Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jingus, it's slightly more complicated that because the people who aren't part of RUDOS who are pissed that RUDOS is gone are mostly people who were using them as a source for current Japanese TV, which you can only get legally by being in Japan and getting the right satellite services. Just about everything else is already covered by other groups.

If you mean the RUDOS statement, then yeah, I basically agree: It's one thing for them to be upset, but righteous indignation?

As a semi related follow up to this

Xtreme Wrestling Torrents has been down a lot lately

Checked the site today and saw this post from a week or so ago

2012-07-21 04:19:45 GMT (1 week ago)

Paypal Issues *Update 2*

Our temporary Paypal account has once again been frozen along with the funds that have been donated during the last 24 hours. This is obviously the work of someone who is trying to make sure XWT does not continue. We recently had a post in our forums from a new member that has taken responsibility for temporarily shutting down RUDOS's website. It now looks like we are their next target.

One thing people like that always under estimate is the community that we have on this site, and the fact that we will fight to make sure XWT continues!

- We are currently looking for an alternative payment method instead of using Paypal.

- There is no point continuing with Paypal at this point in time as they will just continue to freeze donations we receive.

- We want YOUR suggestions, do you know of a good alternative service we could use?

- This is your site! If you have suggestions then please send X a PM directly.

Thought this was worth bringing to people's attention to here. The first shoot interview worth an actual buy in a long while:

Posted Image

This 4 disc releases features both interviews SMV conducted with Chris Hero the first in 2003 and the latest in 2011. There is a combined 7.5 hours of in-depth discussion with Chris talking about all aspects of his career. The second interview was conducted by one of Chris' best friends, Rob Naylor.

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chris-hero-dvd-i...hero-story.html

There's also a deluxe edition that includes matches:

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chris-hero-dvd-i...xe-edition.html

Hadn't realized that this never got released...what was the holdup?

It didn't.

Guessing just they were just gun shy until Chris had two feet in the WWE. The last release date I saw was January. You have to ask someone else.

Was watching a 2009 indy match between Raven and some fellow named Preston Quinn. The match is awful.

I have never cared for Raven's gimmick. The guy is obviously somewhat passionate about the industry, since he's been around for 20+ years. But the "I don't care about being here" gimmick is tiresome. Except in a very specific environment, like 1996 ECW, how could you ever root for a character that hates you? I admit to having enjoyed Jericho and JBL when they've done variations on the theme, but there's two differences:

1. JBL and Jericho hated the crowd, but their characters wanted to wrestle. Raven's gimmick has him not even wanting to be there.

2. JBL and Jericho have not used this gimmick for the bulk of their careers.

It's an aesthetic judgment. I just don't like Raven and never have. It's the same reason I didn't like the Grunge guys, who seemed to have such contempt for their audiences and the music.

What's really funny about that is that Quinn is a tremendous wrestler

Have you seen the match? Phil posted it on WKO. Did I miss something?

I wouldn't know Quinn was remotely good from this match. But I will check out the others if he's considered excellent. I wouldn't be shocked to find that Raven dragged him down.

The matches are:

2. Chris Hero vs. CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana - IWA-MS 12/8/01

3. Chris Hero vs. Homicide - IWA-MS 8/1/03

4. Chris Hero vs. B-Boy - IWA-MS 11/20/03

5. Chris Hero vs. Samoa Joe - IWA-MS 5/29/04

6. Chris Hero vs. Alex Shelley - CZW 9/11/04

7. Chris Hero vs. Super Dragon - CZW 9/11/04

8. Chris Hero vs. Arik Cannon - IWA-MS 8/19/05

9. Chris Hero vs. Milano Collection AT - Chikara 10/21/05

10. Chris Hero vs. Dick Togo - IWA East Coast 4/5/06

11. Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli - wXw 5/4/07

12. Chris Hero vs. Equinox - Chikara 11/17/07

Worth paying a few extra bucks to get them? Some fairly solid names on the list, esp Togo.

The matches are:

2. Chris Hero vs. CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana - IWA-MS 12/8/01

3. Chris Hero vs. Homicide - IWA-MS 8/1/03

4. Chris Hero vs. B-Boy - IWA-MS 11/20/03

5. Chris Hero vs. Samoa Joe - IWA-MS 5/29/04

6. Chris Hero vs. Alex Shelley - CZW 9/11/04

7. Chris Hero vs. Super Dragon - CZW 9/11/04

8. Chris Hero vs. Arik Cannon - IWA-MS 8/19/05

9. Chris Hero vs. Milano Collection AT - Chikara 10/21/05

10. Chris Hero vs. Dick Togo - IWA East Coast 4/5/06

11. Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli - wXw 5/4/07

12. Chris Hero vs. Equinox - Chikara 11/17/07

Worth paying a few extra bucks to get them? Some fairly solid names on the list, esp Togo.

I was a big fan of early Hero until about 2002 and I like quite a bit of his recent stuff from the past few years but Hero from 2003 through 08 or 09 is one of my least favorite wrestlers of all time and I tended to hate the majority of his work so I wasn't a fan of most of these matches.

That said any time he wrestled Arik Cannon (or Eddie Kingston) you were usually guaranteed a great match and the Togo ladder match was real good too. If you haven't seen most of those matches then for $5 extra bucks i'd say sure go ahead and pick it up.

MWF promoter Dan Mirade buries Kamala for his alleged lies. Mirade seems like an upstanding enough guy (for a wrestling promoter). Wrestlers Rescue seems to be around to mainly rescue Dawn Marie it seems though.

Its been proven that Dawn Marie is a piece of shit. Really this promoter comes off like a creep too.

Hey shithead, he had both his legs chopped off, and was already ripped off once. So maybe show some understanding.

Meanie put up a funny quote from Nova about this whole thing.

The guy with no legs turns away money because IT DIDNT GET THERE QUICK ENOUGH? I have an easier time believing that me and meanie are gonna get our ECW PPV checks soon!"

Just cause we think everyone should know and participate..

HEY! I'm spreading this around! Like Herpes!

I co-host a Radio show/ Podcast called WHATAMANOOVER! and we are "proud" to announce our latest PHOTOSHOP CONTEST! We'll never be accused of NOT taking advantage of current wrestling bullshit..so here it is..The First Annual Davey Richards Alternate Career Photoshop Contest! The intense, respect driven, awful, and ever so well written leader of TEAM BANDIT has expressed that he'd one day like to be a fireman, or a paramedic. What else? A cowboy? An astronaut?

Posted Image

Use your skills. BE INTENSE and EARN RESPECT. The prize for best pic is a copy of the WWE's Edge: Decade of Decadence 3 dvd set...AND Goodhelmet Will is gonna award the winner their choice of one of his Best Matches of the Year sets from 2005-2011. Post yer entries in the WHATAMANOOVER! thread here at PWO.

We'll announce the winner on the September 14th WHATAMANOOVER! show live on http://www.tnt-radio.net

Very little experience with Bock outside of currently watching this AWA set. Feel like I'm probably being too hard on him at first and I felt from what I've seen that I can be very up and down on him. Enjoyed him a lot with Heenan but wasn't too high on his single matches from Disc 2 and 3. But then he seems to get better as the set goes on and I started to enjoy the matches with Martel more and more. The Hennig matches have been very good and just watched the 60 minute draw again today and really liked it. It's not going to be my number one but is going to make a push to the top. I'll probably need to track down Bock stuff from the 70's after this.

I will add that as someone who likely still thinks of Flair as the GOAT, there are quite a few wrestlers who could be argued as better based on a limited and very positive sampling.

I don't think its too soon, but you have to have some perspective. We have a much more complete picture of Flair's career and ALWAYS will. There are negatives that go with this, but there are also positives that go with this. We've seen post-prime, "decline" Flair which hurts him no matter how much we want to say that "prime" is what matters. On the other hand we will NEVER have anything NEAR a complete view of prime Bock - we have prime Flair in as complete a form as could be reasonable hoped, unless one wants to argue that he was even better in the 70's (this is certainly possible, but I tend to think it is unlikely)