WWE Hall of Fame 2019

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think folks getting worked up DX going in for whatever reason they might have, are maybe missing the point. Micheals is already in it. HHH is going to be in it. The Outlaws would eventually be in it, and so would Waltman. This is about getting Chyna in, which has been a question buzzing around for the last few years. Will they ever do it?  If it takes doing the group to get it done, fine. It seems to mean a lot to her family that it's happening, and despite it being the group, the only story is Chyna. And they knew that was going to happen. 

And before anyone pulls the "It's a worked HOF" deal, besides the fact that a lot of the wrestlers honestly do feel honored, I'd imagine that the rest of them know that they'd either be getting rings or second rings eventually, so they probably look at this the same way for themselves. Just another worked title. But again, they know it's for Chyna and her family, and despite everything I believe they all forgive anything that happened and just feel bad about how her life went, despite whatever it is that's making them go with the group induction.

Shit, maybe they're testing the waters with a group induction to see how much shit gets dredged up, get it out of the way, and then eventually induct her individually. They can go full force with her memory as the first two time female in the HOF, and it fills a spot. These HOF's need workers. :)

Yeah this seems like a way to get Chyna in without having to deal with the awkwardness of a solo introduction. Which is fine, because she was a pretty big star in the biggest boom time the company had so she definately deserves a place (at least just as much as anyone else in the WWE HOF). 

And yes, there should be a pool to see how many times Hunter gets in before it's all said and done:

HHH solo

DX

Evolution

Authority Hunter

NXT Dad Paul

Generous Benefactor to the UK Audience Because of NXT UK Paul

Future WWE Chairman Paul 

This might be one of those things where age plays a factor. It may seem ludicrous in a wrestling hall of fame, but this is the WWE Hall of Fame and Torrie Wilson (and Stacy Keibler too) are, to me, bigger "names" than Brutus Beefcake. 

I say age plays a factor because I do often feel like older fans have a much better knowledge of Beefcake's popularity whereas I, only getting into wrestling around 90'/91', really only knew him after the parasailing accident. Sure, I'd seen his PPV matches in the 80s on the VHS tapes I rented from the video store, but as a weekly, regular TV character, he was basically just an interviewer when I was growing up and I kinda didn't appreciate that he'd been an upper midcard guy in 89'. 

I hate to reduce what Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler were for WCW and WWE from 99' through 02'/03', but I will: they were the two top "eye candy" characters during a time when "eye candy" characters were part and parcel with US pro-wrestling. I wasn't a WWE viewer then and, watching some of those shows from that era more recently, its not interesting or entertaining to me now, so I get that they represent an era that many of us would like to forget. That being said, the one thing that is undeniable is that their segments got big responses. I cringe when I watch Torrie and Stacy rolling around in their underwear while the camera men try their best to get the best wedgie view possible...but the live crowds are clearly loving the 3-minute softcore sex shows they'd put on each month. 

So, if the reason Beefcake is going in is because he was undeniably over in 89', the same concession should be granted to Torrie Wilson (and Stacy Keibler), who sold a ton of magazines and probably DVDs too.

* I wanted to note, too, that Torrie and some of the other non-wrestling women (and men) of the time and even today were/are frequently used for charity events, photo ops, and other brand promotion. Her work in that role is why I didn't want to just reduce her to "eye candy" a few paragraphs up (even though I did). 

88/89 were Beefcake's best years as he was at his peak of overness and was probably # 2 babyface behind Hogan until Warrior surpassed him.

Stacy always seemed more over than Torrie but Torrie was always pushed stronger. Undoubtedly agreeing to do Playboy multiple times was the main factor in that  Also Torrie had the misfortune of being a prominent character when the wrestling business went on a sharp decline in popularity in 02/03.  She was pushed the hardest during those years 

Well, I mean, we have to get all the members of the Wrestlemania Playboy Pillow Fight into the WWE Hall of Fame, obviously! Torrie Wilson this year, Candice Michelle next!

And who can forget the LEGENDARY feud with Dawn Marie over Torrie Wilson's father??? 

Long time coming, that one. Torrie Wilson changed the professional wrestling industry, lemme tell ya. Surefire first ballot hall of famer right there.

Beefcake deserves to be in, based on the current criteria and who else is already in.

Torrie Wilson is a stretch. The only thing remotely memorable she was ever involved in was the Dawn Marie feud, and Dawn and Torrie's dad carried that. (And Playboy too, I guess?)

20 hours ago, DMJ said:

This might be one of those things where age plays a factor. It may seem ludicrous in a wrestling hall of fame, but this is the WWE Hall of Fame and Torrie Wilson (and Stacy Keibler too) are, to me, bigger "names" than Brutus Beefcake. 

No matter how old (or young) are you, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that Torrie is more well-known than Beefcake. Watching even one previous WrestleMania gives you a more memorable Beefcake moment than anything Torrie has ever done in her entire career.

With that said, Beefcake comes across as a total buffoon in his book, so the speech should be interesting if it's not written for him and he's given enough rope to put his fungus-ridden foot in his halitosis-infested mouth.