Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

C.S.

1 hour ago, Embrodak said:

Megha Parek was apparently there as well, just a full on basketball team of management coming to chew the guy out.

It's wild how the TALENT RELATIONS team not only let a bunch of other episodes happen on their watch (the whole MJF fiasco, multiple wrestlers saying they basically had no contact with their higher ups and being ghosted), they did NOTHING to ammend the situation and are actually joining a mob to single out another talent.

It's a contest of who can come out of this looking the worst.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Megha Parek was apparently there as well, just a full on basketball team of management coming to chew the guy out.

Actually, if Parek was there, it may be a case that she was already on her way to see Punk because of what happened at the scrum, she saw the mob heading that way and tried to control the situation , or she showed up when it became apparent a fracas was going down. Whatever the reason, if legal was on site and witnessed to some degree what went down, the fact that we're still not sure what will end up happening with Punk and that Steele is not fired makes me think that what was seen by Parek may actually bode more ill for the Elite squad than Punk's side (although everyone involved should and will face consequences for their part) when compared to how initial 'leaks' painted the picture of what happened.

6 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Also, Punk is an asshole, but he’s actually there. I don’t know why people assume he couldn’t have info suggesting the Bucks were the *cause* of the leaks, even if they weren’t the ones directly talking to Meltz and Sapp.

Maybe the fact that Hangman brought it up on national TV gave Punk the idea that side could be spreading it. 

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

Good Lord, the way this ball is rolling down hill, I feel like we are heading toward "Bischoff telling anyone at the talent meeting that wanted a release they could have it" territory here.

I uttered the phrase “WCW speed run” earlier.

Time will tell how the suspension lengths and forthcoming investigation plays out — like @sek69 said earlier, I can’t believe the chief legal officer was on hand for all of this nonsense — but I’ll say that I was pleasantly surprised by TK’s approach to the suspensions, including a very thorough scrubbing of all participants from the Dynamite opening video. There still needs to be a reckoning for talent relations writ large, but sending a definitive statement with minimal bullshit and then immediately getting back to business was a great play.

9 hours ago, PeteF3 said:

Ringside News is less than worthless as a news source. Like, it wouldn't shock me if it was true, but I'm going to need a better source than that and so far none has been forthcoming.

Edit:

For what it's worth, it has been mentioned that she wasn't happy that Toni basically called BS on her injury in the presser.