Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was watching WCW Sin today (yeah, I know...) and the Sid leg break scene is completely cut out. But you can see the aftermath with him lying around with the broken leg.

I may be wrong but from what I remember of that week, the actual footage of the leg break didn't air on the PPV, it aired on the night after, on WCW Monday Nitro.

was watching WCW Sin today (yeah, I know...) and the Sid leg break scene is completely cut out. But you can see the aftermath with him lying around with the broken leg.

I may be wrong but from what I remember of that week, the actual footage of the leg break didn't air on the PPV, it aired on the night after, on WCW Monday Nitro.

I thought the leg break was shown on the live broadcast because I know I have seen the break before but it was removed from the DVD (or in WCW case the VHS :lol: ) it wasn't on the Classics version of the show

I thought the leg break was shown on the live broadcast because I know I have seen the break before but it was removed from the DVD (or in WCW case the VHS :lol: ) it wasn't on the Classics version of the show

Noodles is correct, the leg break did not air on PPV. I just saw the show recently. It did air the next night on Nitro. Also, as far as I know, the show was never released on video. I believe the last WCW VHS release in the U.S. was either Fall Brawl 2000 or Halloween Havoc 2000.

Yes, it's definitely some sort of Indian/South Asian based call center. They're also using some preschool level troubleshooting scripts as well. I guess that's probably fine for 95% of their calls, but since I already cleared my cache they seem stumped.

I never bother with "tech support" because you know that 99% of the time it's outsourced. Going back to Microsoft in the 90's and almost every attempt at tech support I've had over the years it's generally been a huge waste of time. I had issues signing up for the network, and the same VOD problems everyone was having, but at no point did I consider calling "tech support" because I knew it would be a complete runaround. Going on the internet and places like here and DVDVR told me everything I needed to know

If you signed up the first day, it looks like the six-month subscription ends on August 24th, which is kind of wonky, because the billing cycle is the 3rd of every month. So, it looks like the "free week" counts as part of the six-month package. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but definitely a bit weird. I can see some people feeling gypped that they aren't getting "all of August" if they choose not to renew.

Their ratings are a little screwy. They are showing the first episode of Smackdown! right now which was at the height of the company's sleaziness yet somehow earns a TV-PG rating.

Was this episode particularly sleezy, though? If I recall correctly, UPN wanted a lot of the sleazier aspects of late 90's WWF cut out of Smackdown, so it might have legit earned a TV-PG rating.

Smackdown in FY2000 had 6.6 million viewers (4.7 weekly average out of 86 million households) and Raw had 6.7 million viewers (6.2 weekly average out of 78 million households). (source)

I believe it was during the Eddie/Rey Custody of Dominic storyline on Smackdown when SM had more viewers than Raw but I could be mistaken. Obviously, when one is on cable and the other is on broadcast TV, that plays a major role.

It was also on a basic cable network (UPN) that was in many more homes than USA. Network tv is still a big deal, but much bigger a decade ago. Personally depending on where I live and what the options are I always subscribe to the most basic of cable packages, and as long as I have PBS, CSPAN and local channels I'm happy. At the moment I'd have to upgrade several tiers just to get SyFy or Spike TV. I don't even get ESPN. I can get Main Event on ION or ROH on a CW or something if it's not pre-empted by high school sports

Their ratings are a little screwy. They are showing the first episode of Smackdown! right now which was at the height of the company's sleaziness yet somehow earns a TV-PG rating.

Was this episode particularly sleezy, though? If I recall correctly, UPN wanted a lot of the sleazier aspects of late 90's WWF cut out of Smackdown, so it might have legit earned a TV-PG rating.

I heard Lawler's "puppies!" at least once, so I think it was. Too close for comfort for a TV-PG anyway. I can believe that WWF acquiesced to VIacom's request, but a toned down program feels at the height of sleaze when compared to today's product. I'm only bringing this up because I know that eventually some parent of a young WWE fan is going to come upon this stuff and be appalled, and bitch to the morality mob and brew up a shitstorm about it.

Well, the WWE Network is now working on X-Box 360.....kinda.......

The live stream looks good, although lagged a bit during the Raw pre-show, but my guess is that is due to site traffic.

I briefly streamed an episode of World Class, and it looked fine.

I attempted to stream King of the Ring 1993 and I got booted from the app.

I logged back in and attempted to watch an episode of ECW Hardcore TV, and there are no episodes to be found.

Then I headed over to the PPV section and came to the realization that there are only WWE shows listed. WCW and ECW PPV.....nope, not on there.

So I clicked on Elimination Chamber 2013 to check it out, and it loaded nicely, so I decided to try moving to a later point in the show, and unfortunately it looks like the little dots at the beginning and end of every match that are available on some shows, are not on the X-Box.

I understand totally that they just got it working, but it certainly looks like they still have some work to do.

anyone else missing rumble 2014 and episodes 1, 5 and 6 of raw from 1993 on the roku?

Haven't checked Raw, but I can confirm that Rumble '14 is missing from mine also.

I don't understand how stuff like this even happens. Does WWE have to manually approve each event for each app?

I hope this kind of crap gets permanently sorted out by the end of the week.