• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waking up.

Looking up the results.

First thing red : Shane McMahon tore his quad.

Then : Cody lost. 

Fucking LOL.

I wish you all the best in your futur Endeavor (I know, I know, it was done a hundred time already)

And by the way : meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Later'

Night 2 ended up being much weaker than Night 1 even though I anticipated the inverse. Still, not bad mainly thanks to IC title match.

Lesnar vs. Omos - Omos works the back, Lesnar sells well, can't get the F5 the first time but the second attempt seals it. Predictable but simple opener. **1/4

Women's Fatal Four Tag - Probably the weakest match of the two nights though Raquel and Green did well. Ronda was barely involved until the win which was weird. *3/4

Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. McIntyre - Probably the strongest match of the two nights. This type of match has a ceiling and these guys, at the very least, reached it. Throw in Regal/Finlay-type stiffness interspresed with big time offense and some cool storytelling elements (the schism between Sheamus/Drew and Gunther exploiting it) and you have an impressive achievement. ***3/4

Asuka vs. Belair - Decent but disappointing. There were some good sequences but they didn't seem to click together and the match was disjointed. Plus, there were more screen issues at SoFi, particularly during key transitions. **3/4

Miz/Shane McMahon/Snoop Dogg - I have to say that Snoop Dogg cover-up was pretty speedy and clever. The Miz looked absolutely panicked at the injury but was selfless enough to lie down for another squash (this time against a complete non-wrestler).

Edge vs. Balor - I like Edge (and even Balor to some degree) but this was what I feared it would be. Plodding and fragmented, salvaged only by some decent spots. At least it was only 20 min long and not 30. **1/2

Reigns vs. Cody - Really surprising ending, especially considering how they seemed to intentionally include so many things that suggested it was Cody's night and the end for Reigns (emphasis on his family at ringside, powering out of the guillotine, the bionic elbow tribute sequence, Owens/Sami dumping the Usos and getting in revenge spots on Roman etc. etc.) By the way, the crowd (particularly the kids) was all in on Cody and the ending was super deflating for them. I guess that unusual focus on Solo was for a reason. The match was ok and the kick-out fest was what was expected, though Cody oversold the ribs because that plot point came from nowhere and went nowhere (unless he was actually hurt of course). **1/2

I'm sure there are reasons behind the main finish (be it to hit a certain number of days in his reign, long term plans, the buyout, saving the monumental title change for WM 40, or the run of international and stadium shows over the next few months), but man I don't know if there is ever going to be a time where everything was so perfect, so hot, the stories all converged for such a moment. 

This show was classic pro wrestling, from beginning to end. The commitment to WM standards by this roster is to be applauded. It’s far more easier to be cynical about wrestling as an adult even if still swayed by the product, so it makes the reward this show has been at times before all the more sweet to take in.

Cole and Graves were mostly phenomenal over both nights, putting over the talent and the storylines succinctly enough that it didn’t distract from the in-ring action.

Didn't get to watch night 1 live but night 2 was fun. That Snoop Dogg save had me thinking that was the plan all along it was so good. Miz did great too, and part of it probably is most people would jump at the chance to punch him in the face and drop and elbow on him. lol 

The main event was so good I can't crap on the finish. I think that Cody wants to do an actual War Games on the main roster, Cody/Sami/Owens/maybe Dustin Rhodes if his contract with AEW is up vs Reigns/Usos/Solo. Maybe bring back the Great American Bash and do it there. Then give Cody the win at Summerslam, or throw in a Dusty finish and keep it going until next year's Wrestlemania. 

I'll wait until I can go back and catch up on what I missed but this felt like the best Wrestlemania in years, maybe the best since XXX for me. 

I had a post ready to go about how the main event was a typical boring Roman title match, but the heat was off the charts and the ending was an incredible moment. Then we got the actual ending. HHH has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a fraud as a booker. He was handed two separate opportunities to create a potential superstar babyface on a silver platter and pissed them both away. However Roman's title reign ends, it won't be nearly as big as if Sami or Cody had toppled him.

2 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

HHH has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a fraud as a booker. He was handed two separate opportunities to create a potential superstar babyface on a silver platter and pissed them both away. However Roman's title reign ends, it won't be nearly as big as if Sami or Cody had toppled him.

That’s assuming it was Triple H’s call.

8 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I had a post ready to go about how the main event was a typical boring Roman title match, but the heat was off the charts and the ending was an incredible moment. Then we got the actual ending. HHH has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a fraud as a booker. He was handed two separate opportunities to create a potential superstar babyface on a silver platter and pissed them both away. However Roman's title reign ends, it won't be nearly as big as if Sami or Cody had toppled him.

What if it’s Jey and they bring that full circle? That’s the only one that I can think of that they might be able to heat up to get to that level. He’s not there now but I believe he has that type of potential.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

That’s assuming it was Triple H’s call.

Why wouldn't it be? He loved to stretch storylines out well past their peaks and generally booked babyfaces like dogshit when he was in charge of NXT. He's also a well-known holder of grudges, and he surely hasn't forgotten about this:

CodyThroneHammer.gif

Prior to today, I would have thought it might have been Triple H’s call. But it has been confirmed that Vince was at the event last night, on a headset no less. Plus, he admitted in the interview this morning that he will still be involved in creative on a so-called “higher level” (whatever that means.) So I think it’s a pretty safe bet that the ultimate decision of who was winning in the Main Event last night was Vince. 

23 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Prior to today, I would have thought it might have been Triple H’s call. But it has been confirmed that Vince was at the event last night, on a headset no less. Plus, he admitted in the interview this morning that he will still be involved in creative on a so-called “higher level” (whatever that means.) So I think it’s a pretty safe bet that the ultimate decision of who was winning in the Main Event last night was Vince. 

"Roman must pose," I guess.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

In clearer terms, looks like he'll let Triple H do whatever he wants, except for stuff like for Roman & Brock.