Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"They would have needed to be the equiv of handhelds."

-jdw

"But they wouldn't have sent a multi-crew or a truck."

-jdw

"So if they taped it, that like[ly] was a one camera as well."

-jdw

"A one camera shoot, akin to a handheld rather than their normal multi-camera shoot. Which is what I said."

-jdw

That it's the WWF's own camera doesn't change the fact that a one camera shot is the WWF's equiv of a handheld.

Similar to Nash-Backlund:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGoQWNElahg

Unless you think the WWWF/WWF/WWE's standard way of shooting stuff for TV and PPV and Video/DVD is one camera shots. Or even something they do semi-regularly.

John

We were never in disagreement here, jdw.

The question was asked if there was footage of the Bret-Mountie IC title change. You suggested, if the footage exists, it would be handheld. I posted a link to a clip of the handheld footage. I never claimed it was not handheld footage, just that it is of higher quality than crowd-sourced handheld footage since it was taped by a professional camera man with a WWE camera.

• 2 years later...

Time to update and expand this since Last Battle of Atlanta is coming out.

I cleaned up the original post in the thread since it was all scrambled after the server change.

Post if anything on there has turned up and I'll take it off.

I'm going to run back through the thread and tack everything on that's been mentioned.

Paul-Ellering.jpg

"Let's see. All these marks have been dying for this. I'll call this my golden parachute."

"I'd like for my daughter to get a shot, and I wouldn't mind a TV role." That's some first class negotiation if it's true. He realizes that it's only a Grail for a certain demographic, but it's still wanted, and he doesn't overplay his hand as far as demands.

I took some things off the master list that have turned up over the years like Harts-Rockers broken rope, Harts-Strike Force finish, and Kikuchi/Kobashi-CanAms.

How's this for a list of Top 10 most hyped since LBOA is off the list now:

Superdome Dog Collar

Backlund-Flair Omni

Hansen-Flair Omni

Memphis Texas Death

Jake-Hogan

Magee-Hart

Savage-Steamboat Cage Match

Flair-Hogan 1st WWF Dayton

Star of Death Cage

10- Owen-Angle or LOD-Money Inc

Jake-Hogan SnakePit gets a special mention

What are the Memphis Death Match and Star of Death Cage matches?

Is there any possibility of Gotch/Hackenschmidt existing? I wonder because most boxing matches of that era of similar stature were filmed.

Memphis is the March 1986 Texas Death Match between Bill Dundee/Buddy Landell vs. Jerry Lawler/Dutch Mantell Extended clips are all that was ever released. This is my biggest Holy Grail and with the LBOA being released, I still have hope.

"Let's see. All these marks have been dying for this. I'll call this my golden parachute."

"I'd like for my daughter to get a shot, and I wouldn't mind a TV role." That's some first class negotiation if it's true. He realizes that it's only a Grail for a certain demographic, but it's still wanted, and he doesn't overplay his hand as far as demands.

FWIW Dave responded on Twitter to someone asking how WWE got it, and said it was part of the original 130,000 hours (in other words it was part of the vault they already owned and not footage from someone else).

The Money Inc.-LOD title switch definitely happened, but it was in Denver at a routine house show. It's possible that ringside footage exists like it does for the Mountie title win, but it never aired on WWF TV if it did because of a.) a request by LOD, and b.) the finish being unusable, since it involved the Natural Disasters interfering and costing LOD the match, which went against the change of direction the company went with for WM8--when they went to babyface Disasters vs. Money Inc. instead of Money Inc.-Slaughter/Duggan and LOD-Disasters in a street fight. It's possible that the footage simply wasn't catalogued since it wasn't going to make air.

Now, what should be in there somewhere is the first Money Inc.-Steiners title change, since that was a dark match at a Challenge taping and not at a house show.

A full or nearly-full version of Ric Flair vs. Jack Veneno is a must-include for a list like this. People have been searching for that one for years--one guy on CrazyMax claimed to have gotten it but was later revealed to be a scammer.

The Money Inc.-LOD title switch definitely happened, but it was in Denver at a routine house show. It's possible that ringside footage exists like it does for the Mountie title win, but it never aired on WWF TV if it did because of a.) a request by LOD, and b.) the finish being unusable, since it involved the Natural Disasters interfering and costing LOD the match, which went against the change of direction the company went with for WM8--when they went to babyface Disasters vs. Money Inc. instead of Money Inc.-Slaughter/Duggan and LOD-Disasters in a street fight. It's possible that the footage simply wasn't catalogued since it wasn't going to make air.

Now, what should be in there somewhere is the first Money Inc.-Steiners title change, since that was a dark match at a Challenge taping and not at a house show.

A full or nearly-full version of Ric Flair vs. Jack Veneno is a must-include for a list like this. People have been searching for that one for years--one guy on CrazyMax claimed to have gotten it but was later revealed to be a scammer.

It really does exist? Animal said Hawk no showed and they just gave titles to Money Inc, what gives?

Hawk was in fact suspended around this time, but I don't think I buy that story.

I went back to re-check details in the Observer, and Dave reports that in fact they did tape the match, despite LOD's requests that no cameras record the bout.

" The match lasted 11:49 with the finish coming with Hawk on the top rope about to give DiBiase a clothesline. Sensational Sherri (who won't be managing DiBiase & IRS as a team so I'm told and will strictly work as manager of Shawn Michaels who will be getting a big heel push) distracted referee Earl Hebner, while Earthquake and Typhoon rolled down the aisle. Typhoon hit Hawk with a chair and he fell into the ring and was pinned by DiBiase."