Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/22 - 01/28

KawadaSmile

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After noticing that Clown guy in the front row at the Manhattan Center, I'm more open to Dylan's theory that WWE corralled all their most annoying fans there.

Was the Bayern Munich guy there as well? Because that was the most annoying regular fan in 2017. Thank god he skipped the last 2 to 3 shows. That guy, besides apparently being a fan of Bayern Munich, which in my eyes puts him somewhere between cockroach and rat, spends the whole show staring at the screen (although he is usually sitting in one of the first three rows and could watch the match by looking straight ahead) and waiting for the hard cam to show him so that he can jump up and wave into the camera.

The guy next to the Clown wearing the Jericho light up jacket apparently is on Twitter as @WWELiteBrite.

I would have forgiven HHH for all past and future burials if DX would have done their finisher sequence on those guys instead.

I liked the Cedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali match. The Hideo Itami vs Jack Gallagher match was disappointing though.

I did like the AJ Styles vs Sami Zayn match from Smackdown as well. I thought it funny that Corey Graves called a Michinoku Driver earlier in the match, and then the finish was the Blue Thunder Bomb, when they both looked like the same move to me. However I'm not really a moves expert.

I rescind my earlier hope that Rusev would win the Rumble. Tonight they treated him like a JTTS in what was basically a short squash match before the main event, so obviously they don't really have plans for him.

The Rusev thing is exactly why I don't bother anymore. They will torture us with Jinder Mahal in the main event for months but the crowd gets into something. Nope, that's a burial because they'll enjoy that. 2017 had so many great opportunities to create great stars but they didn't go for any of them because they are determined to do Reigns/Lesnar at Mania even if no one wants to see it.

Stephanie announced on twitter she will be commentating on the women's Rumble.

Called it a few days ago that she would somehow be involved. I do think there is a good chance she enters the match or maybe they shoot an angle to set something up with her (Rousey?)

She will eliminate Rousey, either by interfering or entering and winning.

What's worse is Vince and Hunter will go on and on about brass ring type stuff, but if someone actually does and it's not someone the company is already favoring they get kneecapped.

I've never understood why they don't just go with it, at least for a short while. If someone turns out to not have legs at least you maximized what you could, and if someone catches fire you've maybe made a star.

Rousey-Stephanie could be great fun if they were to book Stephanie as completely helpless but as a sniveling coward. I know, I know. I just love the idea of a "weigh-in" angle where Stephanie throws powder in Ronda's eyes, spears her to the ground, and then runs to a limo waiting outside and peels out of the parking lot. They could also do some hilarious training videos with someone trying to teach her MMA.

I don't think wwe really worries about crowd reactions anymore but setting up the first women's Rumble as a major angle for Stephanie could cause the crowd to hijack. It's Philly. But I just can't see Vince being able to resist putting her in the match because of the heat he thinks it'll get. I think they at least do a Lawler/Cole/JBL type spot with her where she's eliminated quickly. Eerrrr.. maybe

And the women's match has to be main eventing, right? They can't run both rumbles back to back. I assume men's rumble opens and women's closes

Remember she's been acting like a babyface since she announced the Rumble. Have to wait for the "shocking" heel turn Sunday.

Debuting Ronda and have her get screwed over by Stephanie would be all kind of dumb if it happens

Is this where they have her a suprise entry at the end by leaving commentary and winning the whole thing?

Guys, it's nice you think the women's rumble is that important to them, but it's not. It's hugely telling that neither Alexa or Charlotte are on the card, either defending their belts or at least in a special novelty match (I'd say with a stake but they never realize how important stakes are) against each other. They aren't even announcing. That's Steph. It's just a little bit of exploitation to go on first to start the show. Steph gets the credit/attention. This isn't some massive trailblazing thing or even a trend. It sure as heck isn't main eventing the show.

Well they can't have the champs on the card since the rest of the entire roster is in the Rumble, unless they steal the invisible opponent gimmick from Chikara or wherever it was.

It's important to them in the sense it's a vehicle to make Steph look important. Which Vince has shown is his #1 priority (maybe only second to erasing the stain of the XFL failure from his record).

Well they can't have the champs on the card since the rest of the entire roster is in the Rumble, unless they steal the invisible opponent gimmick from Chikara or wherever it was.

It's important to them in the sense it's a vehicle to make Steph look important. Which Vince has shown is his #1 priority (maybe only second to erasing the stain of the XFL failure from his record).

DDT was the invisible guy.

Guys, it's nice you think the women's rumble is that important to them, but it's not. It's hugely telling that neither Alexa or Charlotte are on the card, either defending their belts or at least in a special novelty match (I'd say with a stake but they never realize how important stakes are) against each other. They aren't even announcing. That's Steph. It's just a little bit of exploitation to go on first to start the show. Steph gets the credit/attention. This isn't some massive trailblazing thing or even a trend. It sure as heck isn't main eventing the show.

For a moment I thought they were gonna set up a Alexa/Charlotte rematch for the show with their backstage seg on Raw 25 but then nothing. Really enjoyed their Survivor Series match. I'd say if Rousey was really going to be in then it would likely main event.

That guy in the green smiley face shirt also. Why is he in the front row for every single WWE show?

That guy is the shittiest. I don't think I've ever seen him react to a single thing. I guess he just pays tens of thousands of dollars a year to look bored?