goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, pmo said:

Nah Punk will take cash and go back to being retired.  Probably will get the cash too as Tony is probably scared of Punks side of the story coming out.

Fair enough, but I question that for a couple of reasons.

One, Punk has stated he has "the wrestling bug" again. It's not about money for Punk at this point. Punk has his own motivations and sticking it to TK and the Elite seems like a classic Punk "fuck you, it's personal" move. 

Two, with Wyatt's passing and Edge leaving, the forbidden door would seem wider than ever for Punk to come back. Cody is the blueprint for that type of push. Road Dogg has talked about the possibility. Don't forget that Endeavor steps in next month. Triple H is going to be demoted, and honestly I don't think it'd be an issue between them now anyway.

Three, Edge fits exactly the role of what Punk is supposed to be for AEW. Punk has too many enemies inside AEW.

31 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hope CM Punk learned his lesson and puts over the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns without complaint.

I don't believe it was about putting over Reigns but how the agents were dealing with Punk. Roman has grown up a lot and Heyman is there to iron it out. The match ups are better for Punk in WWE.

vs. Reigns
vs. Rollins
vs. Cody
vs. Owens
vs. Zayn
vs. GUNTHER
vs. Lashley 
vs. Balor
vs. Styles

All new programs, Punk has run through everything in AEW.

If people are referring to THAT podcast, Punk was actually complaining about beating Roman Reigns. The story was Punk was told he was going to defeat the Shield by himself in a 1 vs. 3 handicap match but he needed to make Roman look strong. Punk said if it's so important Roman looks strong why not just have him beat me but he was told no, we want you to beat 3 guys by yourself, but make Roman look really strong!

26 minutes ago, Kadaveri said:

If people are referring to THAT podcast, Punk was actually complaining about beating Roman Reigns. The story was Punk was told he was going to defeat the Shield by himself in a 1 vs. 3 handicap match but he needed to make Roman look strong. Punk said if it's so important Roman looks strong why not just have him beat me but he was told no, we want you to beat 3 guys by yourself, but make Roman look really strong!

That seems to be the gist of what transpired.

WWE: Make Roman look good.

Punk: Okay, no problem.

WWE: Seriously...make. him. look. good.

Punk: I got it the first time, make him look good. I know what I'm doing, I work here.

WWE: Cool, just making sure you make him look good. Oh, and you're going over Reigns.

Punk: :wacko:

3 hours ago, MLB said:

Fair enough, but I question that for a couple of reasons.

One, Punk has stated he has "the wrestling bug" again. It's not about money for Punk at this point. Punk has his own motivations and sticking it to TK and the Elite seems like a classic Punk "fuck you, it's personal" move. 

Two, with Wyatt's passing and Edge leaving, the forbidden door would seem wider than ever for Punk to come back. Cody is the blueprint for that type of push. Road Dogg has talked about the possibility. Don't forget that Endeavor steps in next month. Triple H is going to be demoted, and honestly I don't think it'd be an issue between them now anyway.

Three, Edge fits exactly the role of what Punk is supposed to be for AEW. Punk has too many enemies inside AEW.

Other than not appearing on the Board of Directors for the merged company, nothing's really gonna change for Triple H, so I don't know why we would call this a demotion. If anything, it's just less stress for him and he can deal with creative full-time.

As for Punk going to WWE, I'm highly skeptical it's ever gonna happen again. But I've been proven wrong in the past so who knows.

2 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Other than not appearing on the Board of Directors for the merged company, nothing's really gonna change for Triple H, so I don't know why we would call this a demotion. If anything, it's just less stress for him and he can deal with creative full-time.

As for Punk going to WWE, I'm highly skeptical it's ever gonna happen again. But I've been proven wrong in the past so who knows.

Yes, I did infer a demotion based on that information and it's all conjecture on my part. Punk is pure speculation.

However, it bears repeating that Big Steph did not want to sell the company. That was Vince's decision. I think the writing is on the wall for Hunter, but I'm only making discussion on a wrestling board.  

9 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

If nothing else, suspending Punk right before a PPV in Chicago is certainly a gutsy move. TK must want to make it clear that no one is above the law. That, or Punk pushed him to his breaking point. 

I don't know, I think it's the opposite of a gutsy move. We're once again looking at TK suspending the people involved "indefinitely pending investigation" so that he can avoid having to confront the issue and not speak about it for weeks, and in the end hide behind an anonymous panel. It's once again a lack of leadership from someone who has sadly shown a lack of leadership a lot. 

Like, what is there to investigate here? This is not like Brawl Out, where the fight happened in a private locker room. This happened at Gorilla in front of TK. What is taking so long? 

Where are all the veteran locker room leaders that didn't seem to have any issue shitting on Punk last time? Has Jericho said anything? Are we supposed to pretend he wouldn't have done exactly the same and picked up a fight if some snot-nosed rookie had taken a shot at him on live TV? 

One thing that needs to be cleared up is how the glass spot got a go-ahead. I think it's very unlikely that this spot was something Perry did all himself. Considering all the drama about the glass thing beforehand I find it hard to believe that the limousine was there for any purpose but for that glass spot. And if that's the case that's more than just a thing between two wrestlers and an agent. I would not be surprised if TK himself gave the go-ahead for that thing.

BTW, I made the mistake to listen to Cornette's opinion on the whole thing and of course it's something along the lines of "people get guzzled (sp?) in wrestling all the time, just fire the jobber, the veteran knows what he is doing". To show how deep in the old-school wrestling bubble he is stuck at, Corny was surprised that Brian Last never had to "guzzle" someone in his regular daily life.

Assuming this isn't a work- it still feels like one to me, bait and switch- then why are people being suspended? Punk disagrees with a spot, Perry calls him out on it publicly, they fight it out, move on 

The "real" glass spot is idiotic in my eyes & you're justified to complain about it if you're in a senior position, Perry goes into business for himself on adrenaline and gets slapped up for the purpose 

It's reached a logical conclusion, why do you need to suspend. I was an mma event scrum years back now where there were two scuffles the day before the card- one talked about, one not- but no damage done really, shook out the differences morning of the card, crack on. Why cut off your nose to spite your face

25 minutes ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Assuming this isn't a work- it still feels like one to me, bait and switch- then why are people being suspended? Punk disagrees with a spot, Perry calls him out on it publicly, they fight it out, move on 

I don't think it's a work, if for nothing else than for the fact that in none of the many versions with conflicting info of the event did Perry get anything but his ass kicked. If it was a work, surely he would have looked at least a remotely credible threat to Punk. As it is, Punk casually beat up Perry and then went out and pinned Samoa Joe in front of 81,000 people. Not a very exciting premise for a feud 

5 hours ago, MoS said:

I don't know, I think it's the opposite of a gutsy move. We're once again looking at TK suspending the people involved "indefinitely pending investigation" so that he can avoid having to confront the issue and not speak about it for weeks, and in the end hide behind an anonymous panel. It's once again a lack of leadership from someone who has sadly shown a lack of leadership a lot. 

It's gutsy because of the risk of Chicago fans hijacking the show. You have to think there's no way TK would run that risk unless he felt his hand was absolutely forced.

Where are all the veteran locker room leaders that didn't seem to have any issue shitting on Punk last time? Has Jericho said anything? Are we supposed to pretend he wouldn't have done exactly the same and picked up a fight if some snot-nosed rookie had taken a shot at him on live TV? 

You know, the mentality that an eight-year veteran is a snot-nosed rookie might be part of the problem here.

4 hours ago, MoS said:

I don't think it's a work, if for nothing else than for the fact that in none of the many versions with conflicting info of the event did Perry get anything but his ass kicked. If it was a work, surely he would have looked at least a remotely credible threat to Punk. As it is, Punk casually beat up Perry and then went out and pinned Samoa Joe in front of 81,000 people. Not a very exciting premise for a feud 

I'm not sure i agree with this really. The way things are reported on the internet can't be helped really, but in terms of the "real glass" scenario and Perry mouthing off on camera at the biggest show they've got, while working with "real glass". That does enhance Perry even he "loses" the supposed backstage fight/confrontation

Punk thrives on these false flag scenarios, it is a core part of his character really. Pipe bomb, press conference etc

A good time to work the internet is when you have two PPVs in a week. 

Don't buy it