Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no reason why they wouldn't purposefully misdirect talent, as well, noting that dirtsheets have inside sources or such news would be bound to slip out. That is, if they wanted to build the narrative that Bryan was kept back and help push the backlash/fanfare behind him.

I think what happened with Bryan is they did always intend to get him back into the title scene, but after Mania. Batista vs. Orton was the Mania title match. Victator's right that Bryan was way too central to the show to relegate him to the midcard long-term; but if him winning it at Mania was always the plan that would mean they sabotaged the Royal Rumble PPV and potentially the whole Wrestlemania build for the sake of a long-term angle. Seems like far too big a risk to take considering how important that Mania was (debut of the Network).

I've always believed that Bryan was going to be put in the title match with Batista vs Orton at Mania no matter what. Like, that was a "change of plans" that was bound to happen given what was going on at that time.

Now, the whole show focusing on D-Bry's chase and feud with The Authority once Punk left was obviously booked on the fly as Punk's departure wasn't on anyone's plans. HHH showing so much ass for D-Bry and putting him over so strong came out of nowhere and it's hard to believe that didn't happen because of Punk's refusal to have a match with him :lol:

yeah you can say Bryan might have been in the title picture *post* mania but him winning the title at mania was def. not the plan. I'm not even sure he gets it post mania because the plan was to build to Brock v Batista at Summerslam that year. Brock was getting the title at Summerslam that year no matter who was champion (Cena, Bryan, Batista) to build to Roman the next year

There's no reason why they wouldn't purposefully misdirect talent, as well, noting that dirtsheets have inside sources or such news would be bound to slip out. That is, if they wanted to build the narrative that Bryan was kept back and help push the backlash/fanfare behind him.

I can't think of a single time WWE has ever worked online news sources to make a storyline work.

Alvarez has now offered a VOD service for his morning zoo shows.

Has Dave ever commented on what Alvarez does on the rest of the audio shows?

Not really, he pretty much lets Bryan do his own thing. As long as it doesn't interfere in his shows he doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

FWIW, I think it's a smart move. Bryan gets a side hustle and doesn't have to listen to people bitch that something they don't want is added to the cost of their WON sub. If people want it they can get it separately, and by the way he's talking about it on Twitter apparently it's been a hit so far.

anyone still visit rajah? Them trying to decipher Dave's speculation/news on WOR is absolutely hilarious

Still my go to site for mindless speculation and general wrestling headlines.

I've never heard of this site, how long has it been around?