Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four years ago, I could see it, although he really was never anything special in the ring (no idea if he is better now), because they lacked big beefy guys. Now ? They have plenty already, and really good ones too. The last thing AEW needs is another Wardlow (well, at least Hammerstone was a good promo/vignette guy back then, that's how I remember him the most). I could see him ending up in TNA though.

If Jim Breaks killed his girlfriend after he had been diagnosed with dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease, I really don’t think he can be held responsible. Verne Gagne killed another resident in his nursing home after he had been diagnosed, and nobody holds that against his legacy. I know Breaks was declared unfit to stand trial due to his condition and spent his final years in a confined hospital unit for dementia patients but I don’t know if he was suffering from the condition when the killing occurred.

It happened in 2017. That's 6 years ago. There was never any mention of dementia back then. Breaks reportedly confessed to assaulting her during an argument after his arrest. So there.

7 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

I got no comment on Breaks. But if someone starts an In Memorium thread when Lawler dies, I'm jumping in with both feet. That one's gonna be a shitshow.

"Threw great punches, loved underage girls, got the "puppie" chant over. The Gerard Depardieu of Memphis wrestling."

The court ruled in 2020 that he was incompetent to stand trial because he was unable to understand the proceedings and charges against him and contribute to his defense. Since dementia is a progressive condition, he was likely suffering from it to a degree when he assaulted his girlfriend, although there's no way of knowing if he was still able to tell right from wrong at that point.

You know, looking back why did anyone suspect Andrade would show up immediately in WWE when his wife was set to have her knee reattached within the week and he's probably want to support her during that.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

You know, looking back why did anyone suspect Andrade would show up immediately in WWE when his wife was set to have her knee reattached within the week and he's probably want to support her during that.

Not to mention he's working a GCW show next week. 

Hot take, but I'd say matches that are considered "throwaway" hold up better than matches with a backstory. With a match that has a long backstory, you've got to remember all the details that led up to why it's happening in the first place, but a "cold" match means you can just enjoy a match with a beginning, a middle, and an ending, without it being attached to some ongoing feud.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:58 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Matt and Reby seem to have broken (he) up, so expect things to be extra messy on social media.

Poor kiddos. No wonder Matt was pushing for that main event money.

She’s a real class act, taking shots at the guy on Social Media by claiming she couldn’t talk to him because he has CTE. I can’t stand the guy, and I have little doubt that he probably does have CTE, but how about keeping your private life private, FFS? They have kids. There’s no need to put that kind of shit out there, that’s just a garbage thing to do.

I wasn't following joshi too closely at the time, the infamous letter Asuka/Kana wrote back in the day calling out the joshi scene for catering to men too much her working herself into a shoot or vice versa? I've seen both sides being claimed where either she was just setting up a new heel character or was legit shooting on the amount of creepers that were hanging around the scene.