacted with Heyman a fair bit during that period and given that Brock's obviously not going to induct him, Heyman doing so probably makes a lot more sense than some people are saying.

I dunno he had alot of enjoyable matches in WCW when he battled Raven, Hogan, DDP.

Yeah his initial WWE run sucked because WWE wouldn't do squash matches like he had in WCW. There was a big reaction when he came in but I just felt 20 minute matches was pushing it.