Pro Wrestling Only

Way Of The Blade: 100 of the Greatest Bloody Matches in Wrestling History

Phil Schneider

My first book is out on Amazon! I cover 100 of my favorite bloody matches. From Wrestlemania to a Junkyard in Mexico. The art is incredible, and I am really proud of the work that got put into it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/173494594X?&linkCode=shr&tag=hybridshoot-20&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_shr&creativeASIN=173494594X&camp=213733&creative=393177&linkId=1333786b5c004c6428b89748a01a79ae

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks amazing.

One question: The art in the Kindle version is B&W. Is it also B&W for the paper version, or is it in color there? Just to be clear, I love B&W art - I'm just wondering if it's the same in both. 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

Black in White in both. Color printing especially in the amount we would need for all of the art was prohibitively expensive.

Thanks. Since there's no difference, I went ahead and got it on Kindle. I have no idea who the hell Michel Chaisne or Adolf Kaiser are, but that chapter from the sample hooked me anyway. I really like your writing style, and the art is awesome. 

Looking ahead, I was surprised to see Lightning Kid vs. Jerry Lynn on the list. I didn't remember that having blood.

Such a cool idea for a book. I hope you do very well with it.

Also one of the main goals in the book was to introduce people to cool shit they haven't heard of or seen. You may have never heard of Adolf Kaiser or Michael Chaisne, but hopefully now you know about them and maybe folks can discover new favorites. Here is that match BTW, it is incredible stuff.

The background part to Murdoch/Kox is cool as fuck. I had never really read into their rivalry before but now I want to see every single bullrope, blindfold and Texas death match they ever had in the 70s. Maybe some day a couple will show up...

I'm going back through the book and making a list. The lucha stuff in particular has been a blind spot in my wrestling viewing, I think the only Lucha matches I had seen are Chicana/MS-1 and Atlantis/Villano. And current century indy stuff, though I'll admit when it comes to stabbing I nope the fuck right out of there.

This book is a great read and page-turner for me. I love that it is in chronological order

I assume using illustrations was partially to get around photo rights but it makes this a comic-like experience as well and that is one of my other great loves so wins all around

I prefer the black and white, makes me feel like I'm reading From Hell rather than Spawn which is a good thing

I am making a playlist of all the matches but have not been able to find one online for Fabulous Ones vs Moondogs 6/13/1983 other than a clip under two minutes