Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be the greatest sponsored tweet ever

The Iron Sheik @the_ironsheik

If i dont fuck the Tom Brady wife, i am ok only if i can have the sex with this Victoria's Secret girl mlks.co/1tcME - spon

As a heterosexual male, it feels terribly wrong for Adrianna Lima to be #8 at...well, anything.

I feel like the only wrestling fan on the internet that has no idea who Rob Naylor is. I looked it up & it makes sense because I never watched DGUSA but I didn't think DGUSA was that popular in the first place, so his popularity is surprising to me.

He used to post at this board (not frequently, but sometimes) and way more frequently at DVDVR.

It's been a while but I remember him arguing against the "Work smart", "Play your role well" trend on the net and being more into the "high impact" offense stuff that was popular in the beginning part of the decade

I feel like the only wrestling fan on the internet that has no idea who Rob Naylor is. I looked it up & it makes sense because I never watched DGUSA but I didn't think DGUSA was that popular in the first place, so his popularity is surprising to me.

It has nothing to do with DGUSA. More to do with his posts on DVDR and tonnes more forums like CZWFans. Personally for me it was probably his appearences on the awesome and frankly extremely influential Joe Vs The World podcast at the start of the podcast boom. His appearance on JVSTW lead to him being an in demand podcast guest which then lead him cohosting his own show with goodhelmet on here. He also gained a bunch of friends in the wrestling business by going to shows and from those lurking/posting on forums reading his posts. Extremely entertaining communicator and knowledgeable guy who definitely tapped into what was happening on the indies the past 10+ years or so.

I find WWF squash matches to be really tedious to sit through. It feels like the stars are just sleep walking through the match most of the time and it always feels slow and plodding. The matches always seem to go on too long. I find myself bored after about an episode. JCP shows on the other hand, I could sit through hours of squash matches on those shows. Just seeing the way the JCP guys absolutely destroy guys week after week makes me really happy. The JCP shows just feel so fast paced and fun compared to the WWF television.

I could see Rob being a better Josh Matthews than Josh Matthews is, if that makes any sense. I just hope he doesn't end up one of those guys who hates the business after being run through the WWE wringer, It would be sad to see someone who enjoys what he does have it get squashed.

I'm perfectly happy sticking the French and Danish together when it comes to wrestling, but I'm not sticking the Brits and the French together. I am happy sticking the Scots and the Brits together, though. But that's just anecdotal from what I've seen between here and DVDVR. If we really need to split it more we can. But I think there are pretty clear trends to be found. Or maybe there aren't, but that's what I think is worth examining..