Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sienna/Rosemary to unify the GFW and TNA women's titles was a decent match with a twist on the usual green mist deal (Sienna put her hand over Rosemary's mouth when she sprayed the mist then rubbed her eyes to be able to lock her into a submission win).

So the main event is Lashley with King Mo and assorted American Top Team members in his corner vs Alberto with Dos Caras Sr and Jr in his corner. This is already the most pro wrestling thing ever.

Sienna/Rosemary to unify the GFW and TNA women's titles was a decent match with a twist on the usual green mist deal (Sienna put her hand over Rosemary's mouth when she sprayed the mist then rubbed her eyes to be able to lock her into a submission win).

So the main event is Lashley with King Mo and assorted American Top Team members in his corner vs Alberto with Dos Caras Sr and Jr in his corner. This is already the most pro wrestling thing ever.

That finish looked like a twist of a finish between Decay and The Wolves from last year when Eddie Edwards did something similar to Rosemary and then Davey sprayed the mist in Rosemary's eyes.

How is Jim Mitchell looking these days?

Pretty much the same only with a bald head now.

btw the Alberto-Lashley match was pretty good too. Alberto won with his top rope footstomp move that somehow hasn't caused an old timer to rant on how it's killing the business yet.

lol'ing so hard at this:

The latest installment of WWE 24 will feature exclusive commentary from many of Angle's closest friends and colleagues, including Mr. McMahon and Dixie Carter, who worked with The Olympic Gold Medalist from 2006 to 2016.

They should have went full petty and said she worked with him at the now-defunct TNA since that would be technically correct.

lol'ing so hard at this:

The latest installment of WWE 24 will feature exclusive commentary from many of Angle's closest friends and colleagues, including Mr. McMahon and Dixie Carter, who worked with The Olympic Gold Medalist from 2006 to 2016.

They should have went full petty and said she worked with him at the now-defunct TNA since that would be technically correct.

OR they should have her just randomly show up on Raw and Smackdown to scare the shit out of Joe and AJ.

Yikes. With the whole story of him and Paige apparently splitting up then getting back together before the PPV, this strikes me as a very bad sign. And TNA… well GFW, is kinda fucked. Again. (and Paige should run away if there is domestic abuse)

If you ever needed proof of the negative long term effects of chairshots to the head...

Mick Foley posted this on his Facebook page today:

DIXIE CARTER ON WWE TV – this makes me happy!

Yes, I am very happy that Dixie Carter will be appearing Monday night, after WWE Raw on the WWE Network special on Kurt Angle. Dixie did a lot for wrestling, a lot for Kurt and so many wrestlers – and in my opinion, her contributions to the wrestling business have been largely overlooked or greatly underestimated.

I have heard most of the criticisms before. I was personally critical of Dixie and TNA on several occasions when I worked there – and have poked a little good-natured fun at them from time to time since leaving. But, with the benefit of hindsight, I came to see how fortunate I was to have had Dixie Carter in my life – and how fortunate professional wrestling was to have had her in our business.

For the past few years, I wanted to write an article, “It’s a Wonderful Life, Dixie Carter”, where – in the spirit of the classic Jimmy Stewart movie – I would try to imagine the wrestling landscape had Dixie not been part of our world. I never quite got around to it. So instead, I wrote her a hand-written letter last month, expressing both my appreciation for what she had done for professional wrestling, and my gratefulness for having had the opportunity to work for her. But, try if you can to imagine the landscape of professional wrestling has she chosen not to become part of it in 2002. It almost certainly would look much bleaker than it does today. I didn’t always agree with Dixie’s decisions, but she was a good boss, a good person and a blessing to our business. I’m proud to call her a friend – and happy that she will be appearing on WWE TV.

If you could do me a small favor, try to fight that strong urge to say something negative – and perhaps think about sharing a nice thought about Dixie or TNA in the comments.

I wonder what Jim Cornette, Billy Corgan, the executives at Spike TV and Destination America, and the countless creditors that Dixie Carter lied to and ripped off would have to say nice about Dixie.

This woman was responsible for employing Vince Russo - twice - and lying about it. She deserves nothing nice to be said about her contributions to the wrestling business.

WTF is wrong with Foley?

I wonder what Jim Cornette, Billy Corgan, the executives at Spike TV and Destination America, and the countless creditors that Dixie Carter lied to and ripped off would have to say nice about Dixie.

And employees. Wasn't TNA the company where some women workers had to get part-time jobs to make it while getting the best ratings quarters ?

Foley surely had nothing but good things to say about Dixie personnally, but she is one if not the main reason why TNA never got past the point of irrelevancy. Wanna give any credit for TNA existing and giving guys a platform to work and show their stuff ? Credit Jarrett. Fucking Dixie Carter, please...

My main issue is the fact he keeps trying to say that Dixie Carter did something for wrestling. Well, she did...it just wasn't anything good.

I can see him liking her, hell I've had a few incompetent bosses at various jobs over the years who I thought were perfectly nice people - they just happened to be not very good at their jobs. Saying she's a nice person is fine, claiming that wrestling was lucky to have her and she did a lot for the industry is just delusional, and insulting to the intelligence.

• 1 month later...