TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/12/2023 at 11:38 AM, Timbo Slice said:

My world gets a bit dimmer with that photo. 

I hear you, but realistically, if it wasn’t for Conrad, Kawada never would have made the trip. Somebody had to foot the bill, may as well be him.

I would really love to get my hands on a copy of the interview that Kawada did with Eddie at Starrcast. I would be fascinated to hear him interviewed.

In terms of quality and entertainment value, Hollywood Hogan's run is the worst main event run of all time.

The worst promos

The worst matches

The worst angles

I'm not sure there is even a decent Hollywood Hogan singles match in the WCW run. Any angles or promos that are any good are because of the other person involved, not him. Anything that requires "acting" is so bad. The absolute most groan and ugh worthy person on the entire WCW roster anytime he appears on screen in any capacity in 1996-1998. It's somehow even worse than the 1995-pre turn 1996 run, which is also absolutely dreadful.

It's wild how DDT manages to burst the wrestling bubble so often. Wrestling on a train, blow-up dolls being featured wrestlers, Kenny Omega beating a small kid... I never had a bad time watching their stuff. 

On 9/17/2023 at 10:01 AM, strobogo said:

I'm not sure there is even a decent Hollywood Hogan singles match in the WCW run. Any angles or promos that are any good are because of the other person involved, not him. Anything that requires "acting" is so bad. The absolute most groan and ugh worthy person on the entire WCW roster anytime he appears on screen in any capacity in 1996-1998. It's somehow even worse than the 1995-pre turn 1996 run, which is also absolutely dreadful.

Once Nash goes blonde, who's their best worker? Buff Bagwell?

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's wild how DDT manages to burst the wrestling bubble so often. Wrestling on a train, blow-up dolls being featured wrestlers, Kenny Omega beating a small kid... I never had a bad time watching their stuff. 

Once Nash goes blonde, who's their best worker? Buff Bagwell?

Nash went blonde in early 1998 so that was pretty much the peak of the WCW talent roster.

Actually there isn't much talent in the nWo. Especially post split, when Savage is gone, Hall is drunk, Norton is in Japan, Buff is hurt and not working most of the year, Steiner is doing schtick all year. 

Depending on what you think about Bret being an actual member or not, I think there's an argument that can be made that Nash actually is the best worker by that point until Sting joins the Wolfpac. Maybe Lex. Hennig was not having good matches or promos. Everything was Rick Rude interference and truly bad promos with them. 

On 9/21/2023 at 12:37 PM, Coffey said:

There was still a lot of talent in the nWo, like Hennig, but I'm not sure how many of them got much chance to display anything. Bret?

From what I remember, Hennig was pretty much used up by that point. I remember that he had a match with the Bulldog at Spring Stampede 98 that was particularly hard to watch. A good part of the blame for that lands on the Bulldog too, but I still remember they both looked awful and at one point they were using the ropes to hold themselves up. It was really sad, I have never forgotten it.

Reading Ole Anderson's autobiography and wanted to understand, how did Ole go from wrestling with Gene in the Carolinas to actually booking Georgia (and of course being the main eventer) in such a short span of time? The way he tells it, he was basically a main eventer from the day he started, cuz he would tell the promoters to fuck off if he didn't like what they were saying. Which is definitely not the normal experience of wrestling rookies of that time (or any time for that matter). 

TORN ANUSES - HELP NEEDED

Any good brothers (or lurkers) know much about torn anuses (I believe "ani" is also an accepted plural form)? Asking for me, because I was just reading about Sean Waltman's torn anus and a question arose: he tears his pooper doing a bronco buster on an exposed turnbuckle, but it's not until hours later, in his hotel room, that the blood starts "gushing" until the room "looked like a crime scene".

How long did your torn anus take to bleed? I'm not suggesting a champagne bottle or a big, black, ceramic bong was involved at the afterparty, but the timeline does seem odd.

Anyone?