Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's worse than that honestly. They don't talk about the other demands/begging she did to the DA people among other things.

I did see on another board where someone posted your tweet about how Dixie went to DA and asked them for money to pay production people. Was that before or after the email incident?

Wow. I thought that was a photoshop when I first saw the picture of the tweet. That's way beyond anything I expected and seems to go against the "DA doesn't want wrestling because advertisers don't want to buy ads during it" aspect of the story.

Serious question. I was trying to think of a promotion that has ever been worse and was struggling. Relatively major league promotions (meaning some type of TV or at least plenty of available footage) would be the criteria for competition. I'd take WCW 2000, which was a horrible year of wrestling for the most part, over any 12-month period of TNA. This is totally non-trolling. I'm just trying to think of a wrestling company -- ever -- that was definitely worse than TNA has been for their entire existence.

Can we change the title to this thread yet?

Destination America is picking up ROH. This story is the gift that keeps on giving.

11136647_642618149172457_344868384866692

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/27/destination-america-acquires-rights-to-professional-wrestling-league-ring-of-honor/409080

Next Wednesday. I believe that's a giant Fuck You at TNA over how quickly they moved not just to kick TNA to the curb, but also go out and pick up a "rival".

It's worse than that honestly. They don't talk about the other demands/begging she did to the DA people among other things.

Was it the boss at DA she cc'd or a higher-up Discovery exec? Putting myself in her inept business shoes, I wonder if that was an effort to show-up the DA guy by whining to his (or her) superior.

No-showing a quarterly meeting is even worse than the dumb email cc play.

Not sure why people think adding ROH refutes the idea that DA was upset at the lack of ad revenue in TNA. They're just buying the rights to ROH's already syndicated show.

Pro wrestling in general has historically low ad rates. Why would they cancel one show that gets low ad revenue and replace it with a show in the same genre that is almost guaranteed to get similar rates? It's cheaper than TNA, but there's probably a ton of shows similarly priced that would net more cash in that area.

Destination America is not renewing TNA Wrestling next year. While the ratings were strong, the audience was not large enough to justify the program investment. We plan to honor the current contract and continue to air original episodes of TNA Wrestling on Friday nights through the end of the third quarter 2015. When the up-front rate card is released, the Friday night anthology title will now be called ‘American Tales,’ which will be a combination of Paranormal and Americana programming. I hope this is good news given all of the advertisers that included TNA on their DNA [Do Not Advertise] list.

I wonder how much of the advertising phobia around TNA Wrestling is due to general pro wrestling stigma and how much is due to their ill-conceived initials? Even if the latter is just a small factor, it's another advantage in Ring Of Honor's favour.

I wonder how much of the advertising phobia around TNA Wrestling is due to general pro wrestling stigma and how much is due to their ill-conceived initials? Even if the latter is just a small factor, it's another advantage in Ring Of Honor's favour.

I thought they had all but phased out the TNA moniker and we're mainly calling themselves Impact Wrestling now?