Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Y'know, Adam Cole might be the most professional guy in the biz right now. He could have really fucked the company over since they were stupid and didn't realize his deal was up prior to the show he as main eventing, he could have gone full Jeff Jarrett and asked for a huge payday to show up...hell he could have just said FU and really pantsed them by showing up on Dynamite while NXT was still promoting the match, but he signed a month extension so the show would be covered and did his job (literally and figuratively) like a pro. 

In  rare case of social media being good, Daffney was live on Instagram looking in bad shape and talking about suicide and Wrestling Twitter mobilized to alert the local PD. She apparently moved recently so no one seems to know her exact location but seeing everyone working together to try to get her help was a great thing to see. Hopefully it has a positive ending. 

14 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

are you taking the piss right now lol

It was 1990-ish, so I was being compared to softcock prettyboy Keanu. I looked up to not-so-prettyboys like Ax and Smash.

To be fair, I did bear an uncanny resemblance to Theodore "Ted" Logan Esq. Don't know where my girlfriend pulled La Paglia from - she must have been squinting. 

15 hours ago, sek69 said:

In  rare case of social media being good, Daffney was live on Instagram looking in bad shape and talking about suicide and Wrestling Twitter mobilized to alert the local PD. She apparently moved recently so no one seems to know her exact location but seeing everyone working together to try to get her help was a great thing to see. Hopefully it has a positive ending. 

Apparently not. This is gutting.

I've come to the first MSG show of 1984, the one where Hogan takes the title. 

Besides the absolute dogshit opener with Tony Garea, it's really night and day from 1983's MSG shows. The lighting is completely different, the mat color changed to the standard WWE canvas, camera work is about 50/50 between hard cam and handheld (I don't think hand helds were used at ALL in the past couple of MSG shows I had seen from 1981-83 despite there being camera men on the floor filming, they never cut to those shots". 

Not to mention the talent influx: Guys like Hogan, Orndorff, Tiger Chung Lee (aka "The Chunger"), Piper, Masked Superstar. Not to say there isn't a lot of hold overs: Tony Garea, Jose Luis Rivera, Sal Bellomo, Strongbow, Fuji, and what seems to be a never ending feud of Andre/Rocky Johnson + rotating partner vs The Samoans that had been going on for over a year at this point.  

Is it okay to basically pre-emptively ban David Benoit from major league wrestling because his face looks so so much like his dad and well, you know. I ask cuz I see he has joined some indy promotion or something and I genuinely don't know which side I lean towards. A couple of years back, he said he wanted to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr. and like, that is obviously not happening.

Japan would probably insist on him being Wild Pegasus Jr, which actually would probably be better for him. 

I feel bad for David since he clearly has the passion and wants to do this, and in a different timeline he would probably be a big star just off his name alone. Instead he's the most radioactive person possible for reasons he had nothing to do with. Dude went from having the best genetic luck possible for wrestling to having the worst. 

15 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

Only 7 entrants of the 2015 Royal Rumble still wrestle for WWE.

I checked out the 1989 Rumble (first with 30) and seven years later only four were still with WWF: Shawn Michaels as champion, Jake Roberts returning for a brief run and the Bushwhackers (who at this point in 1996 were 10 days away from their last match.)

7 hours ago, JNLister said:

I checked out the 1989 Rumble (first with 30) and seven years later only four were still with WWF: Shawn Michaels as champion, Jake Roberts returning for a brief run and the Bushwhackers (who at this point in 1996 were 10 days away from their last match.)

You missed Marty Jannetty; and technically DiBiase and Hennig were with the company as well in January 96.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, MoS said:

Is it okay to basically pre-emptively ban David Benoit from major league wrestling because his face looks so so much like his dad and well, you know. I ask cuz I see he has joined some indy promotion or something and I genuinely don't know which side I lean towards. A couple of years back, he said he wanted to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr. and like, that is obviously not happening.

Yeah...his dad was a monster. Why should his son pay for his sins? So we can feel more "comfortable"?