Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

Also , the tax that TNA must have not paid is sales tax from their website. Tennessee is not allow to charge state income tax per the state's constitution . So the state get a large part of it's income from a 9.25 % sales tax. I would imagine that Dixie has been collecting state sales tax and putting in her pocket. I live in Memphis , TN so I pay that sales tax everyday .

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want Billy Corgan to really ramp up the bitterness in this fight. He should be showing TNA's books to Anthem's biggest stockholders and demanding they ask why Anthem is giving TNA a loan.

EDIT: So I looked and Anthem is a private company. Very disappointed that this can not happen now.

I can't imagine that the TNA show is such a valuable asset to The Fight Network that should be sinking money into this. Even if there were untapped potential in streaming rights, as alluded to the release, there's no way this will end up being a good return on investment.

Maybe they're trying to get in on a bankruptcy proceeding so they'd get a cut of the sale of the streaming rights?

I can't imagine that the TNA show is such a valuable asset to The Fight Network that should be sinking money into this. Even if there were untapped potential in streaming rights, as alluded to the release, there's no way this will end up being a good return on investment.

Maybe they're trying to get in on a bankruptcy proceeding so they'd get a cut of the sale of the streaming rights?

Didn't Vince give ECW loans he knew Paul couldn't pay back just to get first dibs of the assets when it got to the eventual bankruptcy proceedings? I seem to recall something like that being written in the Observer at the time. Maybe the Fight Network sees whatever money they gave TNA as a down payment on buying up the scraps later.

Didn't Vince give ECW loans he knew Paul couldn't pay back just to get first dibs of the assets when it got to the eventual bankruptcy proceedings? I seem to recall something like that being written in the Observer at the time. Maybe the Fight Network sees whatever money they gave TNA as a down payment on buying up the scraps later.

But what value do TNA scraps have? ECW had a rabid fanbase that wanted anything they produced and Vince could make money off the name. Outside of TNAMecca there really aren't many people clamoring for anything TNA. Fight Network could wind up with a tape library that WWE may want one day but what else?

WWE doing anything with TNA's library seems strange to me. It's mostly because they never recognized them as competition unlike they did for WCW. With the exception of people like Samoa Joe, Styles and others who weren't in WWE before, it would feel as if every Hollywood studio started buying up DVD rights to all the Bollywood versions of their movies and put them out in North America, with regard to WWE trying to market that library to their audience that wouldn't have been otherwise familiar or would have cared about TNA.

So the details are coming out about the lawsuit.

So far we can gather that TNA was just about out money until Aeroluxe bailed them out. They were about to default on payments to them and have Aeroluxe foreclose when Dixie went to Billy and got him to bail them out, The deal with Billy apparently had terms where if TNA defaulted on him, Dixie's shares of the company (ie: nearly the whole thing) would go to Billy. The LLC in charge (basically Dixie and Serg) stopped giving Billy access to the financial info around June, and which time they were running in to another money crunch.

Billy's claim is that the company was insolvent and at that point the company would revert to his ownership per the terms of the loan agreement. Dixie seems to have thought she could just pretend that the agreement she signed didn't matter and got the Fight Network parent company to bail out their last PPV/TV tapings.

That's why they were trying to pay Billy off to go away, it seems Dixie conned them into financing a company she doesn't legally own if what Billy states is correct. Unlike the other folks she's carnied in the past, it seems Billy has all his ducks in a row and Dixie seems to be a dead duck legally unless their lawyers can find some sort of technicality.

After being given the run around by Russo, Hogan, Eric and basically everyone else for years, it's so odd that Dixie Carter has emerged as the queen of the carnies.

Those guys got away with it, though. Dixie seems to be in the process of failing spectacularly at her carnie attempt.

Another great moment in TNA history, they thought it would be a good move to bury Billy in paperwork to get him to give up his lawsuit. Instead, he used it to find proof that TNA lied to their employees when they denied talking to WWE about selling.