Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were piled in a giant plastic bin.

I'm dealing with a mix of both right now. I should just dump all the CDs out of my giant one in the car and put the CDs I might actually listen to again in my small one.

I'm so ocd that I have specific notebooks for different things. One is for yearbooks and motyc another for wrestler comps another for shoots and docs, an 80s one, a tv one and a misc one. Some span two notebooks

Same here. I have to know exactly where everything is. Now if I could just get around to watching most of it...

Yea that's my problem too. I get dedicated on watching some 80s stuff or something then ill think of the Monday Night Wars or something and I'm sucked into that. Then ill hear someone talk about some 2005 ROH and im on that. I have very few comps that I've actually finished

I don't have any sort of hard copy wrestling tape/DVD collection, got rid of/lost all my VHS and only have a few DVDs, but as the owner of a massive music collection I can sympathize with the binder folks. It's kind of pointless to even keep so many CDs that take up a ton of space when I have a massive IPOD and external hard drives and a smart phone etc.......but it would be more work to just rip my entire collection and there's a lot of sentimental value in it. Not to mention my cassette tapes and records. I don't even own a tape player anymore but I refuse to get rid of them. I finally just parted ways with most of my VHS movie/tv tapes and it was a sad day

As for wrestling stuff.....I have some stuff on hard drives. I couldn't deal with a massive, rarely watched collection of DVDs. I've already got a large enough DVD collection too :P

I agree with SS for early 2000s, but he seems to have some idea of building a match slowly to a fever pitch by the end as the decade wears on, where KENTA starts at a million miles per hour and only slows down during heat segments. I will say that anytime Marufuji resorts to kicks I have to ignore the fact that every one of them looks like crap because he got in the habit of slapping his leg to make it seem loud and big. And one thing I noticed in my NOAH watchings is RIkio seems to really have weak strikes as the match wears on and he gets tired. He'll half-ass those and any kind of rope-running or running into a rail or corner. Morishima at the very least has the cardio to keep moving with speed throughout the match even if his clubberins look pretty weak.

What's the story behind Ernest Miller's 3 World Karate Championship victories? I am able to find information on his other credentials, but nothing specifically relating to the Karate tournaments. He has been the ISKA Kick Boxing Champ, and Atomic Freestyle Karate Champ. Miller has also won the Rhode Island Invitational and Bluegrass Nationals. Doing a quick google search- I haven't found anything. I can find Angle's, Cromier's, etc. Olympic matches. I can find Bubba Jenkins, Lesnar, and Koscheck's NCAA matches. Hell I can even find Alberto Del Rio's MMA matches and Mir/Nelson BJJ match. Is Miller's 3 World Karate Champion stuff a gimmick?