Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My TV is about 99% done and I have some stuff going on that might prevent me from being around on Thursday so I'm probably going to go ahead and post it tonight. The HemisFair show might end up being a bit late but that will only build ANTICIPATION~! as to who The Fabulous Ones have found to be their partner for the 6 man tag against The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan (well maybe not, it's fairly obvious looking at my roster)

My tv for last week got rewritten after some discussion and feedback. The full behind the scenes story will be revealed in the next issue of the Wade Smeltzer Flaming Speculator Newsletter.

I thought you meant you did a retcon of the last episode you posted but I'm happy to see that was not the case.

I'm burnt out on this right now and I'm just gonna take some time away from writing shows until I get interested again. If I don't start feeling it again by September then you guys will have another draft full of scrubs to look forward to.

I find booking out long term schedules and shows for the next 3-4 months works wonders. The reason I can post TV and house show results like clockwork is because I spent a couple days mapping out everything, in detail for the next 3 months and outlines for after.

I literally just open my notepad and type up what the house show results I planned were each day. TV takes longer because I need to flesh it out, but if you were to ask what I had planned on my show on October 27th, I could tell you every match/angle. Takes a bit of work in the short run, but the benefit is I don't need to pay much attention to this on a daily basis until at least the end of the year.

Maybe not the best for you now since you're tiring, but if you get that second wind I recommend it.

I'm actually written out all the way to my big October 1st show on house shows and TV. I have all the TV outlined up until December, as well as the December 31st show, so I know exactly here I'm going. I agree that knowing where you are going helps you decide how to get there.

It's not about not having ideas, I have my HemisFair lineups written out until November and a year of general outline for my top guys.

It has more to do with the fact that I had to quit smoking. Smoking & fantasy booking go together like peanut butter & jelly for me. In the past any time I had to take a break meant my TEW game went dormant. I smoked before I sat down to write every single one of my shows (insert "That's why they all suck" joke here) and without being able to toke any more, trying to sit down and write my shows just isn't working.

Normally with these things I'm done already, the initial draft and excitement of booking stuff does wear off. But I'm still really enjoying it. I did plan out my main angles week by week but made sure I still had stuff to think about week by week to keep interest high. I found planning stuff out in so much detail for months in advance that means you end up just writing and not really thinking (thinking being the fun part). That's sort of why did the AWA thing, just so I could have a bit of fun and the creative juices keep flowing.

This weekend I just got smashed and couldn't even pick up a laptop to type let alone do any justice to this weeks telly.

I don't like to have everything completely planned out.

I mean, sure I have a general idea of what's gonna go down and some key angles and storylines I hope will take off, but I've found keeping plans open usually leads to some added creativity. I didn't plan on Terry Funk being a focal point of my thing, but he became available so I worked him into my plans. I hadn't intended on keeping the Bulldogs together as a team, but they've filled a niche in my tag division so I've put their singles pushes on the back-burner. Initially, I booked Dino Bravo working a mobster gimmick in preliminary tags, but organically, I have moved him up the card into a role as a babyface title contender, which sets him up for a big push down the line.

Let it play out and see where it goes!

I think a lot of people are burnt out. It seems like maybe four or five people check the sub-folder on a daily basis anymore. I'm trying to figure if we've heard from Rocket Crypt or Wahoo's Leg in the last month or not and coming up with an answer of "no."

I'm going to make a huge effort to try and get the ball rolling this week on my shows. I've fallen way behind and it's not fair to those that have made an effort to stay up-to-date. My plan is to post either a house show run or a TV show per day, which would probably mean I'd post a full week of results every three days. Hopefully I can stick with this schedule and start catching up.

I think a lot of people are burnt out. It seems like maybe four or five people check the sub-folder on a daily basis anymore. I'm trying to figure if we've heard from Rocket Crypt or Wahoo's Leg in the last month or not and coming up with an answer of "no."

Wahoo is still in, just swamped with work.

RocketCrypt has been contacted, but no response yet. Let's give him until at least the weekend before making any decisions.