Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage - 20th August 2021

Stiva

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Well my completely legal stream died so I missed the moment

Was able to catch him just when he was about to speak then mine went down too lol.. No channel shows AEW here in Chile so it's gonna be a motherfucker to catch this shit live it seems. I'm fine waiting for Dragon but once that dude is back I wanna watch what he does :(

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Jmare007 said:

Was able to catch him just when he was about to speak then mine went down too lol.. No channel shows AEW here in Chile so it's gonna be a motherfucker to catch this shit live it seems. I'm fine waiting for Dragon but once that dude is back I wanna watch what he does :(

WWE shows in general are fine, but man AEW is a pain in the ass to find "legally". Still, gonna watch it later. It's the one thing I was looking forward to.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hope he stays away from the YB or Omega, for real.

Nah, Punk vs. Omega is money. So is Punk and Bryan vs. Young Bucks.

The real money, of course, is Punk vs. the true Best in the World, "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage.

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Nah, Punk vs. Omega is money. So is Punk and Bryan vs. Young Bucks.

The real money, of course, is Punk vs. the true Best in the World, "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage.

It's not even because of the match quality itself, although of course your mileage may vary, or even that it wouldn't attract viewers, the issue is that they are fucking dorks. Cannot even imagine that dweeb Omega trying to out-promo CM Punk, man. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Punk vs Mox or Miro would be cool - him going up against Page would be great.

8 minutes ago, C.S. said:

So is Punk and Bryan vs. Young Bucks.

Punk and Dragon doing a 2.0 version of The Hybrid Dolphis vs Young Bucks match from DDT4 2009 would be amazing. Just 20 minutes of Danielson and Roddy beating the absolute fuck out of the Bucks only to lose by fuckery. I think you'd love that match if you haven't already seen it :lol:

What a hell of a night, man...

Besides the obvious, i think going the quasi-Goldberg route with Jade is 100% the right move.  i'd actually say she's in a rather similar spot to him in terms of size + athleticism + charisma + being green, so go with what's proven to work imo

The only real downer was Mark Henry not exactly being ready for prime time, but i'm willing to give him time

The Punk pop and entrance was everything you’d ever hope for, topped with a good return promo and hype for Darby/Punk which should be incredible if the rumours of Punk looking at his best in training are true.

Thought that hour flew by; Cargill is green as grass and looks to the hard camera far too much but get her in there with Emi Sakura and she’ll be golden. Really dug the main; told a nice little compact story with a good body part focus and a nice little go-home crowd pleasing end. I like the duelling promos hosted by Mark Henry that they did this week and last. Both Moxley and Matt Lee popped me with the pregnancy line and “This arena has waited 20 years for a main event like this!”

Obviously not every Rampage will have something like Punk’s return but give me a good tag match, a semi-squash, a good angle and a competitive main event every week and it’ll be a great formula.