Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/10 - 06/16 Operation Car Wash is a fraud and Lula is a political prisoner

KawadaSmile

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

While I'm not against the idea of Shane being this rich playboy piece of shit, not sure if Miz being 3-0 (or is it 4-0 now?) against him is the smartest idea.

At this point you are risking making Miz, who's over as the babyface, look like a goober, and not get the desired result for the pay off.

Yeah, I don't get it. Even when Miz and/or Roman do win, it won't do anything for them, because of course they won against Shane. 

This formula works with full-time wrestlers, not the part-time owner's kid.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Yeah, I don't get it. Even when Miz and/or Roman do win, it won't do anything for them, because of course they won against Shane. 

This formula works with full-time wrestlers, not the part-time owner's kid.

It *can* work. Just look at Vince's feuds with basically anyone.

The issue is that Shane isn't showing ass as much as his dad, and I doubt he will.

I mean I get making the life of the person you are feuding with a living hell because you are the superior, but it wouldn't hurt to be ridiculed.

14 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It *can* work. Just look at Vince's feuds with basically anyone.

The issue is that Shane isn't showing ass as much as his dad, and I doubt he will.

I mean I get making the life of the person you are feuding with a living hell because you are the superior, but it wouldn't hurt to be ridiculed.

Yeah, it worked 20 years ago with Vince. No one else is Vince. The formula has had diminishing returns with lesser performers ever since. Shane is good in his own way. Being a Vince Redux isn't one of those ways.

I know there's a lot of comparisons to be made between Raw and the dark days of Nitro but at least Nitro used to have some good car crash energy about it at times, even if it didn't work. 

This WWE product is just so lifeless, there's nothing redeemable about it at all at the moment. God knows how it must feel from the inside.

Absolutely, Chad Gable vs Jack Gallagher was just terrific. Some lovely matwork to kick off, before Gable unleashed some beautiful suplexes and Gallagher laid in some big bombs of his own. Good to see both guys get some time to work with, would happily see the two paired up again. 

So they finally grew a brain and put Gable on 205 Live?  I need to check that out ASAP, especially if he's fighting Gentleman Jack.  Gable is easily talented enough to carry that whole show and division on his back.  They need to get the Cruiserweight Championship on that guy and far away from Tony Nese, ASAP.  Now maybe we can get good CW matches on the PPV's unlike that Nese/Davari classic we got treated to at MITB. I see they were finally smart enough to put the Singh brothers on 205 Live as a Tag Team as well, instead of just being Mahal's lackeys.

It's funny because I think Jack Gallagher is the strongest in the entire division but most people just talk about him in passing while singing the praises of others. He's not chopped liver out there! Dude is a star.

Of course, I don't think 205 really even needs to exist. Guys like Jack Gallagher, Chad Gable or Tyler Bate should be stars anywhere, regardless of their size. And I say that as a self-professed fan of hosses.

Yeah - I will watch the random episode of 205 Live maybe twice a year, but I don't "get" the need for it no matter how great it is as its own stand-alone thing. I really liked Jack Gallagher when he was on the main roster and his offense was bad-ass enough for me to accept him as a threat to just about anyone. No different than Balor or Mysterio in that regard. Ali moved up from 205 and doesn't stick out as "too small" at all. According to wikipedia, Almas is 210 and 5'9.  

The Universal Champion is 6'1', 217 pounds. The WWE Champion is 6'0 and 212. This ain't boxing. Weight divisions when your main eventers are only 10 pounds heavier than the guys in your cruiserweight division makes no sense to me.

As someone who does not watch it regularly, 205 Live looks like a hamster wheel/holding cell from the outside. I'll admit I'm ignorant about all the minutiae and details of the brand, but is it not that? Is it not just its own insular little world of "small guys" putting on good matches for good matches' sake in 3/4ths-empty arenas?*

* I'd call them "half-empty" arenas, but that's the attendance for the main roster shows these days.

TBF, the crowd was hot for last nights show. A bit quiet at the start of Jack/Gable, but they soon got into it, and the main event got over huge, with "205" chants busting through. There may not be many size differences to the main roster, but something about the show feels fresh in comparison, the wrestlers felt like they were going all out and were given time to do so.

Gable would be at least a pushed midcard guy in any other era but now we're in the era of extreme roster bloat so talents like him and Gallagher don't really get the chance to stand out. 

I don't watch 205 either but I checked it out this week as something to watch in the background and I was impressed by that match and some of the other performances. The backstage promos were decent as well. It is basically a make-work programme to give their ten million guys something to do but at least it's an easy watch and something that Vince seems to be quite hands off with, which is a good thing in 2019.

I came here to post about 205 Live, so I'm glad to see everyone else is talking about it already.

Chad Gable vs. Jack Gallagher was quite an awesome match. Everyone is always singing the praises of Gable (including me), but I agree with all of you that Gallagher shouldn't be slept on either - he has always been one of my favorites.

With that said, 205 Live may as well be Jakked or Metal for how much it matters, and that's sad.

But don't take my word for it...

(BTW, since it seems no one realizes this: Both 205 Live and NXT - yes, even TakeOver - is on Hulu. That's how I was able to watch it without a current Network subscription. You just can't watch it live on Hulu.)

205 Live will be fantastic compilation material in about 5 years, so there's that.

But yeah, there's a huge amount of wasted potential on that show, as shown with Buddy Murphy getting nothing on the main shows after having an incredible 2018. What it needs is someone with knowledge and creativity booking it out of Vince's orbit, kind of like Dusty did with WWECW at its best but do they even have anyone there that can do that these days? And with all the time they have on Raw and Smackdown, there's absolutely no reason that they shouldn't be integrated more intelligently on those shows. Gallagher alone has the charisma to pull off the 24/7 Comedy stuff while still retaining the aura that he could headbutt a man to death at a moment's notice. Then again, the booking and hierarchies are all fucked anyway so maybe it's best to have your own little awesome wrestling show live in it's bubble.

As everybody here has discussed at great length, WWE has way too many wrestlers signed.  If 205 Live didn't exist, it's not like these guys would be getting featured on Raw and Smackdown, they'd just be buried and not be used.  Remember when Raw was supposed to be "home of the Crusierweight Division?"  They'd have a Cruiserweight match, change the lighting, the color of the ropes and a special graphic, etc.  How long did that last, 6 weeks, maybe?  Now, even though people have to suffer through 3 hours of Raw every week, they can't find time for the Cruiserweights. I'm just glad these guys have somewhere to work where people can actually see them if they want.  Hell, I hope Eric Young gets sent there, it's his only chance to get on television, probably.  The hilarious thing is that the guys who do distinguish themselves on 205 Live and really stand out like Murphy and Alexander get sent to Raw or Smackdown as a reward, I guess?  And that reward is...nobody ever sees you again.

Chad Gable's new look, with the tan, better physique, new haircut & new gear... makes him look a lot like Brad Maddox. I actually think he stands out less than when he had the singlet and headband. 

I wonder if that Gallagher/Gable match ended with the planned finish. If so, kudos to them making it look so real. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cruiserweights have barely appeared on Raw since Enzo Amore was fired in early 2018? Before then, they were closing Raws and actually retaining decent numbers given where they are on the totem pole.

It's a shame because having guys like Tozawa, Metallik, Kendrick, Gallagher, Alexander etc. work the undercard would be a massive benefit to the show. If the first hour became the testing ground for all these new ideas and acts, not only would it help the flow of the show, but it would make it that much more rewarding to be a fan. To see an act fine tune their gimmick and work their way up the card is what Pro Wrestling should be about. And if they flop, it's back to the drawing board.

I thought the way they started last week with Lars Sullivan winning a 3-1 against an established team was straight out of the WCW Playbook. An awful piece of business that didn't do anybody any favours. Unless the fans enjoyed watching the Lucha House Party take some hellacious bumps, there were no winners.

People criticized the Enzo reign, but it got more eyeballs on the Cruiserweights (good luck if you think Tony Nese will ever do that), and more importantly, Vince actually gave a shit about the division when Enzo was champ.