Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 34

KawadaSmile

I would love for it to be Becky she is great and could take her to something really good, but in the condition she is right now as you say would anyone care would anyone think she could win? It could happen in the future if becky is built up but the problem is right now there is nobody ready. The more I think about it Alexa seems the most likely next program

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 4 Horsewomen vs. 4 Horsewomen at Survivor Series is what's going to build towards the Charlotte WrestleMania main event.

They'll just go back and revisit the MYC confrontations. I'd be all for it if that would get Shayna to the main roster.

Watched WrestleMania last night and to say it's taken some digesting is an understatement. Firstly, I should explain that I came into it as your typical marquee show viewer, I find the amount of WWE TV out there to be total overkill so I just keep my toe in to know what's happening come the bigger shows of the year. Overall, I thought the show was decent to good but with some incredibly perplexing decisions and an almost punishing run time which towards the end started to let it down. I thought the undercard certainly outshined the uppercard and certainly had me considering the positions of a couple of wrestlers on the roster and also I felt a few of the matches could have been dropped to the pre-show and/or eliminated altogether, but I guess the want or need to showcase everyone made that impossible.

The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor - Intercontinental Title: ***1/2

Felt this was a really solid opener with three of the better talents in the company. The Miz is someone I've done a total 180 on in recent years and I'm hoping this leads to another chance to run at the very top of the company. Balor I've not been totally sold on since he left Japan but he certainly pulled his weight here and the three combined well to put on an entertaining match. Loved the finish for Rollins and it will be interesting to see where his reign goes.

Charlotte Flair vs Asuka - Smackdown Women's Title: ****

First surprise of the night here. I like many had Asuka pegged for this one and was pretty gutted when I was proved wrong, however the quality of the match overall made up for it. I'm still not entirely sure it was the right decision but I can't deny that both women really brought it in this one making the match the dark horse of the evening. Could have perhaps gone on slightly longer and I would have liked to have seen Asuka escape the hold at least once, but overall based solely on the in-ring action there wasn't much to complain about here. The one real saving grace about Asuka's defeat is that unlike many who have traded off of a streak I feel she has enough about her for it to not affect her momentum too much should they not mess up her writing over the next few months.

Randy Orton vs Bobby Roode vs Rusev vs Jinder Mahal - U.S. Heavyweight Title: **1/2

Honestly don't remember that much about this one other than I called the Mahal win when a friend said that no way was Rusev was losing after the reactions he was getting. As much as I'm not as down on Mahal as many are, this was clearly a wrong decision and the optimist in me hopes it's due to them seeing bigger things for Rusev in the long run. Hard to see why they're not pushing what is obviously a fairly complete package to the stars. Arguably, surprise number two of the night.

Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs Stephanie McMahon & Triple H: ****1/2

I don't think anyone knew what to expect from this one but for me it absolutely tore the house down and all four deserve every bit of credit that should be coming their ways for it. From Rousey's point of view it was hard to believe that we were witnessing her first ever professional match, on the whole she looked reassured and came off as a total star once she got the early match nerves in check giving the impression that the only way is up from this point. Triple H and Angle are still great hands, even if Angle is understandably nowhere near as mobile as he once was and played their parts well but I think arguably the biggest credit has to go to Steph who held her own admirably and seemed to show that she'd put in the work to be ready for the match. This could have been a complete an utter clusterf*ck but ended up an absolute show-stealer, match of the night for me.

The Usos vs The New Day vs The Bludgeon Brothers - WWE Smackdown Tag Team Titles: ***

I'm a fan of all three of these teams, but I do think there was perhaps an argument for this being dropped to the pre-show. However, despite that Harper and Rowan came out looking like monsters with Harper in particular showing why he might be one of the most underrated talents on the whole roster. Would love to see a stiff-fest between them and the Authors of Pain at some point. Solid if unspectacular filler match.

John Cena vs The Undertaker: **1/2

I'd spent weeks leading up to this hoping, neigh, praying to a deity I don't believe in that we would get a swerve here and see a debut or return from someone else instead but alas, we got a match that I don't think anyone needed to see in 2018. Don't get me wrong, I respect the Undertaker immensely, but I just don't think we need anymore matches from him, Mania or otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, last year was it and it should stay that way. As it was we got our third surprise of the evening in that Taker actually on the surface looked in better shape than he had in a few years (the suspicious bacne might have something to do with that) and also that we got something of an admittedly entertaining squash match against someone who just a few years ago was basically untouchable. An entertaining cameo if nothing else, but one that was completely unnecessary after last year.

Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn: ***1/2

All emotion this one, from the lead up to the moment Bryan came out again this was probably something that will go down as a WrestleMania moment whether his comeback stays on track or not. With three such solid hands in the ring, it was always going to be decent, with Zayn in particular impressing with his heel work. Shane looked a little off of the pace, but like Angle, that's somewhat understandable given the circumstances. Was great to see Bryan instantly back on the pace, but I must admit it will take a while for me to not cringe after each bump. Also nice to see that he seemed to have adapted slightly, tending to lead foot first rather than head first on dives etc. Interested to see where they take Owens and Zayn from here as well as the some of the dream match scenarios we now have with a fit again Bryan available. Good match that was more feel good than technical skill.

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax - RAW Women's Title: ***

Honestly hadn't seen much of these two leading up to this, but was quite happy to see a good old fashioned personal feud playing out. Match was perfectly acceptable with them working the little and large angle well, the brutal looking finish pushed it up from a two star to a three for me. Jax could be pushed as being pretty unstoppable here which leads to a few interesting match options for next year should they choose to do that. Another match that could have perhaps been dropped to pre-show duties.

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE Championship: **1/2

I would call this the biggest letdown of the night, but part of me had an inkling that it just wouldn't deliver and I was unfortunately proved right. The combination of flat, worn out crowd and the fact that match never really kicked up a gear hurt this one immensely and it was hard to believe that we were watching a match with two of what many consider to be the best wrestlers in the world. I don't think Nakamura has translated well since coming to America and has maybe lost a step or two as well since arriving, however if anyone was going to get a match out of him, you would expect it to be Styles but last night it didn't seem either clicked. Only saving grace was the aftermath which I think will benefit Nakamura immensely in the future.

The Bar vs Braun Strowman & Nicholas - WWE RAW Tag Team Titles: 1/2*

Absolutely pointless. Don't get me wrong, there's a time for light hearted moments in wrestling, but that time isn't nearly seven hours into the biggest show of the year with the guy you've been presenting as a monster for a year. Either give him a proper mystery partner or don't bother, no one needed a shaking infant on the apron.

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns - WWE Universal Title: **

Where to start with this? Now, I know Reigns has his fans on this board but I simply do not see it. Like, it's weird to me and combining him with 2018 Lesnar who has the exact same issue was always going to be a disaster. That issue is... they don't know how to/refuse to 'wrestle' anymore. The only way to describe them both are living, breathing video game characters who simply spam the same moves over and over again. I have absolutely no doubt that they both had it in their lockers to produce a decent, hard hitting brawl and simply chose not to. Sure, they did the hard hitting bit, but where was the brawl? Instead we get one guy just doing the same three moves like he's got an unlimited finishers cheat unlocked and the other running and jumping around like an idiot for no reason. Having said that, I did say to friends beforehand the only person I would want to see Reigns defeat this year would have been Lesnar and so to get the opposite was something of a kick in the teeth, especially with the manner in which it happened which benefited neither. Only thing that will stick in my mind other than how bad it was is the frankly brutal amount of blood on show which was a big departure from the rest of the card which is the only thing that stops this getting a one star too. Frankly baffling piece of booking which leaves both of their futures somewhat uncertain.

The only way to describe them both are living, breathing video game characters who simply spam the same moves over and over again. (...) Sure, they did the hard hitting bit, but where was the brawl? Instead we get one guy just doing the same three moves like he's got an unlimited finishers cheat unlocked and the other running and jumping around like an idiot for no reason.

This is actually a pretty great and accurate description of the match and how these two guys worked. I think it speaks volume on how patterned it has become. They can't act & react organically as pro-wrestlers depending on the story they are supposed to tell, they just do token spots over and over again. Picture Rey Mysterio doing the 619 twenty times during a match...

The only way to describe them both are living, breathing video game characters who simply spam the same moves over and over again. (...) Sure, they did the hard hitting bit, but where was the brawl? Instead we get one guy just doing the same three moves like he's got an unlimited finishers cheat unlocked and the other running and jumping around like an idiot for no reason.

This is actually a pretty great and accurate description of the match and how these two guys worked.

Brock would be better if the cheat code giving him infinite finishers wasn't activated.

This is actually a pretty great and accurate description of the match and how these two guys worked. I think it speaks volume on how patterned it has become. They can't act & react organically as pro-wrestlers depending on the story they are supposed to tell, they just do token spots over and over again. Picture Rey Mysterio doing the 619 twenty times during a match...

Exactly. Perfect comparison is just to look at the two main events from Takeover and Mania to see how different a hard hitting match can be. One had a natural progression and build the other was real life button mashing. A shame really.

In terms of booking Ronda, I think they should restrict her to some degree. Not as much as Brock but probably make her only work PPVs. Maybe do more mixed tags to save her from burning through opponents. You can run with Stephanie bringing in opponents for her for a few months - Shayna etc. before putting her over Jax at Summerslam. If I were them Id consider turning Becky and put her on a Pentagon-style arm breaking spree (even if it has to be against jobbers for a bit) to build to the obvious confrontation there. Sasha would be a big PPV match as well, especially if she aligns herself with Stephanie to carry the promos. I think you could do a match with Nikki Bella too actually.

In terms of booking Ronda, I think they should restrict her to some degree. Not as much as Brock but probably make her only work PPVs. Maybe do more mixed tags to save her from burning through opponents. You can run with Stephanie bringing in opponents for her for a few months - Shayna etc. before putting her over Jax at Summerslam. If I were them Id consider turning Becky and put her on a Pentagon-style arm breaking spree (even if it has to be against jobbers for a bit) to build to the obvious confrontation there. Sasha would be a big PPV match as well, especially if she aligns herself with Stephanie to carry the promos. I think you could do a match with Nikki Bella too actually.

She really needs to be working house shows. Pair her with someone like Mickie or Nattie and just do the loop.

She really needs to be working house shows. Pair her with someone like Mickie or Nattie and just do the loop.

I dont know if theyre better off having her on house shows to learn or just laying her matches out super meticulously and practising them for the PPVs

I will say this. I'm more intrigued now by WWE than I have been in a good while because I have absolutely no idea what direction they're trying to go. I haven't watched Raw in over three years, but I'll definitely be tuning in tonight. I'm looking forward to sitting back and taking things in as they happen rather than trying to read the tea leaves.

And another thread got derailed by stupid shit about "just my odd views" and "real sports logic".

Did you watch Mania ? Anthing relevant to say about it ? Can you use capitalization and punctuation as a sign of respect toward the other users ? For fuck's sake.

I watched the main matches yes i never tried to derail anything i just state my view on what i see and how i see things.

People say i troll becuase of my odd views when i do not troll and i tend not to give out high ratings with ease like alot of people

Apologies for the derailment, but couldn't let the last statement pass.

You claim "not give out high ratings with ease like a lot of people", yet have 79 matches at 5* in this thread http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/41197-my-match-list/

Then in this thread about 1996 you claim to have over 200 matches rated at 4* plus for 1996 alone http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/39780-1996-moty/

If you're going to make claims like what I've bolded, it's probably not best to make posts that flat out contradict what you claim! I'm not bothered what your response is because you've already derailed this thread enough and now I'm at it!

I think you could do a match with Nikki Bella too actually.

Gawwd, don't tease me with some dream matches that won't happen. Nikki elbowing the shit out of Rousey until she gets her arm broken in half would be such a fun match.

This card was fucking crazy. I actually dreamed about this thread.

Was I in your dream? :wub: :P

Ah ah ah. I don't remember the posters involved, but I do remember browsing the thread.

I will say this. I'm more intrigued now by WWE than I have been in a good while because I have absolutely no idea what direction they're trying to go.

Me too. Really, this week-end made me happy to be an old pro-wrestling fan (and I'm watching Takeover tonight…). Pro-wrestling wasn't more fun before. It's great and fun now.

And another thread got derailed by stupid shit about "just my odd views" and "real sports logic".

Did you watch Mania ? Anthing relevant to say about it ? Can you use capitalization and punctuation as a sign of respect toward the other users ? For fuck's sake.

I watched the main matches yes i never tried to derail anything i just state my view on what i see and how i see things.

People say i troll becuase of my odd views when i do not troll and i tend not to give out high ratings with ease like alot of people

Apologies for the derailment, but couldn't let the last statement pass.

You claim "not give out high ratings with ease like a lot of people", yet have 79 matches at 5* in this thread http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/41197-my-match-list/

Then in this thread about 1996 you claim to have over 200 matches rated at 4* plus for 1996 alone http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/39780-1996-moty/

If you're going to make claims like what I've bolded, it's probably not best to make posts that flat out contradict what you claim! I'm not bothered what your response is because you've already derailed this thread enough and now I'm at it!

if you combine all the matches iv seen taped your life around 5-8% of them are **** plus are you have miss quoted me there i said i had a lot of **** matches in the 1990's for the whole decade around 250 for 10 year time span most of them between the years of 1990-1995 and for further note those matches are over 90% of my four stars plus match if I was to od my own match tracking topic for every year going back to 1990 you would see my average match rating hang aorund 2.25/5

witch my no means us high if i was the post my full 2000's list fir example most matches would fall in the *** area and for matches since 2010 only two ***** matches ad very few other over the ***1/2 area of rating 1980's in need to examine more thus far i have only three **** plus matches 1 only being a 5 that one being the 5v5 match from new Japan one of my other **** plus matches from the 80's is the match iv posted in the match trades topic for this week

i have less **** plus matches than most people around

if you combine all the matches iv seen taped your life around 5-8% of them are **** plus are you have miss quoted me there i said i had a lot of **** matches in the 1990's for the whole decade around 250 for 10 year time span most of them between the years of 1990-1995 and for further note those matches are over 90% of my four stars plus match if I was to od my own match tracking topic for every year going back to 1990 you would see my average match rating hang aorund 2.25/5

witch my no means us high if i was the post my full 2000's list fir example most matches would fall in the *** area and for matches since 2010 only two ***** matches ad very few other over the ***1/2 area of rating 1980's in need to examine more thus far i have only three **** plus matches 1 only being a 5 that one being the 5v5 match from new Japan one of my other **** plus matches from the 80's is the match iv posted in the match trades topic for this week

i have less **** plus matches than most people around

Newsflash : no one gives a fuck. This thread is not about you. Get a grip already.