Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shoutout to WrestlingTravel for refunding my $3500 WrestleMania 39 downpayment, unprompted and in full. Turns out selling packages two years out can be royally fucked up by 10+% global inflation. Looks like they're not offering any packages at all.

So full credit to them. In such a shitty industry full of conmen and carnies, it's good to know there's still some good guys floating around. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, brockobama said:

Had no luck looking around for it a few weeks back but I figured I'd ask here on the anniversary of his death: is there footage of that Brian Hildebrand/Mark Curtis benefit show from '99 floating around somewhere, preferably on the internet?

As per Henry Klimkowski (Hank Hudson - the ring announcer for the event):

Unfortunately, no!!! There were no taping cameras allowed as a condition of having all these wrestlers from rival organizations together on one card!!!

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

You think he'll end up on WWE or AEW? More importantly, are his Boys coming with him?

His gimmick would work better in WWE, plus their style would be easier on his body.  He could be great as a player/coach type in NXT too. 

Its been mentioned but it still seems like it's being undersold that it's pretty much been confirmed that Patrick Clark's firing (and the weird non reaction his last match from the crowd of PC trainees) was due to his pecker-checker cam in EC3's bathroom rather than him sliding in the DMs of some young boy.  They apparently were ok with him being a creep until it happened to them. 

I had some weird random thought recently: "I am sure that someone made a list with the 'best' wrestler per US state". Googling found a couple of lists but I first did not take them seriously as the listed for example Kenny Kaos (of High Voltage "fame") as the best Alaskan wrestler or Torrie Wilson as the number one export of Idaho. I mean Idaho has a population of two million people (and had 1 million thirty years ago), so that there had to be some decent notable wrestlers from that state in the last couple of decades but nope. If you search for "Idaho" in cagematch, you find 23 people listed and the only somewhat notable person on the list besides Wilson is Vince Lopez who seemed to have a good career spanning from the mid 1930s to the late 1950s (mostly based on the west coast).

There are also other states that don't give you much to work with. Looking at Vermont for example, the only names I recognize are Vivian Vachon, EC Negro and KC Blade. And to go back to Alaska, cagematch does not come up with anyone worthy of any kind of list (besides some fake Alaskans like Jay and Mike York).

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I guess their thought process was that him basically being a creepy fuck in their locker room was much easier to prove. Would probably explain why they decided to keep Theory despite similar allegations against him. 

Theory’s accuser isn’t even online anymore. They either bought her off or determined it wasn’t credible.