Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anthem spelled backwards is Meh,TNA

We have a winner.

Make TNA great again ? REALLY ?

Well, I may watch this shit, just for the hell of it. I mean, a reboot of the longest, most irrelevant (and very few times terrific, I'm in the middle of D'Amore's 2005 booking run and it's really good) pro-wrestling company ever, what's not to love ?

Anthem spelled backwards is Meh,TNA

We have a winner.

Make TNA great again ? REALLY ?

Well, I may watch this shit, just for the hell of it. I mean, a reboot of the longest, most irrelevant (and very few times terrific, I'm in the middle of D'Amore's 2005 booking run and it's really good) pro-wrestling company ever, what's not to love ?

I'm intrigued in a "driving past a car wreck" kind of way

Apparently, Impact is teasing that somebody at their tapings will be the talk of wrestling, which already makes me highly skeptical that they are serious about trying to rebuild this disaster. They need to stop teasing stuff like this. Unless they somehow managed to snag either John Cena, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Goldberg, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Miz, or a member of the McMahon family, they have not signed anybody that will make them the talk of wrestling, and I highly doubt they have managed to sign any of those people. Instead of trying to be the talk of wrestling, how about just creating a series of really good wrestling shows and get people buzzing about Impact again? Then when people are actually talking about Impact like it's not the worst wrestling promotion that has ever existed, then maybe try bringing in a few big names, or even medium sized names, to keep the buzz going and reach a bigger audience? Instead, they're just setting people who aren't burned out by TNA surprises (there has to be some people left out there, right) up to be disappointed when it turns out to be Jim Ross or Jack Swagger or even one of the Hardys, that ultimately would not matter very much.

Apparently, Impact is teasing that somebody at their tapings will be the talk of wrestling, which already makes me highly skeptical that they are serious about trying to rebuild this disaster. They need to stop teasing stuff like this. Unless they somehow managed to snag either John Cena, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Goldberg, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Miz, or a member of the McMahon family, they have not signed anybody that will make them the talk of wrestling, and I highly doubt they have managed to sign any of those people. Instead of trying to be the talk of wrestling, how about just creating a series of really good wrestling shows and get people buzzing about Impact again? Then when people are actually talking about Impact like it's not the worst wrestling promotion that has ever existed, then maybe try bringing in a few big names, or even medium sized names, to keep the buzz going and reach a bigger audience? Instead, they're just setting people who aren't burned out by TNA surprises (there has to be some people left out there, right) up to be disappointed when it turns out to be Jim Ross or Jack Swagger or even one of the Hardys, that ultimately would not matter very much.

Too bad there's not a black sheep McMahon family member. Shane was probably the closest thing to that but he's back in the fold now.

Based on Chris Masters' latest tweet it seems like he's coming in which means I'm fully on board with watching the 'new' Impact Wrestling and am prepared to call Jeff Jarrett smarter than every other wrestling promoter who wasn't smart enough to book Masters somewhere he could actually be seen.

TNA will hype ANYONE from WWE as company/industry changing. They were hyping Damien fucking Sandow as the next coming and 6 months later they had him as a 2017 Gorgeous George and he's probably not even with the company anymore. Same with Cody Rhodes. TNA's hype has been justified all of 2 times in 15 years: Sting and Kurt Angle.

I have not watched TNA since about 2006 . I will try to catch the first few shows of the second Jarrett , Mantell and D 'Amore era. Dutch and D'Amore is a have good track records. If they get back to actually focusing of in ring product and find their own identity , the reboot may have shot. It will be a challenge since the new guys will have to give Jarrett's old lady something to do , which immediately drags the product down.

If the spoilers are any indication it appears its the same old TNA.

- Spend a ton of money on a 'big name' and immediately put him above your entire roster. Check.

- Talk about WWE/Make references that people/fans who are involved (in any capacity) with TNA only do so because WWE was unavailable as a choice. Check.

- Have non-essential/non-money drawing personnel eat up TV time. Check.

- SHOOT~! on prior talent and name drop while talking about a 'new era'. Check.

TNA's show tonight was awful. Josh's commentary during the women's match was one of the worst commentated matches I've ever seen and I legit had to hold myself from putting my fist through the monitor to nail him. Awful.

Dutch Mantell then cut a promo showing all of the old TNA guys who are now in WWE and talked about how great Impact used to be because you know, it sucks now. Tons of shoot words and WWE nostalgia all through the show too.

Could we basically sum this up as another TNA-level flub?

For years fans have longed for a product without Dixie. Now that we have that, and a wrestling product that was catching on as watchable entertainment for a POSITIVE reason, TNA's pulled the plug and alienated itself by going back to everything people loathed in the first place.

Reby just flew the fuck OFF THE HANDLE at TNA.

Too much to cut and paste here, but this link has all her tweets:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna/2017/3/10/14889566/reby-hardy-twitter-rant-tna-suing-hardys

On the one hand, TNA sucks and deserves every single criticism it's ever gotten. IMO, they're actively harming the wrestling business at this point. Imagine another, better company getting all of these opportunities, TV timeslots, second chances, etc. On the other hand, this is exactly why Reby has never been in a major wrestling company (no, I don't consider TNA or ROH major companies) and probably never will be.

Latest Impact is a HILARIOUS train wreck. So much so that I actually watched and reviewed it, which I haven't done for an episode of Impact I think since Sting's last TNA match.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/strobogos-wrasslin-potpourri-reviews/2017/3/9/impact-wrestling-3917

Intro of only spotlighting former talent, and only actually calling out Piper/Hogan/Dusty/Flair/Sting/Nash by name, followed by brawling tag team partners, right into a worked shoot with announcers (all of whom are former WCW/WWE talent) shitting on the last few years of show and previous management. Of all the segments on a 2 hour show, all of 2 didn't include someone that wasn't formerly WWE talent, be it main roster or NXT. There were CONSTANT references to WWE, Josh Matthews calling out the crowd as being papered, Dutch Mantell starting his promo saying he couldn't be Zeb anymore and ending it with WE THE PEOPLE after naming off all the former great TNA talent they've lost over the years, and Brother Love plugging his podcast while saying that TNA was NEVER great even at it's absolute best, which was many years ago.

Then the main event features an ex-WWE talent against an ex-WWE talent for the title, reffed by an ex-WWE talent, called by two ex-WWE talent and an ex-WCW talent, while another ex-WWE talent watches, and 2 ref bumps and a dirty finish by a face. Because NEW ERA, and all. I have to give it to them, it was an entertaining mess, at least. It reminded me so much of the WCW reboot that I have a hard time believing Vince Russo wasn't involved in some way.

1489210148888.gif1489211529143.gif

1489210360010.gif1489211075312.gif

I only watched the Dutch Mantell stuff. Between this and the atrocious vignette he did on WWE TV where he stopped in the middle of it to say "Hey, my name is Dutch Mantell and I'm playing a role", he's been part of two of the most idiotic segment of these past 15 years. This bit was typical Vince Russo style absolute retardation. It's amazing that anyone would think any of this shit was a good idea. Damn, did Bruce Pritchard also bashed Dave Meltzer (since apparently that's his new podcast gimmick) ? This new reboot reeks of Russoism indeed.

Impact lowballing the Hardys and then threatening them with legal action if they used the Broken Hardys gimmick for ROH (which caused Dish Network to pull the PPV last night as apparently Impact threatened to sue them as well) is among the shittiest things this company has done since it first came into existence, and think of the ground that covers. All to prevent the Hardys from taking a gimmick that TNA could never make money off of, which other, smaller companies were able to do, to a bigger company and looking foolish when ROH or WWE made more money with the Broken Hardys than TNA ever did. As Rebecca Hardy posted on Twitter, fuck that owl.