• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, hammerva said:

So nothing really happened tonight to set up the WM Takeover

If you are going to bitch about the Ricochet match then you should be pissed about Black selective Seth Rollins like leg selling.  

It doesn't bug me nearly as badly as Rollins cause Blacks are short bursts for kicks were as Rollins is fucking running while carrying people with a destroyed leg like an idiot.

Main still didn't do much for me, and this Gargano/Ciampa angle needs to fucking eeennnd.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Riddle/Ohno III was good, too.

It was fine, but let's not pretend an Ohno match is ever worthy of being on a TakeOver. The guy is a pure JTTS with the worst gear in the industry (awesome color combinations that really pop, but everything else is blech). You can argue that he deserves to be more than a JTTS, but he isn't, so it's impossible for me to get invested in any of his matches since the outcome is never in doubt. I tried to fool myself into thinking Ohno was going to win (see my earlier post), but of course he didn't. He never does. He never will. He's the wrestling equivalent of a tomato can. Good showcase for Riddle though. Still can't wrap my head around a surfer bro who wrestles like an MMA fighter, but that's exactly who he is IRL and it's oddly appealing to me.

I thought this show was good, not great. The crowd seemed a bit dead at times, too. 

To me, one of the most glaring issues with some of these Takeover shows is the lack of variety. Starting with the tag match and then having 4 consecutive singles matches is just not how I would lay out the show. I think the WWE logic is that the Women's Match is "variety," but I no longer feel that it actually is when the Women's Matches on these Takeover shows are every bit as hard-hitting, suspenseful, etc. as anything the men do. And the same is true on the main roster. 

I also think this show would've benefited with some sort of in-ring segment with Velveteen Dream. A tease for the Rumble? Maybe a face-to-face with some new NXT guy? I think it was maybe 2 years ago when Seth Rollins showed up on an NXT Takeover show to go after Triple H and while I dislike Rollins tremendously, I did think it was a good angle to break up the show. This show could've used a similar moment.