Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

Best I could ever tell, Cornette was never sole booker for any period of time. They obviously value his opinion and he has some say and contributes but once Gabe left it went straight to Pearce and once they dumped him it went straight to Delerious as far as who's officially in charge.

Don't recall them using OVW guys that much outside of the times when they ran the OVW arena or somewhear else close to OVW's base.

Look at how convoluted that gimmick match is. IMO, if it takes more than 5 words to communicate a gimmick match to someone, it's too complicated

3 stages of hell or some variant has been around forever, I always thought it was a cool gimmick myself.

They were using Metal Master and a couple of other guys in the undercard for awhile if I remember correctly.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been watching wrestling for a long time. Over twenty years. Tonight, when Mark Henry knocked Randy Orton out of the RKO, then shook his head at him (as if telling him "you ain't got it"), before hitting the World's Strongest THUMP Slam for the clean win in the middle of the ring...that is one of the most satisfying moments I have ever lived through while watching. That was awesome and incredible and extremely satisfying and fulfilling.

I have been watching wrestling for a long time. Over twenty years. Tonight, when Mark Henry knocked Randy Orton out of the RKO, then shook his head at him (as if telling him "you ain't got it"), before hitting the World's Strongest THUMP Slam for the clean win in the middle of the ring...that is one of the most satisfying moments I have ever lived through while watching. That was awesome and incredible and extremely satisfying and fulfilling.

Cheers to Mark after years of ups and downs. Funny that his first world title win comes on a night when Cena wins his 10th. (or is it more?) That kind of sums up the year for WWE: we'll try a few new things, but in the end it's back to business as usual.

Cheers to Mark after years of ups and downs. Funny that his first world title win comes on a night when Cena wins his 10th. (or is it more?) That kind of sums up the year for WWE: we'll try a few new things, but in the end it's back to business as usual.

12, actually. I had to check on Wikipedia to make sure. I can hardly think of a more fitting commentary on the current state of the WWE than the fact that I've literally lost count of how many times Cena has been champion.

Loved the Henry title win and like you guys, I'm hoping for a long reign too. I fear, though, that it'll end at HIAC, because apparently the company feels that title changes at a PPV means higher ratings the following RAW (possibly a reason why Cena won yet again last night). Then again, it's Smackdown, so maybe they'll play it out with Henry a little longer.

They were using Metal Master and a couple of other guys in the undercard for awhile if I remember correctly.

Well, Metal Master is Chad Collyer and he's been working ROH on and off since 02 so I wouldn't really count him. I saw they used Mondo a hand full of times too but that's about it. I didn't search through every result or anything but from a quick glance I couldn't see too many other instances of OVW guys getting used outside of when ROH was running in their area.

Called my brother as soon as it happened. The last time I did that was with the Mayweather show angle. Before that the last time was Eddy winning the title. One of the biggest mark out moments for me of the post-MNW era.

I like Henry. I do. Though in the past, it might have seemed as though I didn't. I just never thought he was a super worker. Glad he's champion.

I think his move set needs some updating though. His current finisher is a good fit for him, but he needs more big man power moves.

"15 minute Iron Man Match with Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong" has disaster written all over it.

I thought it was a 2/3 falls match with one of the falls being an Iron Man match?

Yeah. But setting aside the fact that I don't want to see anyone in ROH in an iron man match of any description, having one as the final fall is basically begging them to disregard the first two falls entirely and squeeze as many nearfalls as they can into a 15-minute window. Not that they need an excuse, of course.

Every single person who's complaining about The Muppets hosting the Halloween Raw is a joyless sack of shit.

I forget that you deal with the outside world with your column. I remembered that when reading your Mark Henry thing and seeing some of the "slow, boring, plodding, no movez" comments.

I was about to say "Who the hell do you interact with that wouldn't like that?" Braver man than I.

Every single person who's complaining about The Muppets hosting the Halloween Raw is a joyless sack of shit.

I haven't watch Raw in about 4 years. I'm seriously considering watching it for the Muppets.

Last Raw I watched was the old-school one they did last year or the year before. But yeah, the Muppets might be enough for me to watch Raw once more.

On a diff note, from the Observer site

Jerry Lawler was taken to the hospital after the show last night with lower back problems after being slammed on the table by Mark Henry. There was a communications snafu as the company had ordered a gimmicked announcers table that would easily break for the spot, but the technical crew forgot to gimmick the table, unbeknownst by Lawler and Henry..

Wonder if someone's getting fired over this? It's not quite as bad as the time one of the crew messed up and accidently set The Undertaker on fire but still. Also, glad back prob is all it is since seeing Meltzer's headline of "Lawler hospitalized" I was thinking something much worse might have hap for a second, not that this doesn't suck too.

I haven't watch Raw in about 4 years. I'm seriously considering watching it for the Muppets.

Last Raw I watched was the old-school one they did last year or the year before. But yeah, the Muppets might be enough for me to watch Raw once more.

This will be the greatest Raw ever! :) My son always watches Raw off of the DVR, and I rarely pay attention. I definitely be paying attention on Halloween!

I have this sneaking suspicion that this story will morph into "Mark Henry carelessly injured Jerry Lawler" over time.

This will be the "longuest" feud ever in the history of WWE if that happens. Lawler was Henry's very first opponent in 1996 (some IYH in September or October) if I remember correctly. 15 years in the making.