Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

3 hours ago, Strummer said:

Tristen Nash, son of Kevin Nash, has passed away at age 26.

unbelievably tragic

RIP

Ever since it debuted, I have been sporadically checking out the Kevin Nash podcast on YouTube. Tristan has been working on that show as a producer and has even been featured on screen a few times. He sometimes took questions from fans, and just this week they were promoting an upcoming event he was going to be performing at. (He was a musician.)

It is obvious from seeing how they interact with each other on the show and how he talked about Tristan, just how close Kevin Nash and his son were as a father and son, and how proud of Kevin is of him. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain that poor family must be going through right now. I have an uncle who lost his son at the same age, and it literally destroyed him. He has never been the same since. They always say the greatest tragedy is when a parent has to bury a child and I believe that to be true, from what I have seen.

This is just unspeakably tragic. I really feel for Kevin Nash and his family right now, this is just terrible news. Nash was just mentioning on this recent show what a terrible year it has been for him, losing Scott Hall and almost losing Triple H. And now his son has died on Scott Hall’s birthday.  Heartbreaking.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/20/2022 at 12:00 AM, The Thread Killer said:

I turned on the AWA episode and lasted about two minutes. Between Greg Gagne and Ken Patera, they may have set a new record for combining obnoxiousness and utter bullshit all seated at one table.

This show is a massive disappointment.

Yeah, going from the mostly really good Dark Sides series to this is such a huge plunge in quality. It's like hearing old anecdotes from RF videos all over again with annoying production tricks. I would rather just watch Back to the Territories from the KC Vault instead.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:37 PM, Strummer said:

Tristen Nash, son of Kevin Nash, has passed away at age 26.

This is so awful. Nash must be so heartbroken. Just unbelievably tragic.

Bizarre. I actually enjoyed what I had seen of the first couple XPW shows from this year but this show seemed to go a totally opposite direction. Really leaning in to it too with social media posts about how they're "really giving the fans what they want with Drake Younger in the main event!" 

When I think of Necro, I think of beloved indy icon, but lately I see him getting hate from a domestic incident from 10 years ago and now using him like this... in addition to Masada also getting "cancelled" recently and that being used in XPW storyline. Just totally all downhill. 

Holy fuck.

Does he have Alberto's number ? 

I do not even want to listen to Drake's shit.

How is this shit even real ?

EDIT : WAIT WAIT WAIT :

In French no less. So, Jasmine is actually a real-life racist piece of shit, this is not an act, people.

(context a young 12 girl was killed by a woman that happens to be an irregular immigrant and the extreme-rights and fascists have jumped on this like the worst people on earth that they are to weaponize the poor girl's death and make it about immigrants, last week there were actually people manifesting "for Lola" to the chants of "Immigrants, murderers", yep, that is happening in France right now and it's vomit inducing, the country is gonna be like Italy, Sweden or Hungary in 5 years at this rate)

I don't know what he even has left in the tank at this point, but Nakamura going back to Japan full-time would probably be what I desire the most as a fan. Dude has been invisible since coming to WWE outside of his NXT debut & the one promo where he said he doesn't speak English after cheating. 

And we know Muta has nothing left. He's been washed for at least a decade. He's got less knees than poor ol' Terry Funk.

Nice callback to their 2008 feud.

Nice of WWE to let him work that show just like they did KENTA for the Marufuji Anniversary.

Will Shinsuke open his eyes like KENTA did after that show and ask for his release?

Pretty telling that WWE is willing to do this but not let Anderson work a New Japan show because they wanted him in Saudi Mania.

52 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I don't know what he even has left in the tank at this point, but Nakamura going back to Japan full-time would probably be what I desire the most as a fan.

I don't think it would change much. Nak is happy living in the US, cashing what I guess is nice checks (such a boomer, me, who cashes checks anymore ?), going surfing and not breaking himself in half in every big match (truth be told, he always kinda was a "big match only" worker before, well in WWE he's been a "one match only" kinda worker). I'm sure he would pop a crowd if he was back in NJPW, but likewise KENTA, his US stint and aging has changed the worker he used to be. I really think it would be underwhelming anyway and a sad reminder that, well, it's not 2015 anymore.

4 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

Pretty telling that WWE is willing to do this but not let Anderson work a New Japan show because they wanted him in Saudi Mania.

Honestly at this point it seems clear Karl just took the big check for the Saudi show and said F New Japan. 

13 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Shinsuke must have been smoking copious amounts of weed and surfing some really great waves. He's got money, and his body is really not the same as it was. What motivation is there for him to go back to Nooj or other Japanese companies?

I know he apparently promised to be around for Tana's retirement (which I imagine will be sooner than later these days) but other than that......yeah got nothing. It was well known that he had major back problems way back in NJPW as per his own admission and couldn't really go a whole lot anymore, the style was just too much.

Honestly should be a fairly good match despite Muta being half cyborg at this point lol