Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

If when they say they are adding all the MSG shows that were taped, they mean it, it's huge. There are tons of shows on Cawthon's site that aired back then but have never showed up since. This would also answer such things as whether or not certain shows were taped at all.

If they mean "everything that has already been converted" is what is being added, well, that's good, but there won't be anything "new".

Keep your fingers crossed "all" means "all".

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things I did on Roku that I have no idea if it really changed anything but all of the sudden I got ECW stuff

1. On the WWE network account parental controls, switch between on and off and then save

2. On your Roku account page, set your PIN preferences to "don't need a PIN to make a purchase".

Thanks for the help but I tried that but it didn't work.

Edit: Just got it to work. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Yeah, got mine working too, so ditto on the thanks.

According to the Observer the plan is to put up all the MSG shows that were taped in the next few months.

:blink:

Has to be something new in there right?

Not really as probably 90% of the stuff from MSG around 1984-1989 has been on Classics on Demand at one point. Now if they decide to put some of those house shows after 1997 on the Network then complete :blink:

Huh didn't know Scott Taylor/Scotty Too Hotty was doing jobs on RAW in 1993

Checked some stuff last night and this morning on the Roku. Bash at the Beach '99 crapped out after about three minutes this morning. Last night, Mania 7 stopped as Willie Nelson started warbling "America the Beautiful". Mania 8 seemed to have no issues on the Roku last night and I watched the MSG show from '91 on my Kindle Fire with zero issues last night.

I did have an email from WWE this morning stating that they are doing maintenance to the on-demand section and that it would be unavailable at certain points while they complete the maintenance. The email also mentioned that the maintenance should be complete tomorrow morning. Hoping that the "maintenance" they are talking about is related to the Roku.

Not really as probably 90% of the stuff from MSG around 1984-1989 has been on Classics on Demand at one point. Now if they decide to put some of those house shows after 1997 on the Network then complete :blink:

The hope (for me at least) is that they put up the pre-1984 shows, which run back in to at least 1973. How many were preserved is up for debate, and if they dark-taped the blackout shows that didn't air on MSG.

It all depends on WWE's definition of "all MSG shows".

WON says:

Essentially, the technical reason some things did and didn’t work, or didn’t work on different devices was because for both video-on-demand and live streams, WWE and MLBAM are using a content distribution network of a number of caching services in various locations around the country. These servers bring content geographically closer to a user requesting it. But they only serve what is expected to be the most popular content. That’s why the live stream has few problems, but some video-on-demand material that they didn’t expect there would be much interest in, such as WCW and ECW PPVs, have had more problems. When a user requests content not part of the local cache, the cache has to request it, taking time and server resources.

I imagine they'll put up shows from the 70's as well. They already have a few up on the VOD and aired one from '75 on the live feed last night.

Of the 5 that have been mentioned in the thread, all 5 aired on 24/7 or Classics or MSG Classics or what not. Nothing "new" there.

I'm with Kevin: does "all" mean "all", and does it also mean "complete" in the sense of the whole card. My recollection is that some of the shows that have come out of the vault were incomplete.

It would certainly be nice if they'd release some kind of update on the issues with the X-Box 360. Haven't been able to get passed the log in screen since opening day. If this is going to be a long term thing, I'll just go buy a Roku.

I am loving the stupid people losing their mind over it though. I saw a guy on Twitter trying to organize a class action lawsuit against WWE because the Network doesn't work on 360!

Everything seems to be working perfectly now on Apple TV. Just checked about a dozen different shows from all three companies in different years. Everything is loading smoothly, chapter breaks are functional, can skip ahead without buffering/dying. Though it is the typical ATV chapter breaks, that aren't actually marked at anything, just skipping ahead ~5 minutes at a time. At least helps you get to where you want to go faster. A lot of people don't seem to know ATV does chapter breaks. When the time bar is on the screen, press the down arrow on the remote. Then one press of the forward button moves you ahead a chapter.