Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

I wonder how much of the advertising phobia around TNA Wrestling is due to general pro wrestling stigma and how much is due to their ill-conceived initials? Even if the latter is just a small factor, it's another advantage in Ring Of Honor's favour.

I thought they had all but phased out the TNA moniker and we're mainly calling themselves Impact Wrestling now?

They did a half-assed job of rebranding where most people still call them TNA anyway (as seen in the memo posted above) and they didn't completely eliminate those initials. It's probably not a big factor, but can't help.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to look at this TNA Mecca page, and this quote was in a main page post today:

"Firstly, I'd like to address the rumor that Destination America is planning to cancel Impact in September. I think it's important to understand that this is a rumor until someone within TNA or Discovery confirms it. As for the rumor, there has been no evidence presented by the original source that indicates to me that this is true, because let me be clear, the onus is on the source of this story to report the facts and present his evidence."

Holy shit. These people are just sitting there in a corner rocking back and forth going "Krusty is coming, Krusty is coming".

I actually couldn't tell you what Cornette ever did that could be described that way. Maybe Prince Kharis, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

And really, that was all Rick Rubin wanting a wrestling mummy. And Mitchell's promo were dirtier than anything "shocking" Russo ever tried.

Don't we all remember the myriads of "southern 1980's rasslin' cartoons"?

I actually couldn't tell you what Cornette ever did that could be described that way. Maybe Prince Kharis, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

By 2006, Cornette himself was the "Southern 1980s rasslin' cartoon" - looked totally out of place in a modern day environment. I love Corny, but that's the truth. Heck, even in 1995 WWF, he looked like a relic from another era - even though I loved having him there for the novelty of it.

I've never bothered with this promotion. I will say though considering they had a wide world of wrestling at their fingertips when they started with only one show in town they place as the absolute worst promotion in terms of business practice and execution by far. When you consider the open market(s) and resources they had they are the steaming pile of shit that the 99% say they are.

I believe it was Dirty Harry in Sudden Impact that mentions the three things that you do and/or happen to shit. That's TNA.

Who in the hell selected the title for the company? If you were competing with Vivid that's one thing but as part of the Pro Wrestling market. Jesus Harold Christ on a F'ing rubber crutch.

Watching the early PPV's, TNA had some pretty good wrestling content from the beginning. It's much much better than the last 1 1/2 year of WCW (then again, everything is), and also murders early WWECW which I happen to watch at the same time.

Yeah, the name TNA has hurt them a lot I think. Too bad at some point they didn't rebrand. I've watched TNA off and on since they were doing the weekly PPV's (first show I bought was Killings winning the world title) and there has been good, bad, and ugly. The biggest problem I think is a lack of consistency and identity. They have never chosen a direction and stuck with it for very long. It's always felt like 'let's throw everything against the wall and see what sticks', but then they are unhappy with what sticks and start over.

Ratings are in for their first night on Wednesday, as well as ROH's debut. PWInsider says 369k for Impact, 273k for ROH (includes replays).

So TNA only managed to beat a non-first run showing of a practically unadvertised, worse-looking show by 90k. Not a good look.

It's being mentioned how TNA is all about doing the full court press with social media pushing angles and whatnot, yet Mickie James was on twitter apparently fine after being seemingly killed by James Storm on Impact this week.