Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty much absolutely nothing like pro wrestling. You should probably youtube it go get an idea of what you are in for. I

Reminds me of middle school when I tried intramural wrestling and I tried to hook my opponent's leg in a pinning situation. He was like "What the hell are you doing, pervert?" Also got yelled at for trying to do a snap suplex (failed miserably due to my opponent sandbagging justifiably so).

Forgot to mention that my friends have tickets to see the Olympic Wrestling on 10th August and, knowing I'm a big wrestling fan, asked me to go along with them. Never seen any ameutuer wrestling at all before.

Anyone know anything about this? Any quick primers would be welcome.

I've covered our state high school wrestling tournament for the last 12 years for a newspaper that used to employ me. It's a goddam nightmare. The kids are nuts. The coaches are nuts. The parents are nuts and the fans are nuts. These kids starve themselves during wrestling season so they can make weight and crawl all over some other kid for five minutes, crossing their fingers that they won't get any kind of skin disease.

Amateur wrestlers are totally insane.

But I bet it'd be cool to see at an Olympic level. You'll probably enjoy it. But don't go in expecting it to be anything like pro wrestling. It's two TOTALLY different things.

Mark Henry who is currenly out with a shoulder injury dropped even more weight and quite a lot by the looks of it:

Posted Image

"What up twitter fam. Update down to 404 clothes getting Baggie! ... wait til I get back!!!"

As he isn't getting any younger and his brother Patrick had stroke in 2010 so good for him.

It's pretty much absolutely nothing like pro wrestling. You should probably youtube it go get an idea of what you are in for. I

Reminds me of middle school when I tried intramural wrestling and I tried to hook my opponent's leg in a pinning situation. He was like "What the hell are you doing, pervert?" Also got yelled at for trying to do a snap suplex (failed miserably due to my opponent sandbagging justifiably so).

We had suplex practice once at wrestling(true story) and I did some Scott Steiner style belly to belly's onto a wrestling dummy. The ones where he would take a step back and then swing the guy to the ground(like this -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Dt1oA5Td4). Naturally, the coaches were telling me I'm doing it wrong. Of course, they didn't tell us how to do it right, so I was trusting in Professor Steiner. Thank God I didn't know who Taz was at that time.

Forgot to mention that my friends have tickets to see the Olympic Wrestling on 10th August and, knowing I'm a big wrestling fan, asked me to go along with them. Never seen any ameutuer wrestling at all before.

Anyone know anything about this? Any quick primers would be welcome.

I've covered our state high school wrestling tournament for the last 12 years for a newspaper that used to employ me. It's a goddam nightmare. The kids are nuts. The coaches are nuts. The parents are nuts and the fans are nuts. These kids starve themselves during wrestling season so they can make weight and crawl all over some other kid for five minutes, crossing their fingers that they won't get any kind of skin disease.

Amateur wrestlers are totally insane.

But I bet it'd be cool to see at an Olympic level. You'll probably enjoy it. But don't go in expecting it to be anything like pro wrestling. It's two TOTALLY different things.

Re: the bolded part -- just about every high school sport has nutty people out there, from parents who think their kid needs more playing time or that their kid is destined to be a superstar, to coaches who shout too much for their own good, to kids who truly do crazy things. Granted, amateur wrestling is one of the few sports in which you have to maintain a certain weight at all times, but there's plenty of lunacy in high school sports in general.

Totally random question, but who usually does a worker's face paint before a show? The worker himself?

That can't be the case at the top level, surely? I'm certain WWE will carry a pretty sizable wardrobe and makeup department around with them.

I know Sting and Jeff Hardy have always done their own paint