Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say it's very interesting doing this daily house shows and trying not to make the shows the exact same, but also continuing stories without having anything major happen. I am sure I could just do the same show every day, because it's different towns. WWF does it that way, however I like the challenge of pretending maybe somebody is reading another town's paper or might be travelling and catch two shows in two different towns.

I have to say it's very interesting doing this daily house shows and trying not to make the shows the exact same, but also continuing stories without having anything major happen. I am sure I could just do the same show every day, because it's different towns. WWF does it that way, however I like the challenge of pretending maybe somebody is reading another town's paper or might be travelling and catch two shows in two different towns.

I have that issue, so i generally go for a core of matches for the week, and then just mix them up so feuds are still relative.

http://www.itvwrestling.co.uk Have results for 1983 TV, so a list shouldn't be too hard to put together.

I think we should handle them very much like the Japan farm system, we can't cripple the UK market by picking up everyone and wouldn't be realistic. Maybe the maximum tour they can have out here is 2 weeks every 3 months, or something along those lines.

Unless we can find someone to book for the UK?

Yeah, unless someone wants to book the UK. We need to figure out a system. I feel the same way about Mexico.

If a US company wanted to make Johnny Saint and El Satanico their biggest stars I think it could had happened. No US company would had done that though.

What he said. Jumbo as AWA champion is in the realms of possibility, El Canek not really.

Although there might be a case for adding Dos Caras to the freelancers as a tag partner for Mil, because Caras worked in the US sometimes and on Japan tours. (if he's not in the game already, I didn't check)

I'm cool with, like I said before just playing devils advocate with it. Marty Jones and Rollerball Rocco won't be lighting up the cities of Alabama anytime soon...