Money In The Bank 2019

WingedEagle

Per dot com, tonight's accurate and complete lineup includes:

Universal Championship Match 
Seth Rollins (c) vs. AJ Styles

SmackDown Women’s Championship Match 
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair

Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match 
Intercontinental Champion Finn Bálor vs. Sami Zayn vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton vs. Ricochet vs. Baron Corbin vs. Ali vs. Andrade

Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match 
Bayley vs. Naomi vs. Carmella vs. Natalya vs. Ember Moon vs. Mandy Rose vs. Dana Brooke vs. Nikki Cross

WWE Championship Match 
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Raw Women’s Championship Match 
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans

Steel Cage Match 
The Miz vs. Shane McMahon

Roman Reigns vs. Elias

United States Championship Match 
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match 
Tony Nese (c) vs. Ariya Daivari

Kickoff Match 
SmackDown Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. The Usos

On paper and before booking gets in the way there is no reason not to expect good things from Becky/Charlotte, while AJ/Rollins, Kofi/KO, Men's MITB and Usos vs. Bryan/Rowan all look promising on paper.  The rest of the show doesn't really do much for me.

But let's get to what's really important: how's everyone handling the show vis a vis Thrones tonight?  I plan on watching until Thrones starts, then perhaps popping back in here or catching up throughout the week.  We'll see how tired I am.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I might have it on before Thrones, but then it is absolutely getting shut off, and I doubt I'll go back to it after, since breaking down Thrones will be much more interesting. There's a lot on this show with potential, but nothing that feels must-see - very easy to wait and see what gets good reviews.

Whoever gets the briefcase will probably be on both shows for a while since they love to tease constant cash-ins and then not do them. Sami Zayn makes the most sense as the winner since there are two babyface champions, but I could also see them going with any of the heels in the match.

I don't watch GoT, so I'll be here from the beginning.

The pre-show match is seriously odd, not only because it's Raw vs. SD for no reason, but also because it definitely belongs on the main show. 

I am rooting for a Dana Brooke victory. I don't care if she's not the "best worker" or whatever the "movez" crowd thinks. She's someone new and fresh to push, which can't be said about Bayley, who is still IMO running on her goodwill from NXT for the most part (even though the move to SDL and "split" with Sasha has given her somewhat of a boost).

Dana won't win though, so it doesn't matter.

I'd also settle for a Nikki Cross victory, but that won't happen either.

5 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Whoever gets the briefcase will probably be on both shows for a while since they love to tease constant cash-ins and then not do them. Sami Zayn makes the most sense as the winner since there are two babyface champions, but I could also see them going with any of the heels in the match.

Yeah, Sami has to have the briefcase since it seems like the natural progression of his character and the promos he's been cutting. As for the women, I can see Becky beating Lacey in the opening match but succumbing to Charlotte later on in the evening. You would hope that Lacey Evans would cost Becky the title in order to keep her strong but I'll bet pounds to pennies that Charlotte gets a visual pinfall. Other than those two matches, the card seems as haphazard and slapdash as usual.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I haven't seen so much as a millisecond of Game of Thrones and I still probably won't watch this live. The Network makes it too easy to cherry-pick after the fact, which is a necessity with these interminable 4-hour PPVs.

There's so much fat on the shows now. I go through and watch just the matches and fast forward through the rest. I can usually get through a 4 hour PPV in less than 2 hours. 

My prediction for Game of Thrones is that the show fades to black, and then fades back in on Tony Soprano and his family sitting in the restaurant and Tony says "Sorry, I was just had a daydream about swords and dragons for a minute there."

At least for one night we might actually hear people complain online about something tonight that isn't a WWE PPV..  Until Corbin wins the men's MITB then shit will completely hit the fan

So no IIconics match tonight.   I think that Becky should win both matches tonight for at least one PPV but I don't see that happening.  

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Usos back in their rightful position of having the best first match of the show from the looks of it.  

Middling match so far though. Hope it picks up...

These two teams are certainly capable of producing magic.

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Middling match so far though. Hope it picks up...

These two teams are certainly capable of producing magic.

Turned into a decent little sprint at the end, but that's about it. This match certainly won't be on any of their career highlight reels.

The wrong team won, and non-title matches are pointless.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Wait this was a non title match?  

Unless I missed something, the commentators only referred to The Usos defeating the Smackdown Tag Team Champions (not becoming the champions) and I don't think Usos walked out with the belts Championships at the end.