Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture quality went in & out a couple times during Zayn/Cesaro. HD one second, blurry the next. Only lasted for a couple seconds and no big deal. It also locked up early for about a minute, then continued fine from there. On a couple other occasions it seemed to rewind about 3-5 seconds and then continue playing without a problem. That match was awesome though, so who cares.

They definitely need to make sure the live stream works well for Mania, because if it doesn't there will be major uproar. Hopefully a couple other live shows before then to test it out.

Yeah the WWE really blew it tonight. You can't use the "well it was only the Roku or the Xbox" excuse either because pretty much everyone get screwed. It wasn't working on phones or PC that well either. At least not mine and probably a lot of people.

Shame as well because even without the main event that was a great show. Lots of people are going to become fans of NXT after tonight.

It's good that it happened now. It would be far worse for them to head into Wrestlemania unaware there is a problem.

I agree but there is a old saying about making a good first impression. Since this is the only live show until Wrestlemania with any significant viewership, there isn't much to let people know that the problems were getting better. You just have to assume it got better

I understand that. I think WWE should have managed expectations better. I've been part of tech launches before and understand some of the problems that are always there, so I'm pretty patient. But I realize not everyone is. That said, no major technological launch goes off without a problem. It's in WWE's best interests to fix it, and I'm confident they will for that simple reason. When things go South like this, the key is someone in a leadership position who is willing to make heads roll if needed in order to get it right. I think we both know Vince will have no problem assuming that role if that's what's needed. :)

I'm annoyed I haven't been able to enjoy it on Roku for more than a few minutes since launch. Intellectually, I believe Loss' argument for patience. But the turd in my punchbowl seemed pretty large during the failed NXT broadcast. Sometimes, you just want your shiny new toy to work.

WWE network responds to technical issues toniight

During tonight's live NXT ArRIVAL special, we unfortunately experienced technical difficulties, which are to be expected when launching a new digital network. We will work aggressively to solve these glitches and deliver quality service. The complete event will be available on-demand overnight.

they need to bring back this screen for the network

lugertechidk7ws.jpg

Somewhat embarrassing confession for a tech writer, but it turns out my PS3 was fine. The problem was actually that my Dynamic IP address had changed, which confused the proxy service I use (which is a simple one-click fix once you realise what's up.)

Fortunately that meant I only watched the first hour of NXT (confirming the "watch from beginning" feature works fine) and went to bed before the stream glitches, which probably would have sent me into a rage.

Their is an update on twitter for the Roku. The VOD seems to work now. Even with the update Starcade 84 still seems to kick me off the app. Can other Roku users see if Srarcade 84 kicks them off the network?

Haven't tried Starrcade '84 but I still get kicked off the Network when I try to watch WrestleMania Rewind. All the other VOD stuff seemed to work fine this morning.

Didn't watch NXT last night but judging by the technical issues, I'm hoping that they get all of this stuff fixed for WrestleMania.