Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 100-51

Grimmas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's plenty Jericho has done well, but it seems like it's good in a timely manner. At the time of JeriShow, the Rey feud and the Michaels feud, general consensus was that it was all great stuff. As time went on, I think people just either got over it or forgot about it. What hurts Jericho for me is that while I can go back and enjoy older stuff and still think highly of it for basically everyone on my Top 100, I don't know what Jericho has does that for me, if there is anything.

I have never been the biggest fan of Jericho even in 1999-2001 when everyone in the IWC was so high on him. When I think of Jericho I put him in the same class as guys like Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, & Mysterio and out of those guys to me he is the least consistent. To me he is either really good and I'm interested in him or he is just there as another guy and I could care less what he's doing. I'll admit during a lot of his matches I tune out, but then there are certain matches that I get super sucked into (and that's mainly because what his opponent is doing in the match), but those are few and far between. It doesn't help his case for me these days because he is officially the definition of diminishing returns. There are matches of Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, & Mysterio that I find wanting to go back to and watch multiple times that's not the case at all for Jericho. I think he is much better suited as a heel as he did great work in his 2008 feud against Shawn Michaels. I find his baby face promos to be very similar to The Rock's in that he relies too much on catch phrases that he created back in 1999. Looking at my list I think I ranked him a little bit too high at 40.

I don't think his WWE years had much (really, what really good matches did he have over there ?)

X-Pac in '01, multiple with Rey in '03 plus the team with Eddie, great PERFORMANCES in matches on RAW in '04 like the Batista/Orton/Trips-Edge/Shelton/him six-man. Team with Regal. It's more defined by his seeming inability to ever actually be bad. If he was in a match, it was going to be worth watching, no matter the circumstance.

He's still active and capable of playing fun roles. He had a pretty good title match with UG not long ago and will assuredly have fun stuff in the Elite tournament.

Yeah, I think it's more a personal projection based on the relationship Paco is said to have with him being incredibly similar to Vince's with 'Taker.

I had Steve Williams at #64, Tito Santana at #70, Dynamite Kid at #24, Hulk Hogan at #80 and Atlantis at #54.

Tajiri and Jericho are probably in my top 150. Gordy, Rude and Hase are probably in my top 200.

10 more days to go...

49 wrestlers that are in my top 100 have appeared in the final results so far...

51 wrestlers of my top 100 haven't appeared in the final results yet...

#8 Masa Fuchi [#111] (high vote)

#9 Sangre Chicana [#95] (high vote)

#14 Chigusa Nagayo [#110]

#15 Fuerza Guerrera [#155] (high vote)

#18 Manami Toyota [#89]

#24 Dynamite Kid [#78]

#27 L.A. Park [#96]

#28 Mr. Gannosuke [#277] (high vote)

#31 Mayumi Ozaki [#133]

#36 Jaguar Yokota [#114]

#41 La Fiera [#164]

#48 El Samurai [#212] (high vote)

#49 Kyoko Inoue [#217]

#53 Tsuyoshi Kikuchi [#148]

#54 Atlantis [#74]

#55 Great Sasuke [#116]

#57 Yumi Ikeshita [#384]

#60 TAKA Michinoku [#180]

#62 Shinobu Kandori [#146]

#64 Steve Williams [#82]

#65 Dynamite Kansai [#125]

#66 Dan Kroffat [#254]

#69 Perro Aguayo [#140]

#70 Tito Santana [#80]

#71 Bison Kimura [#420]

#72 Devil Masami [#135]

#73 Cuty Suzuki [#385]

#74 Kerry Von Erich [#98]

#75 Dennis Condrey [#199]

#76 Pirata Morgan [#117]

#77 Super Astro [#283]

#78 Leo Burke [#296]

#79 Jinsei Shinzaki [#400]

#80 Hulk Hogan [#75]

#82 Masato Tanaka [#175]

#83 Javier Cruz [#502] (high vote/only vote)

#85 Psicosis [#183]

#88 Marty Jannetty [#272]

#89 Espectrito [#370]

#90 Masa Saito [#160]

#91 Sabu [#149]

#92 Scott Steiner [#162]

#93 Jacques Rougeau [#339]

#95 Atsushi Onita [#89]

#96 Carlos Colon [#103]

#97 Roddy Piper [#83]

#98 Stan Lane [#260]

#99 Big Boss Man [#171]

#100 Ron Starr [#403]

I should have rated Kevin Nash, really. He's better than Dusty, Piper or Hogan. Talk about getting the most out of the least and still have some great matches with great workers, which is something none of the other three ever managed to do.

You're just flat out creating revisionist history now

I should have rated Kevin Nash, really. He's better than Dusty, Piper or Hogan. Talk about getting the most out of the least and still have some great matches with great workers, which is something none of the other three ever managed to do.

You're just flat out creating revisionist history now

No, I'm just stating what I think of these workers. No match from Dusty, Hogan or Piper get close to the matches Nash had with Bret & Shawn in 95/96. It's that simple. Don't use big words around me.

Atlantis and Jericho down. Atlantis was my 95, so pretty much all my lowest ranked guys are gone. Jericho I did not have... I really didn't...

I have 62 guys left I think. Angle is possibly the one I don't have, that's still around, that stick out the most to me. I'm not as down on him as most of the board, but still... What the hell is he doing this high on the list?

I like Shawn-Diesel (the IYH match only) and the Diesel-Bret matches a ton, but I think it's insane to say that Nash's output equates to Piper's considering a.) Piper spent a lot of his prime very much in the pre-everything-on-tape era, and b.) there's the stuff we *do* have: the Valentine dog collar match, the Perfect match from MSG, the Orndorff brawls, the Rude cage match, the Bret match...I'll take Piper's output comfortably over Nash's any day. And even in some of those great Nash matches he was being broomsticked, which I can't say for any of the great Piper bouts.

To me Piper had zero great match to his resume, it's as simple as that. A bunch of really good stuff with really strong workers (Bret, Valentine, hum... that's it). And his stuff looked shitty most of the time, even in his prime. Piper was all talk and no game.

As far as Nash goes, he was much better than he gets credit for. Funny that in this days of minimalistic work being approved over "movez", Kevin Nash has not been recognized as one damn efficient big man worker. If Lawler "hid an imaginary foreign object for ten minutes" routine is considered great work, Nash framing an elbow and leaning on the ropes onto his way to mega-contracts and getting himself over like a madman on Nitro should be considered state of the art too. These days, even fucking Kamala gets more credits. Just hilarious.

I like Shawn-Diesel (the IYH match only) and the Diesel-Bret matches a ton, but I think it's insane to say that Nash's output equates to Piper's considering a.) Piper spent a lot of his prime very much in the pre-everything-on-tape era, and b.) there's the stuff we *do* have: the Valentine dog collar match, the Perfect match from MSG, the Orndorff brawls, the Rude cage match, the Bret match...I'll take Piper's output comfortably over Nash's any day. And even in some of those great Nash matches he was being broomsticked, which I can't say for any of the great Piper bouts.

I'm not at all serious about Hogan vs. Zeus being better than ... anything really... But I'm very serious about agreeing completely with this post by Pete...