Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 34

KawadaSmile

if you combine all the matches iv seen taped your life around 5-8% of them are **** plus are you have miss quoted me there i said i had a lot of **** matches in the 1990's for the whole decade around 250 for 10 year time span most of them between the years of 1990-1995 and for further note those matches are over 90% of my four stars plus match if I was to od my own match tracking topic for every year going back to 1990 you would see my average match rating hang aorund 2.25/5

witch my no means us high if i was the post my full 2000's list fir example most matches would fall in the *** area and for matches since 2010 only two ***** matches ad very few other over the ***1/2 area of rating 1980's in need to examine more thus far i have only three **** plus matches 1 only being a 5 that one being the 5v5 match from new Japan one of my other **** plus matches from the 80's is the match iv posted in the match trades topic for this week

i have less **** plus matches than most people around

Newsflash : no one gives a fuck. This thread is not about you. Get a grip already.

i know that i was answering Milano talking about me that is all is that ok friend

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear : if I were a mod, you'd be gone already. So there.

Back to Mania discussion, please.

Did I miss anything or there were no celebrity stuff this year ?

Theres a backstage YouTube video with Miz and the impractical jokers so you missed nothing.

To be clear : if I were a mod, you'd be gone already. So there.

Back to Mania discussion, please.

Theres a backstage YouTube video with Miz and the impractical jokers so you missed nothing.

Does that count?

Not Q & Sal as celebs (way down on the alphabet chart, but still) but the bit as part of WrestleMania? I mean that isnt going to be on the DVD or anything?

I have no problems with Asuka losing. The bigger issue to me is that she submitted. A streak ending on a finish so decisive seems overdone.

Would a screwjob have been better?

I'd have gone with the Bret/Piper WM8 finish when Charlotte countered the Asuka lock personally.

I have no problems with Asuka losing. The bigger issue to me is that she submitted. A streak ending on a finish so decisive seems overdone.

No, but a pinfall would have. The time to do the countout or DQ is on TV with someone like Alexa or Carmela. My point was that they still had more fuel left in that tank before they emptied it.

No, but a pinfall would have. The time to do the countout or DQ is on TV with someone like Alexa or Carmela. My point was that they still had more fuel left in that tank before they emptied it.

I'm not as disgruntled about her tapping out, but it just felt so abrupt and rushed. I didn't feel there was any build to it or anything.

Kid Rock wasn't even there, was he?

I heard a rumor that he was told not to come because he went political in his HOF speech after being asked not to. Don't ask me where I saw that - WM was too damn long and I have a splitting headache.

The reaction shot of AJ and Angle laughing like idiots after Kid Rock's comment about beating up Democrats did no one any favors.

I think the Figure-Eight is also kind of a tough sell as an instant submission. Yes, it's got more oomph than the Figure-Four but we've been conditioned for decades that a Figure Four only ever ends a match against jobbers (or maybe it could end a fall in a 2/3 falls match but not the match itself) and that it's there to be turned over to set up whatever the real finish is.

The Rousey debut might be the best WM match I've seen since Undertaker/Michaels. Just a really fun, intense, old-school wrestling match. Everyone played their parts perfectly, and it was just personally great for me to see Kurt Angle in a WrestleMania match again. Even the fact that he's slowed down considerably played right into the psychology of the match.

Kid Rock wasn't even there, was he?

I heard a rumor that he was told not to come because he went political in his HOF speech after being asked not to. Don't ask me where I saw that - WM was too damn long and I have a splitting headache.

The reaction shot of AJ and Angle laughing like idiots after Kid Rock's comment about beating up Democrats did no one any favors.

I don't know, it worked out for this guy.

Considering he was there in spirit because that stupid song was playing on all night, I don't care that he didn't show up with the rest of the class.

Kid Rock wasn't there because he had other commitments and was never scheduled to be there to begin with.

The whole rumor about him being told not to come because of the joke he made at the HOF about "body-slamming Democrats" is just Twitter B.S. that spread last night. I don't even like Kid Rock as a musician, nor do I agree with the way he expresses his "political views" but that rumor was just goofy. It's not like WWE didn't know who they were getting when they inducted him into the HOF.

Asuka has her in the Asuka Lock. Charlotte could have easily turned that into a sudden pin and gotten her that way.

Really strong Mania on the whole that was REALLY fucking long. My viewing was definitely helped by consuming it in 2 chunks, rather than live but even then, I was ready for it to wrap up after Nak/Styles. Mixed tag was probably MOTN with Ronda looking like an absolute natural and Steph giving off the greatest performance of her career. She should seriously just pack it in now, she's never going to top that. HHH/Angle were there and I thought HHH bumped and worked hard to cover Angle's deficiencies.

Nak/Styles was a really well worked match in front of a crowd that was totally burnt out. The heel turn was a hot angle and I'm glad they're trying to inject some life into the feud since you can't sell a "Dream Match" twice. Even then, the Dream Match was cold as hell.

Main event was a total clusterfuck and I can't believe that they're still throwing money at Brock, The dude is worthless; we're going to get a rematch with Reigns in a cage and then what? Another 5 minute main event opposite Lashley? The act could justify itself when they were thin on top but look at the workers they have in top positions now. Without Brock, your Raw main event scene could be Reigns, Joe, Braun, Lashley, Miz, Rollins and Balor. That's a group of guys that the crowd is into and pop for.

Anyway, everything else was great. I'd have liked to see Asuka and Rusev go over but Charlotte is their golden girl and she's great in her own right so whatever. The Rusev result though. It's pretty ridiculous that the dude put together a great act with English, came up with a catchphrase that everyone loves, has a top selling merch item and is a bonafide mega worker and they won't do anything with him. Yet they're content to rake in the money from his shirts. I hope he does get his release and can work in places that will give him the chance to shine.

I think I've focused on the negatives too much but the opener exceeded all expectations, the Cena/Taker angle/squash was pretty much worked perfectly, the Braun/Nicholas stuff felt like a bit of a let down but I'm not sure that they could have delivered anybody that would have satisfied, especially with the match they worked. The two women's matches were strong and I liked the three pre-show matches all in all. They need to shorten these shows right down but this was probably my favourite Mania since 30.

Also, the show is long but Rusev losing pretty much killed the crowd. And then once Rousey was done, they just tapped out. That should have went last.

I would argue the Taker angle killed the crowd.

I'm looking forward to rewatching Styles/Nak eventually. Even when I was tired it seemed to be a very good modern WWE match on the wrong show. Lots of crisp offense, good sense of struggle, but absent of something to push it over the edge.