Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the TNA library is really worth that much to anyone other than WWE (and even for them I don't see them doing much with it except putting some AJ Styles matches on the Network) so if this is true, props to Corgan for not getting hung up on it. If the idea is to rebrand the company and make it into something different then the only thing worth spending money on is the talent and being able to take over the existing TV contracts.

Dixie is doing the whole passive-aggressive "the big announcement is that there's no announcement" gimmick all over social media. So either it's a false rumor, the deal fell through, or she's about to cement her legacy as the biggest idiot ever to run a wrestling company.

I would love for WWE to release the TNA footage in seasons.

Season One:

Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett riff the first year of TNA.

Season Two:

The second year of TNA should have an MXC vibe with sound effects and all. Hell even go so far as looping in the footage with Takeshi's Castle or something equally as ridiculous.

Season Three:

Pop Up video style with whacky facts and random comedians offering various musings throughout.

Season Four:

This would be the Spike TV debut and should be unedited, etc.

Every season should start off with a nicely crafted WWE style opening video set to David Pomeranz "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now". Exciting times indeed.

I think this pretty much cements TNA as at least the weirdest wrestling promotion ever, which is even more of an accomplishment than being the worst.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=105347

Can you summarize the news for those of us who don't want to go to that spyware-infested deathtrap of a site?

(I assume it's about Billy Corgan suing Dixie.)

Yeah, Billy is suing Dixie, although on what grounds is unknown currently.

It's very easy to side against Dixie, and I'm sure she's left the company in a financial mess and tried to hang on for far too long, but I'm not sure Billy is nearly the saviour he's pitching himself to be.

Well he's been more involved in the creative side and that has gotten better, and he's survived 20+ years in the music business which is just as (if not more) cutthroat than wrestling. I'm not saying he's going to take over the world, but he seems to be far better prepared to run the company than Dixie.

Perhaps I am giving everyone involved way too much credit, but this can't be all due to ego? How much is Dixie making personally from this company. Fuck the wrestlers, production guys, etc. How much is she putting in her pocket? Because with a bad reputation, a company barely in the red, etc. she must be pulling in bank. I can't think of any other reason unless its purely she wants to be on TV and say she owns something. If this isn't the majority ego and isn't mainly money--where is it all coming from? How much of the international TV deals is structured in a way to hit Carters pockets first and everyone else second? 40%? More?

This is what I think is happening: Bill Corgan has a clause in his contract that pretty much states that he can purchase the majority share (and thus ownership) from Dixie if X,Y, and Z occur. One of these factors, I believe, is the company raising enough capital by a certain time to cover tapings etc. I think Dixie is waiting until the midnight hour for certain provisions to kick in (that will not be to her benefit) before 'magically' coming up with funds which thus extends the period (another 30 days, 60 days, etc.) until Corgan has another chance to buy the company. I can see Corgan and his partners (if he has any) seeing this as a conspiracy as Dixie instead of making sure the company is in good shape is deliberating in a power play to keep the company and hope Corgan gets tired of waiting or before Dixie runs out of favors--whichever comes first. If this is in fact happening then that means that Corgan's deal is pretty much bullshit as the 'You Can Buy the Majority of the Company IF..." stuff is all bullshit as its all a con put in place to ensure the second biggest money mark stays around. Keep him on the payroll and in good graces and hanging around the wrestlers and Billy will shell out.

I am not sure why Corgan would put a restraining on her though unless he believes that she has an inside man feeding her news on his business dealings or perhaps Carter herself, due to her majority ownership, is allowed to sit in Corgan's meetings and thus begin to sabotage certain dealings that would move the company more into Corgan's ownership and direction (WWE purchasing the TNA library) and away from Dixie.

From what I could tell, Dixie's been robbing Peter to pay Paul and acting like these ownership stakes she's been selling to Aeroluxe and Billy don't matter. His lawsuit seems to be keeping her from selling the company out from under him.

There's also a second lawsuit from one of the production companies that never got paid as well. TNA has been the cockroach of the wrestling business but this might be the 1-2 punch that does them in.

I think it might be just a little more than a simple 1-2 punch, considering the Tennessee Govt have issued a lien against TNA's assets for failing to pay taxes. Well, that and the music rights issues that have forced them to cut entrance music from Impact, leaving the wrestlers to come out to what appears to be complete silence*.

* this is most likely no different than a normal TNA crowd reaction, though.

Also I read if the talent is not paid on October 15th , they all become free agents. Can anyone confirm ?

Dave mentioned part of the reason Billy is filing the lawsuit the way he did would be to freeze the talent contracts so he has a chance to be able to pay the guys if/when he gets control.