Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to get the first month done and my tag team title tournament out of the way. Pretty much all the stuff from the first month was just me making stuff up as I went along because most of my long term ideas were built off the fallout of the tournament. David debuting in the way he did and Tully & David winning the tag team tournament was booked before I even drafted David which is why I scrambled to make the trade to get him.

Feel free to criticize the way Keirn lost the match if you don't like it as I wasn't really totally confident in going that way but I didn't really want to do a bullshit finish either.

I actually liked the finish. It puts over Keirn as someone who won't go down easy, but it also gets across the viciousness of heel David and his family's famous claw hold. There's also the fact that this was the third match of the night for both, exhaustion will come into play.

Little Tokyo (NWA World Midget's Champion)

Cowboy Lang

Lone Eagle

Tiny Tom

LIttle Coco

Chilli Bowl

Butch Cassidy

The Haiti Kid

Sonny Boy Hayes

Tiger Jackson

The Fabulous Moolah (NWA Women's World Champion)

Princess Victoria & Velvet McIntyre (NWA Women's World Tag Team Champions)

Debbie Combs

Donna Day

Wendi Richter

Judy Martin

Penny Mitchell

Susan Star

Joyce Grable

Leilani Kai

I am all for waiting for Wahoo to get this draft started and will wait as long as necessary, but I have to ask. Are there others here who are really pushing hard to get one more name for their roster right now that I'm holding up by not pushing for skipping over Wahoo?

Been doing some late 70s Portland viewing trying to get some ideas for Ron Starr. I haven't quite figured out what to do with him yet but I do know he can talk because he just killed me with a promo about the girlfriends of Piper, Rose & Tim Brooks, bringing out a poster of some fat girls and saying that the piglet one of them was holding was Brooks' baby boy.

I'm actually toning down a bit the real life WWC schedule during this time. At his point in time they were running 8 house shows a week (two on Sundays), plus special appearances for shows held in other Caribbean islands (Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands, Haiti, Trinidad, etc.). that's in addition to the two TV shows on the weekend. I'm going to be posting the two TV shows and the Thursday to Sunday house shows. Any spot shows from Monday to Wednesday are not going to be reported on unless circumstances dictate i mention them or it's a special show.

I'm actually toning down a bit the real life WWC schedule during this time. At his point in time they were running 8 house shows a week (two on Sundays), plus special appearances for shows held in other Caribbean islands (Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands, Haiti, Trinidad, etc.). that's in addition to the two TV shows on the weekend. I'm going to be posting the two TV shows and the Thursday to Sunday house shows. Any spot shows from Monday to Wednesday are not going to be reported on unless circumstances dictate i mention them or it's a special show.

There's no need to overwhelm yourself trying too hard to keep a "real life" schedule. I'm just going to do my TV and the HemisFair shows from now on.