Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

LOL, the Tuesday Bryan & Vinny & Craig show originally started off with Craig saying the next song contest would be about Bryan's love of black women wrestlers until apparently people on the board said it was racist and the show was uploaded with an obviously added on intro and the whole opening segment dumped like a raunchy terrestrial radio bit. The funny thing was the whole bit was set up as a jab on Bryan's unexplained fandom of Naomi and how he's always saying she should win the Divas belt, and by the disclaimer that was posted on the show link you'd think there was a string of N-bombs that had to be edited out.

Song contests? Aren't they a wrestling website?

No kidding. Dave has got to update his model. The editorial standards aren't strong in the newsletter either, but people forgive that because he writes such a huge amount each week. But that kind of thing can destroy Dave's rep over time even if he has nothing to do with it. Whether it's him or someone else, someone should be screening everything that goes on the site against a set of consistent standards. Just imagine if that site was run like an actual news enterprise.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, the Tuesday Bryan & Vinny & Craig show originally started off with Craig saying the next song contest would be about Bryan's love of black women wrestlers until apparently people on the board said it was racist and the show was uploaded with an obviously added on intro and the whole opening segment dumped like a raunchy terrestrial radio bit. The funny thing was the whole bit was set up as a jab on Bryan's unexplained fandom of Naomi and how he's always saying she should win the Divas belt, and by the disclaimer that was posted on the show link you'd think there was a string of N-bombs that had to be edited out.

No kidding. Dave has got to update his model. The editorial standards aren't strong in the newsletter either, but people forgive that because he writes such a huge amount each week. But that kind of thing can destroy Dave's rep over time even if he has nothing to do with it. Whether it's him or someone else, someone should be screening everything that goes on the site against a set of consistent standards. Just imagine if that site was run like an actual news enterprise.

Dave probably would had been better off if he joined with the Torch's website instead of with f4weekly.

• 2 weeks later...

Meltzer had a great story on the breaking new audioshow yesterday. After talking about Buddy Landel he spoke a couple of minutes about Cora Combs (who also passed away yesterday, at the age of 92). He spoke about watching some Crush Gals matches together with her and (one of her) comment was: "Where are the tits?"

Meltzer had a great story on the breaking new audioshow yesterday. After talking about Buddy Landel he spoke a couple of minutes about Cora Combs (who also passed away yesterday, at the age of 92). He spoke about watching some Crush Gals matches together with her and (one of her) comment was: "Where are the tits?"

Why the heck would you even mention that?

Its a great, funny story.

What's funny about it, I don't know the person so maybe there is something there?

I think the implication was that she was surprised that there were female wrestlers getting over without overt traditional sex appeal being part of the package.

Its a great, funny story.

What's funny about it, I don't know the person so maybe there is something there?

I think the implication was that she was surprised that there were female wrestlers getting over without overt traditional sex appeal being part of the package.

Funny story?

Who doesn't love grandma with a salty mouth? I've yet to find a situation where that doesn't crack up a room.

Like Brian's racist grandma on the Bryan and Vinny show?

I hate that old people get a pass, for being sexist/racist, etc... I think it's far from funny.

I'm pretty calm, I do find it weird that some old person asking why girls don't have boobs (not being aware that all women are not sexual objects) is a great and funny story and why Dave Metlzer felt the need to share it and others felt the need to mention it as something to listen to.

Who doesn't love grandma with a salty mouth? I've yet to find a situation where that doesn't crack up a room.

Care to elaborate ? I haven't listened to this godforsaken show in years (I mean, are people really paying to hear Alvarez grandma blab nonsense ?)

(and yeah, I second the sentiment. Old fucks saying stupid shit aren't funny just because they are old fucks)

Care to elaborate ? I haven't listened to this godforsaken show in years (I mean, are people really paying to hear Alvarez grandma blab nonsense ?)

(and yeah, I second the sentiment. Old fucks saying stupid shit aren't funny just because they are old fucks)

I haven't listened in years, but when I was she would make racist comments and Bryan would urge everyone to stop getting mad at her, because she was old.

I'm pretty calm, I do find it weird that some old person asking why girls don't have boobs (not being aware that all women are not sexual objects) is a great and funny story and why Dave Metlzer felt the need to share it and others felt the need to mention it as something to listen to.

I find the "feminist troll" gimmick you are rocking these days to be pretty fucking weird, myself. Different strokes, I suppose.

I find the "feminist troll" gimmick you are rocking these days to be pretty fucking weird, myself. Different strokes, I suppose.

There's a 35% chance of you getting banned now.

Dave probably would had been better off if he joined with the Torch's website instead of with f4weekly.

The time for that was back in 1999/2000 before the years wasted with his other website, but... Yes.

I hate that old people get a pass, for being sexist/racist, etc... I think it's far from funny.

I don't have a problem with it if it's honest sentiment expressed in a way that might not be PC now, but is still an honest question, which is how I took her comment when I read it.

I hope I get the same consideration when I'm older...mostly because I'm closer to "old fart" status than most of you here, I think. :)

I don't have a problem with it if it's honest sentiment expressed in a way that might not be PC now, but is still an honest question, which is how I took her comment when I read it.

I hope I get the same consideration when I'm older...mostly because I'm closer to "old fart" status than most of you here, I think. :)

Wrong language can be ok... racist/sexist is not, even if you are old.

I'm not offended by what she said (it is whatever), I just find it very bizarre someone would point that out as a great/funny story.