Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

Huh, so there IS a thread for this.

Yeah, this episode is great. It's absurd how excited he gets watching something that he not only participated in, but has said he's watched numerous times before the actual podcast.

Also, I love the little shots he throws at Rock for throwing shitty elbows and doing a bad blade job.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he took any little jabs at Rock at all. He just said they had to be careful with the blade job because Rock was going away to film a movie.

He said that the Rock threw some shitty elbows, and that would not have been the case had HE thrown them.

I'd consider that a bit of a jab, no?

I loved it, but I found it interesting that, unless I missed it, Austin completely sidestepped how badly the exchanging of the blade and setting up of the blade job was bungled by Hebner.

I loved how Rock so non-chalantly just picked up the blade after Hebner had tripped and dropped it.

I don't think he took any little jabs at Rock at all. He just said they had to be careful with the blade job because Rock was going away to film a movie.

He said that the Rock threw some shitty elbows, and that would not have been the case had HE thrown them.

I thought that was just a joke. Austin and Rock have always laughed about how much Steve hates the People's Elbow.

I thought that was just a joke. Austin and Rock have always laughed about how much Steve hates the People's Elbow.

Nah. It's right after he talks about him selling Rock's punches like Hitman Hearns. Austin is laying on the mat but he's under the ropes with his upper body hanging to the outside. Rock gives him some elbows to the throat and Austin says "He could have laid those elbows in a little better." and "...had it been me, they would have looked better."

I don't think he meant it to be mean spirited, though. But he was serious. It's actually pretty cool how cocky he is through the whole episode. Which is weird, because he usually tries his hardest to not be.

At one point he actually says "At this point in time, there wasn't anybody in the world better than me."

Awesome.

When he is saying "hey fuck you" is he talking a punch or are they giving each other middle fingers. I would think punch since he is saying it tons in this

I think he just genuinely enjoys watching his stuff and is reacting to what he did accordingly. Kind of like trash talking playing video games.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to that one and saving it for a weekend run.

Side question: do we have any idea how lucrative this is for Austin? I don't have a clue if he makes serious money for it or if its more a steady promotional vehicle.

Unless PodCastOne is a cash cow, and laying out terrestial or satilite money for its acts, who I imagine are all wealthy off of day jobs, I'd say no.

The shows must be worth the time & effort for those that host them. I just have a hard time with the constant Amazon plugs, like these guys that made millions in their career are trying to nickel & dime people over ad clicks. I'd rather use a link to a site that is more mom & pop.

That's probably more of a Westwood One/Podcast One thing than their own seperate deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Its going to be live on the Network after Raw next Monday (of course after the FREE period, the day after actually).

This should be interesting, as they've always danced around or bent kayfabe on WWE products. Never coming right out and shooting unless you almost have to. And of course Austin's PodcastOne shows are all 100% shoots.